Spy Addon Needs to be Banned

Spy doesn’t provide coordinates of other players. Nothing does. The API specifically protects that information.

You can only get coordinates of yourself, your party members, and your raid members. You can’t even get coordinates of friendly players who aren’t grouped with you.

2 Likes

Typical whiny rogue, complaining when you don’t understand how the addon even works.

SPY doesn’t broadcast the ROGUES coordinates, it broadcasts the PLAYERS. The person using SPY. A rogue was spotted close to me. It broadcasts MY location, not yours.

3 Likes

DUDE you’re wrong! I just installed it and and it indeed give Players level, Name, Coordinates, there health level and mana level.

Now your lying! It completely tells me 71x 64.1 y and i can run to thast location

Whiny Rogue? this addon nullifies are entire presence in the game.

Only if you’re bad. Good rogues still get the opener, you just don’t get to completely surprise someone and rely on their panic giving you the win.

2 Likes

It should not notify the player if I am already in stealth, if i was out of stealth im fine with it!

It doesn’t. The combat log doesn’t broadcast unless you enter or leave stealth. If you enter stealth far enough away before approaching SPY won’t announce you.

That said you’ll be super slow and you have to do it from pretty far away, bout 150 yards maybe?

1 Like

Fixed up your statement to be more representative of the actual situation. I still chuckle every time someone brings up the “omg muh stealth is nerfed” argument.

2 Likes

If your riding past someone and decide to attack them dismount and go stealth then chase them. Them having spy isn’t what gave you away. You can hear ppl go into stealth or move near you in stealth not to mention your not as invisible as you seem to think you are.

3 Likes

Meh, rogues by definition are bad.
If you need the advantage of stealth, you’re just a bad player.

1 Like

What? Are you seriously suggesting rogues shouldn’t be in stealth in pvp? Of course it’s part of the rotation in pvp… cheap shot garrote and ambush are all huge openers. It amazes me how far people will go to try and justify Spy.

1 Like

LOL these replies are absurd. Rogues wear leather you seriously just want them to walk around like warriors in the open? In pvp The entire class is designed around being stealth. Not understanding This actually makes you a bad player/rogue actually.

Lol, and casters walk around in cloth with no stealth…
what’s your point?
If you need stealth, you’re a bad player, period.
Of you just want to be a douche.

1 Like

Most caster have shields or pet or totems stealth is part of the rogue toolkit but if we go by your logic guess you would be a bad player for using Enrage or Charge or Hamstring…

Bad players relying on an addon to neuter the rogue’s biggest advantage calling rogues bad is hilarious.

They’re completely different classes, you moron. Stealth is a core mechanic to ONE class and ONE spec of another class. Rogues do need stealth. They’re kind of like, designed around it.

Potentially up to 200 yards, but that’s if the Spy player cranked their Combat Log range up to that level. It ends up making the Combat Log really spammy and if you have any other addons that read the log, your computer performance can tank rapidly.

Most folks are between 40-60 yards unless they are manually messing with it without use of an addon.

1 Like

I imagine most people running spy have decent computers and have the settings fairly high. It’s not like this 15 year old game is very demanding.

Yeah but the setting isn’t in your normal System settings, you have to type the command. A lot of addons are… very poorly optimized… to say the least, so even a good machine can get bogged down by the spam calls in a busy area.

1 Like

I may be a moron, but you’re terrible and need an advantage, don’t you?
You can’t engage in a fair fight, ever. Cause you’re bad.
Bad players who are scared pick rogues.

You mean /console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6 ?