(Spoilers) The Night Elves' fate in Shadowlands

Fandom gate-keeping is really dumb and toxic, yeah.

4 Likes

People get sensitive about the things they enjoy getting dumped on constantly, I mean, who knew right?

6 Likes

There’s a difference between being sensitive about something (for whatever reason) and acting upon those feelings in a negative way.

1 Like

Well, depends on how you define “in a negative way”. Some people can’t handle any sort of feedback or even capable of having a civil conversation.

3 Likes

Oh no I actually drama in my stories what a evil thing to do

In this case I meant the specific ‘if you don’t like what I do, you don’t care and aren’t a fan’ gate-keeping.

Again,

if you liked the Night Elves getting nearly wiped out and sent to hell, their lands destroyed and some of their lands given to the Horde - then the Horde and Sylvanas being praised as heroes while Tyrande is getting painted as wrong for not trusting them, then dying in the expansion after that and having the ENTIRE revenge plot condensed into killing 1 Val’kyr then I really really don’t understand you. The Night Elves are basically treated as people that deserve to be wiped out and tortured because those that did it are heroes now for doing it. You really can’t tell me that you’re a fan of that - besides of course if you like bad things to happen to the race.
Oh also, genocide against innocents in a war you started is portrayed as right and heroic because they’re Night Elves.

11 Likes

They arent destoried

nothing was giving.

its continuing in shadowlands

Gate keeping isn’t a thing… If you declare yourself a fan of something, and consistently try make it something else… You’re not a fan.

Likewise, if you declare yourself a nelf fan, but you want to disregard everything that sets them apart from the rest of the Alliance, you want to don them in blue and gold, and kill culture defining characters, and prop up the human potential mouth piece character… Then you are not a nelf fan, you are a purple human fan.

Which is the toxic part of the fandom. Because you do not like the fandom for what it is, you want to take the fandom and make it what you want it to be, ruining it for everyone else.

7 Likes

no major nelf is dead

nothing is disregard, nelf culture is the same as it was in wc3

I don’t care about your ill informed opinion, Kat.

1 Like

literally you get called out by the druid man all day every day about how wrong you are in the lore
and he always puts sources

Lol, the druid man?

Is that a super hero? What the hell?

Amadis of course

Amadis and I agree on more than we disagree… And on the things we disagree on, it’s mostly the areas where the lore is not properly defined.

The issue I have with him is he can be dishonest when the lore doesn’t support him. He will post a long winded quote and claim it supports his argument, in hopes that you don’t actually read it and realize that it’s just some random, vaguely associated excerpt.

But on most major lore takes, we tend to agree, and tend to disagree with you. So its funny you, of all people, bring him up. lol.

ironic he could stop others from dying but not himself

1 Like

That’s not the quote.

Teldrassil is not destroyed? Did I read that correctly? Oh and basically all towns in Darkshore and some in Ashenvale? hm?

We have Ashenvale and Azshara now given to the Horde.

No it’s not. In Shadowlands we have a story about Tyrande struggling with her powers and potentially losing them or dying. That has nothing to do with a revenge plot - again they confirmed that 8.1 was appropriate revenge for Teldrassil in their eyes and that this was all.

If not, give me a source where they take that statement back (hint: there is none because they never took it back)

They said that Tyrande’s story is continuing into Shadowlands which held true with that Night Warrior struggle thing, but it has nothing to do with justice, revenge, or a satisfying conculsion.

4 Likes

only part of her story

If she loses her powers or dies it’s obvious that she won’t stand a single chance against Sylvanas. I mean she could barely even handle Nathanos until Malfurion came during the Night Elf revenge plot

Anyway let me ask you this right now and I’ll bookmark this post: What will you do after they redeemed Nathanos and Sylvanas? Will you defend that too? Without revenge or a conclusion for Night Elves or anything (the way it’s going to happen, Tyrande even potentially dying and those night elf souls getting destroyed)

5 Likes