Spy Addon Needs to be Banned

Feel free to link me to the correct addon then :slight_smile:

1 Like

He is a certified troll. You could say milk is white, and he would argue.

1 Like

No, please link me to the add on that instantly shows everyone stealthed everywhere.

1 Like

It doesn’t show distance. It parses the combat log, and the combat log doesn’t provide distance. The addon literally cannot provide the thing you claim it does. Have you even tried it, or are you just another rogue complaining about it without actually knowing anything about it?

3 Likes

look at this image taken from the add on download page.
https://media.forgecdn.net/attachments/98/898/minimap1.jpg
It shows a distance

That’s the distance to the location of the friendly player whose combat log triggered the notification. It’s not the distance to the enemy player who performed the action. People have told you this in numerous other threads though and you refuse to listen, so I’m not going to continue arguing with you.

5 Likes

You said there was not distance logged. I provided that there was. But cool, take care, have a nice night.

I said there wasn’t distance, yes, but contextually in the post it’s very clear that I was talking about distance to the enemy player. You’re the most obvious troll I’ve ever seen on these forums, yikes. Bye.

4 Likes

If by providing facts is trolling, its probably good you leave.

1 Like

You wanted the classic experience…it was part of vanilla.

I kinda thought that too until it was showing me rogues inside houses inside Ironforge as I ran from place to place. It’s not overrated, it’s just really powerful.

And addons can really be as powerful as they want as long as they aren’t bots because Blizzard hasn’t banned any powerful addons in history with that logic.

The following addons are more powerful than Spy in Vanilla and all read from the combat log.

• Cast Bar Addons (Showing spell and approx remaining cast time)
  • Health Amount Addons
  • Cooldown Counting addons.
  • Opponent Cooldown Counters.
  • Deadly Boss Mods

If ANYONE runs any or all of these and you also want Spy to be banned, you are a hypocrite.

1 Like

full sub with ms enchant moves more than fast enough to catch people go watch pshero and argue with me then

This is an add-on that impacts OTHER players though in a way that many see as game breaking. All the add ons you listed do not do that.

Blizzard banned the LFG add on as it wasn’t classic and neither is this.

Imagine Warsong Gulch and you already know exactly what the enemy team is doing, who is about to run into the flag room or how many stealthies. This is straight broken and shouldn’t be a part of my classic experience.

4 Likes

The other addons do this too.

From your perspective it doesn’t because you are used to those advantages. This is the part where calling you a hypocrite is reinforced.

It’s pretty OP. It’s also OP to see what spells are being cast, what cooldowns are being used by the enemies and how much health everything has.

With that reasoning all of those other addons I listed are even more broken and should be banned for the same reason. No? Well you are a hypocrite.

2 Likes

I dont think you understand that the issue is how it impacts the game. We’re here to experience CLASSIC. Those other add ons were around then and this wasnt - at least not to this degree. It is ruining the experience we are here for.

1 Like

Completely agree, it has a severe negative effect on wpvp, especially for the underdog faction.

Break this thing already

This guy has been incessantly trolling since classic forums were implemented.

He’s a certifiable nut job on all topics.

1 Like

It does though by highlighting characters in targeting range. That’s pretty friggin significant.

Honestly it’s like removing charge from warriors through use of an add-on. Think about how fun that would be for you.

Because it doesn’t give enemy locations, it just notices people on your Combat Log.

It is essentially a map hack. Blizzard should make whatever tweaks necessary to break it, while minimizing collateral damage to other addons.