(Spoilers) The Night Elves' fate in Shadowlands

You can!? Does that mean I can too?

Edit: Well I could, but now I can’t. After posting this it logged me out of my account, probably because I went too long without posting. When I logged back in I could no longer post. If only I just kept posting all this time instead of just assuming I couldn’t when my game time expired! I can still edit this post, at least.

Hi SF! I miss you more than the actual game. The lurking life is frustrating.

2 Likes

It would seem so.

I want to make a night elf mage so bad so I can be Highborns in the Alliance instead of a Nightborne but I don’t wanna play a race that gets crapped on as a matter of habit. It’s discouraging not to have a city, to know that 95% of your race is dead, and that your leader is on the verge of abandoning the Alliance and for good reason.

Of course they were. Sylvannas is the instigator, so yes she knew that there would be a war and that Lordaeron was going to be one of the fields of battle. What the Alliance underestimated however was her willingness to kill her own troops.

1 Like

The Horde, too. RIP.

Yeah, the Forsaken made the Blight. I don’t consider that to be the same as saying they “did the heavy lifting.”

Like I said, it’s the difference between an expected an an unexpected attack. The Siege of Lordaeron scenario starts with the Horde armies already in place (and the civilians being evacuated from Undercity). We don’t know how long it took to get organized and get them there. On the Alliance side, the armies had already been diverted elsewhere, so there was an extra step needed to get them to Teldrassil, and they wouldn’t be able to even start moving them until the attacks were already underway.

It’s not a great explanation, because I think if Blizzard had wanted to tell the story of Alliance troops heroically showing up just in time to save Teldrassil, they would totally have handwaved that whole aspect. But it’s something.

3 Likes

Remember the war of the ancients and the near destruction of the world? Azerite memebrrs.

They do in a narrative sense.

Only if you’re describing in a narrative sense the big con game that their religious establishment has been pulling on us all since the dawn of time.

I mean, regardless if you believe in God or not, he exists in a piece of Literature. In that literature and in all other literature about Gods, there are constant truths in place.

You really dislike me so much that you really want to spark a religious debate in a Video Game forum?

I mean, really, you respond to every single post I make… Take a step back and breath. I shouldn’t be this important in your life.

When you’re self isolating you find your amusement when you can.

My or your belief in a piece of fiction doesn’t change it’s fictional nature.

And again you trying to take this discussion to a personal level is yet another attempt at diversion.

Kind of like Warcraft… We are all talking about fiction here.

Diversion from what? lol

Now you know what it’s like to play a Blood Elf. I have four Night Elf characters. I don’t plan on abandoning any of them.

1 Like

Rofl.
Not even close.

Arlessa.

All this discussion proves that they were right. If Astranaar had been turned into a parking lot by the Horde there would have not been a tenth of the posts we’ve seen about Teldrassil

This discussion really doesn’t prove that at all. Maybe you think it’s cool, because you’re barely invested, but the rest of us don’t. I talk about War of Thorns a lot with other people and I can assure you non of us thought it was cool.

4 Likes

The only people who enjoyed War of Thorns were the Horde players who got off on trolling Alliance players.

3 Likes

Trolls had a field day…

Hi there. Do you happen to have a discord?

1 Like

I hated the War of Thorns. As soon as it started I knew we were launching a German WWII style offensive against the night elves. I was playing it on my Nightborne Warlock and it just felt wrong to march through the forest murdering my relatives for no reason at all. None. And THEN the burning and I knew this expansion was gonna be dreadful. And hey I was right!

10 Likes