(Spoilers) The Night Elves' fate in Shadowlands

Are you sure she was capable of those things before? I don’t remember Tyrande using all that darkness before. Would anyone even notice her power being boosted if she was already powerful? It seems like people wanted more anime injected into Warcraft.

It’s not like we have a stat sheet for Tyrande with her newly acquired powers.

1 Like

The underwhelmin’ performance of the Night Warrior is a symptom caused by the power vacuum Blizzard has left between the Horde and Alliance. The Alliance has all these superhero level characters with god-like powers and the Horde has… had Sylvanas?.. and… that’s kind of it.

Thrall lost his shaman powers, Vol’jin got ganked by Felguard #14623, and all we saw of Talanji so far is Rezan made her boat move a lil’ faster. The Horde doesn’t really have anyone left.

I’m honestly tired of these superhero characters anyway. I could not care less what Anduin or Jaina or Thrall or Saurfang feel and think ‘bout events. I liked it better back in the old days when the faction leaders just sat in their cities and did nothin’ while we, the heroes and champions, did the fun stuff.

5 Likes

and people dont want that either, judging how people hate how nzoth died

I think it was more that N’Zoth’s defeat was a lazy copy+past of Return of the King than anythin’.

10 Likes

in wc3 tyrande destroyed an entire armee of the scourge and a bridge,

in stormrage she killed solo a half of a giant sartyr-armee

so yes, she was capable. And thats the reason about the complains, its feels like an nerf, instead of an buff.

11 Likes

Looks more like to me that the challenge you have as the Hero is to prove the accepted wisdom wrong and save her.

This will probably be the case.

Though I doubt Tyrande would remain dead if she were to actually die (especially in this expansion).

If Tyrande does die, it better be the Tony Stark way. And it better result in Sylvanas and/or Nathanos dying too. Painfully.

2 Likes

That is going to be weirdly awkward with Horde characters.

Then again one of my favorite lines from Legion is when your saving the Exodar with a Warlock and your allies turn up to help and Velen says ‘well this is awkward’.

3 Likes

Honestly, and I say this as someone who mostly plays Alliance, I really hope Tyrande DOES die. Alliance leadership could use a bit of a shake up, and Shandris taking over could be a nice change of pace. Move the refugees into that patch of forest behind the Mage District and bam.

That’s exactly what’s wrong with the Alliance.

We don’t need more Anduin puppets, and we don’t need Stormwind to be the capital city for every race

13 Likes

We also need less of a human driven narrative, though. Much though I prefer Stormwind’s layout, something Org does well is strongly show off the diversity of the Horde, so Blizz working towards similar with the Alliance would be a nice first step. And I’d hardly call Shandris his puppet, she’s just not gone off to crazy town the same way Tryandae has lately. Further, she’s a character that players have gotten to know well over the course of the game, so her cool headed military expertise could lead to some interesting interplay alongside the hot blooded Genn.

1 Like

You clearly are not at all in touch with what Nelf fans want and shouldn’t try to speak for us. Nelf fans don’t want the forest behind the Mage quarter. We don’t want BfA Shandris who’s been ruined and twisted into a mouthpiece for Human Potential. Someone who will sing the praise of a joke character from Redridge while standing before the still warm dead bodies of her own Sentinels.

14 Likes

I dunno, she seems like the only sane leader left in the Alliance.

Lol, what, you thought you get brownie points on your opinion of a character because you belong to said faction?

These disclaimers are hilarious: I say this as someone who plays Alliance/Horde/night elf/Forsaken.

Pathetic.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t quite characterise it that way. It was more of a gesture of sympathy towards someone who 1. has demonstrated an unhealthy fascination with night elves to the point of self-deprecation and 2. is obviously suffering from survivor’s guilt.

Keeshan was ironically the only character they wrote to be smart enough to understand he’s worth less than dirt.

He’s a trashy rambo reference and they ruined Shandris’ character to try and prop him up as something important because Human Potential.

2 Likes

I wouldnt go that far, not yet at least, i thought its just an interaction between characters that give them some personality. Plus craving human potential is windrunner tradition, not nelf tradition.

Shandris proceeds to be used a mouthpiece for propping up Umbric as someone that matters and then she turns on Tyrande in Stormwind and sides with Anduin. It’s the ruination of Shandris.

There’s 0 reason Shandris should care about Keeshan to the point that she wants his SI:7 file. His accomplishment is being a shirtless moron in Redridge Mountains.

But I would expect someone who benefits from the Humans front and center always narrative to understand that.

1 Like

This is your opinion and i disagree.

You were talking specifically about the interaction with keeshan and i commented on it, nothing more so i dont see any need to talk about what happened in stormwind or about umbric.

Because that jab to the windrunners doesnt imply im tired of the human potential, you imply im not a night elf fan because of my avatar, however you are very mistaken.

2 Likes

Syaeles is the classic demonstration of a fan mindset. I prefer a more balanced attitude as far as the things I enjoy. She and others have accused me of not being a “night elf fan” To which I answer… Guilty as charged.

5 Likes