Spy Addon Needs to be Banned

Aren’t we talking about players like you downloading an out-of-game advantage over rogues? lmao???

I don’t use spy, I think it’s silly and ruins certain aspects of the game.

No, that just affects the camera.

/console SET CombatLogRangeParty "200"
/console SET CombatLogRangePartyPet "200"
/console SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayers "200"
/console SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayersPets "200"
/console SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayers "200"

I think this is the command from Vanilla, but I’m not sure if this is the exact syntax now.

So you’re just here to hate rogues?! smh!!!

1 Like

It’s because that whining undead rogue is simply a troll that needs to learn to play properly.

Then they see incorrectly. But, that’s their right I suppose.

Sounds like a personal problem.

No one can, in good faith, argue that it is against some mythical “spirit” of classic.

Except that it isn’t, but better to say nothing and remain ignorant than speak and prove it to everyone else.

Remind me, what was the reason for ClassicLFG’s functionality being broken?

1 Like

Easy to discern from the combat log spell/aura detected.

ESTIMATED based on spell/aura detected.

Either estimated or checked same way PvE health values are detected.

Location of detecting (NOT DETECTED) player at time of detection.

Please get your facts straight before trying to slam something you know nothing about.

1 Like

Because of some whiny neckbeards worried that they wouldn’t have control of who does what content anymore.

“learn to play” says the level 12 defending an addon that diminishes the biggest advantage rogues have

Gee, somehow I remember Blizzard’s reasoning reading a bit differently.

Nah, I don’t hate them, just pointing out they are bad at the game.

1 Like

Yup.

They may know a rogue is nearby, but that doesn’t mean they know exactly where you are. So you can’t wait to ambush them while they are at 30% health after fighting a mob. Boo hoo.

I really hope you’re trolling dude. Lmfao 10/10

This is why it is essentially a map hack. It shares those coords with your guild/raid and another addon could be used to parse that into coordinates on a map.

So its a map hack that hacks… yourself?

“Hey guys here are some automated coordinates of where I am!”
“…thanks?”

2 Likes

So does gatherer/gathermate/etc. One shows your location then the enemy ping happens, the other shows your location when you gather an ore/herb node.

Don’t tell them that Threat meters read their talents and damage and share that with the other people using the addon to establish a good threat hierarchy

4 Likes

I agree 100%

If Spy is a map hack then the game itself is a map hack.

Your actions show in my combat log no matter if you are behind a wall, in a building or underground. I know about you. I know what you are doing. The game is telling me.

You think the Combat Log is just a bunch of nonsense text I am not supposed to read. You think the Combat Log ins’t supposed to be used by AddOns. You are wrong.

I can target you if you are in range. I don’t need Spy. I just type ‘/target Xuwor.’ Walls, Trees, Rocks, Water, Earth will not stop you from being targeted.

You don’t like the game. You don’t like Classic. You want something different.

Then go play something different OR have fun here. Just stop whining.

2 Likes