SPY ADDON Removal Entirely

Nah i kill lowbies and move on - i save the camping for the spitters and teabaggers - those players who feel somehow that being attacked by the enemy faction on a pvp server is some great unjustice.

I will camp the zepp gankers until they quit or leave the zepp so my faction has a clear transport hub though.

1 Like

if your in stealth spy doesnt announce your name unless u walk over the person with stealth and they can literally click you. there is so much misinformation driving the push to ban this addon ffs people IT CANNOT SEE YOU IN STEALTH, IT DOES NOT MARK YOUR LOCATION

Imagine how different life would be if people had to actually understand what they were talking about before having a favorable or disfavorable opinion on something.

Hell even politics would be largely different. You wouldn’t have to worry about a large swath of people who can’t even name the three branches of government let alone their checks and balances towards the other branches voting in morons every cycle. Come to think of it I don’t think we’ve had an objective intelligent president in the last 50 years. At best they’re monkeys with like one or two reasonable ideas. Except W. Still trying to figure out if he had any intelligent ideas in that brain of his. I guess if you consider him pretending to be utterly confused so people talked about dumb he was over how evil he was as intelligent that’s something?

I’m so tired of seeing this. They literally just have to type out a sentence saying “using the Spy Addon is now a bannable offence.” and this whole thing is finished. Addons are literally in the game folder, if it’s there then you are banned.

The answer is simple, people just want to hide behind the false claim of “it’ll break every single addon’s functionality” to argue for it to stay.

It’s way better now since a beep mean combat for sure but that’s just my perspective. Same with rogues/druids i put on my cats eye goggles and try to open.

Decreasing the combat log detection distance has already affected other add-ons. Take a look at this thread In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased and the comments about damage meters specifically. So yeah it would and already has in a way broken other add-ons.

I only saw 2 addons that were affected out of all the other garbage I read. Damage and threat meters specifically, but there is no proof that the addons are broken. Just a bunch of arm chair warriors going “this will mess up everything”.

Maybe you just linked a bad thread because it was actually useless to go through, but please send me another if you want.

For vanilla I do all the math, things like hit cap being around 6 or 7% for orcs using an axe, is not that hard to do, or considering whether +20 strength is better than +40 attack power, jeez… vanilla is not big numbers yet people download 15 addons for it.

If you didnt ise addons in vanilla you were in the minority. A big selling point for vanilla was to abilty to use addons.

This addon has been soft-removed. It currently does nothing beyond counting players you’ve moused over. It doesn’t even track players casting things in your face.

yea ban people for using the api because thats all spy does recount dbm users your all cheaters and must be banned because your using the api… why dont you get good instead of trying to blame an addon for your failure

1 Like

i agree with this

I never said I’m against the add-on, kid, so calm down. I just said that people defend Spy by claiming that Blizzard can only fix it by breaking other add-ons. Which is not true.

This addon is for garbage players and shouldn’t exist on classic in any capacity. Break it. Ban it. Kill it.

funny enough guess what they reduced the range to try and appease the crying players and it negatively affected a bunch of addons its almost like a bunch of addons make use of the api. furthermore they cant scan for the files they are kept client side. the addon also does not break the TOS in anyway so good luck justifying the ban. the same logic that would justify banning it would lead to every other addon that uses the api to be a bannable offense.

1 Like

You calling it a cheat addon doesn’t make it cheating, kiddo.

Bring something to the conversation other than you admitting you’re a bad rogue. The addon was “nerfed” and as evidence the forums are much quieter on the subject. Maybe you should play PvE or try getting better at PvP yourself instead of blaming your deaths on addons. Spy doesn’t automate anything. By your logic every addon you use is a cheat. That’s laughable logic.

Ahh so call them garbage and only have an addon as your reasoning. Are you even cut out for PvP?

Don’t use it. That’s YOUR choice. Like with every addon. It won’t be banned. If it is then you’ll be banned as well for using other addons. Similar addons existed in Vanilla. Garbage players such as yourself who scream about banning can be ignored in favor of people who think before posting on the subject. You don’t even understand how the addon works.

I’d love to see an actual thought out reply. Your type of posts is the vast majority of people upset over Spy. The handful of logical ones get drown out by the likes of yourself.

spy addon is only thing keeping this game from failing take that away and watch servers become ghost towns.

That won’t work. You need to actually break the API. Any other approach would allow for individuals with LUA or any other programming experience to create their own addons of this nature. Any addon under the public’s radar would slip by unchecked.

Dismissing this would be useful for a guy like me. Could you imagine if they banned Spy and I just used my own custom addon? Or if somebody took a harmless PvE addon and added some more code to make it have Spy-like functionality and hide it among the rest of the code? Imagine being Blizzard and having to go through all of that.

Says a 20 rogue who mains a caster :roll_eyes: