Spy Addon Needs to be Banned

Except it’s not a map hack, it’s doing the same thing hundreds of other add ons do.

2 Likes

You’re a known troll and moron. Not worth a discussion

So basically you have no real argument :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Some rogues don’t want to get an opener… we want to wait for the horde to leave so we can keep farming in peace… but spy ruins that.

I downloaded spy last night to see what all the hoopla was about and I gotta say I agree that it should be removed. It gives players an unnatural advantage and because of how the addon works it has the potential to change the way you play the game.

I was running to Mara to farm a little when I first tried it out. Got to about 100 feet away from the meeting stone and I started picking up all of the people in the caves leading to the instance portals.

It’s not the same thing as watching combat log. This thing allows you to completely avoid that while it does it for you and super conveniently throws up notifications in the middle of the screen. I don’t know, I personally don’t think that’s very fair.

4 Likes

Rogues are built around Stealth entirely, Rogues can’t, heal, bearform, or do ranged attacks like you can. The entire class is built around Stealth and openings to stealth!.

That said I would hate this addon on any class, I think its super lame nobody should have an in game RADAR!

1 Like

or the opposite, it allows you to hunt players that are trying to not be seen! Its bad for the game and need to go.

1 Like

And the add on does not break stealth so what’s the problem?

A good rogue should be able to avoid being found while someone is actively looking for them.

2 Likes

If you lose a fight to a warlock/hunter and want revenge. You res and try to eat/drink behind a tree. It takes that player less than a second from the time you res to see your name in Spy and target you and send a pet after you. Doesn’t matter how clever you are with where you res or how you res, because even the dumbest player can click an add-on.

3 Likes

Anyone that needs an In Game radar is bad at the game! The premise that it notifies Who, Where, Level, Class, Health and Mana is to much!

This isn’t logging just combat damage, this is logging all my information and meta data while in game then compiling it and sending it as a RADAR for the player.

They limited Viewing Distance for a similar reason now you got a damn RADAR? no way needs to go!

Has nothing to do with Good/ Bad! My element for surprise is no longer because this RADAR unfairly submits my presence to the player as soon as i am in his RADAR range!

1 Like

There is short sightedness in your statement but don’t be offended for me pointing it out, I shared the same short sightedness as well.

I also looked at the addon from the victim side as far as usage went. I stopped using it a few days after starting as I felt it was entirely unnecessary and defeated fair game play within the game’s design. However as soon as phase 2 landed this addon is used by EVERYONE.

It is NOT being used against rogues or to reduce everone’s pvpness. Even ROGUES are using it and not just vs other rogues, it’s a victim detector. The addon has now become mandatory for everyone or you willl be at a disadvantage. This is why something should be done about the addon.

TL;DR you now have to use this addon or suffer a disadvantage.

It isn’t a map hack. You don’t get:

• Coordinates of enemy players
  • Present or updated locations pinned on a map
  • Visual modifications of where anyone is to stand out against the usual UI

What you get is:

• Pretty notifications when your default Combat Log notices an enemy
  • Coordinates of where you are presently

You goober trolls are the reason some poor underpaid customer support rep is getting flooded with form emails about how Spy is the end times based upon completely fabricated information.

Stop lying.

2 Likes

Why do you spell “Combat Log” like that?

1 Like

No a bunch of whiny rogues are making the same points. Points which don’t matter because spy is just the combat log in streamlined format. Blizzard literally CANNOT “ban” spy without breaking their own game.

Further they WON’T because they are on record stating it is perfectly fine. You can do everything spy does with the base UI except having it make a noise.

2 Likes

because the COMBAT LOG does not give;

CLASS
LEVEL
How much HP / MANA they have
Location Coordinates

No its not! it give coordinates! That is cheating entirely!

Show me where in the combat log it gives players coords?

You often meet Mages and Druids that can cast Stealth or Mortal Strike do you?

You often meet Warriors using Mortal Strike at lvl10 do you?

Spy doesn’t pull this information and can’t do so, it can only pull percentages which the Combat Log does provide. Once damage occurs that the Combat Log can see, a simple calculation is all that’s necessary to determine approximately the absolute values for Health. Mana is trickier because the Combat Log can’t see SpellID, but there are methods like Mana Burn to get these updated.

Your location is always available.

1 Like

Not to other players!