[Spoilers] The Burning of Teldrassil is being ignored and hidden from new players

I don’t even want to make this long, just show you this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/309015474811830274/702677632617283634/af5b99d2807dae24d6ac30ab1287cceb.png

All references to Teldrassil have been removed from the game, the revenge plotline has been condensed into 8.1 and reduced to killing 1 Val’kyr to be quickly forgotten about.

The Horde’s and Sylvanas’ crimes have been whitewashed. The forsaken are now described as noble protectors of the living. Those forsaken that specifically killed all the civilians in the war or thorns, those that yelled “Death to the scourge, and death to the living
Even in the Alliance nobody remembers or references Teldrassil anymore.

Seems like all the complaints from Night Elf fans simply weren’t enough to reach Blizzard - seems like they really really want people to forget about Teldrassil.
I personally made many threads hoping to bring the Teldrassil issue to their attention - but seems like it was all in vain since in the end, it’s going to be ignored and never concluded beyond 8.1 anyway.

Now I just wonder - can we consider it to be retconned or do Night Elf fans still have to live with all the negative effects from that event? I assume it’s the second.
Such a tragic event with Teldrassil burning down and so many innocents dying painfully just ignored. No revenge, no justice, no conclusion, nothing. Just ignored and forgotten about.

Let me just say this to the writers from Blizzard: You are horrible. You have destroyed everything people loved about the game. You are allowed to dislike a specific race, but being this hateful towards their fanbase and destroying the things they like just makes you disgusting human beings. I hope one day, others will take your place and repair all the damage you have caused since obviously, you’d rather ignore things like Teldrassil instead of stepping up to your own writing. Absolutely disgusting.
Atleast retcon it entirely instead of just pretending that it never happened. If you can’t accept your own writing, there’s no reason to punish the fanbase for it. Just retcon the burning of teldrassil and say that most night elves survived and that most of the Horde didn’t participate or anything - but just ignoring it is very very disrespectful considering that YOU wrote it.

That’s all. Just wanted to get this out. If you want, leave a comment for visibility so more people can see this thread…

65 Likes

So basically we are going to just sweep it under the rug?
And let me guess. Slyvanas rejoins the Horde, and we just forget that she genocided the elves… Mhm okay Blizzard. Greeeeat plan.

37 Likes

No one cares, stop trying to find reasons to be mad.

If you hated the story in BFA, this is a good thing, right? It’s vindication that shows you were right all along.

All of these threads are just the same three people faking outrage. Stop it.

20 Likes

Seems like that’s the plan since her crimes have been whitewashed.

1 Like

Blizzard when someone asks if the burning of Teldrassil happened:

30 Likes

F.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not worse than the warchief extravaganza we had before for the Horde. It’s not ignored basicly, like your picture say the forsaken got over it, not even all of them agreed with Sylvanas.

Moreover, the plot got tied with reclaiming Darkshore. That’s it, you might be unsatisfied with how they did it, but it’s not ignored.

I like how you, a random player is still trying to keep the fight alive saying “no one cares”.

Keep going. One day you will find your win. :smiley:

23 Likes

Alpha.

1 Like

I don’t need to quit the game. I have an active sub. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, so your outrage is fake. Got it!

3 Likes

I feel sad you are fighting a losing battle but you’re Horde. You should probably be used to getting carried by actual better players.

8 Likes

I think you’re going a little overboard here…

6 Likes

Yes, my 110 hunter is really telling of what I play, nice deduction, sherlock.

It’s always a losing battle on these forums, it’s literally filled with people like you who spam post for 4 hours about nothing, just to hear yourself whine.

4 Likes

It’s elementary dear Watson.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Aah what was it? “Quit the game”?

3 Likes

Blizzard Writing Team - “How do we fix the horrible mess we created lore wise and sh%% all over an entire race”

“F IT LETS JUST DELETE ALL STUFF RELATED TO IT LOLOLOLOL FORSAKEN PROTECT LIVING”

23 Likes

Da Forsaken liv

And Da Forsaken Protecccc

1 Like

Conserving living entity in jars could be seen as protecting the living. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s just a matter of perspective, you guys are making a awful lot of noises about this. And so, not all forsaken were pro-Sylvanas, she was a tyrant and killed people that disagreed with here. Some even care about their old familily like shown in the book Before the Storm. They’re not all psychopaths.

2 Likes

You are grossly misreading that bit of information.

Christ… This is why we can’t have nice things.

Have you considered that the outrage you’re being fed by the same people who get mad about literally everything that happens in this game (either story or development) is overblown? And that it’s obviously nothing personal? The burning of Teldrassil was hardly mentioned within BFA itself. It was the set-up to the expansion and the impetus for one of the warzones, but that’s about it.

8 Likes