[Spoilers] Burning of Teldrassil ignored

Not much to say here:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/309015474811830274/702677632617283634/af5b99d2807dae24d6ac30ab1287cceb.png

All references to Teldrassil have been removed from the game, the revenge plotline has been condensed into 8.1 and reduced to killing 1 Val’kyr to be quickly forgotten about.

The Horde’s and even Sylvanas’ crimes have been completely whitewashed. The forsaken are now described as noble protectors of the living. Those forsaken that specifically killed all the civilians in the war or thorns, those that yelled “Death to the scourge, and death to the living
Even in the Alliance nobody remembers or references Teldrassil anymore.

I guess that’s the point where I should give up with everything. Me and many others made many posts on different platforms trying to reach Blizzard, trying to get a conclusion for Teldrassil - to not let them just ignore it … but it seems like it was all in vain. It either didn’t reach Blizzard or more likely - they simply don’t care.

Deep inside I had accepted the fact that Teldrassil was going to be ignored long ago, but I still had a little hope that maybe I was wrong - well guess not.

The sad part is that it’s not even retconned so Night Elf players still have to live with those devastating losses from Teldrassil and the fact that all is going to be ignored. Even the fact that basically Sylvanas has been absolved of her crimes at Teldrassil.
Well, I guess it really is just that simple - not that I’m surprised, but very very disgusted.

If any writer at Blizzard ever reads this: You are horrible. You have destroyed everything people loved about the game. You are allowed to dislike a specific race, but being this hateful towards their fanbase and destroying things people loved just makes you disgusting human beings. I hope one day, others will take your place and repair all the damage you have caused since obviously, you’d rather ignore things like Teldrassil instead of stepping up to your own writing. Absolutely disgusting.

That’s all from me. Just wanted to get it out. Also probably the last topic from me since well… all my efforts turned out to be pointless.

Edit: GD - Thread in case anyone is interested or wants to comment anything

19 Likes

We already have a thread about this.

16 Likes

Still wanted to get it out since it’s probably the last post I will make considering that everything I have posted in the past was pointless.

That said, I know what’s coming my way.

4 Likes

don’t mind me, just grabbing my popcorn before the show starts

12 Likes

The writers are not going to read this. It is better to tweet them or mail them.

Everything you said could’ve gone in the other thread.

5 Likes

Wrong, the intro for NEW players was changed if you are a old player you do everything like how it is today

5 Likes

It does seem that way when you couple it with the new Horde race intros, especially the Forsaken one.

1 Like

I’ll believe it when I see it.

2 Likes

“How dare the Horde playerbase be allowed to move on!”

3 Likes

Come on that Forsaken one is nonsense. They’ve never protected anyone.

13 Likes

I feel like the sentiment is good and fine (and I agree with it, going forward), but having it straight up stated stated like that in their intro is a bit silly.

Shadowlands is definitely the start of the forsaken being properly embedded into the Horde as a people, but lord above this is a ratty start.

7 Likes

On the one hand, I think it’s good that the Horde won’t be all about BFA for the next few years, it would have been a punishment for things that players can’t do anything about, but on the other hand, the way Blizzard is going is a slap in the face for consistency and for the night elves that are just being played down now. I can understand anyone being angry about that.

3 Likes

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Leonid_Barthalomew
The Forsaken have never been damned to be pure evil.

Forsaken != Undead.

2 Likes

???
The forsaken are a group, sure. But Leonid was Forsaken. He chose to be a hero. Undead tend to be knaves because their souls are attached wrong, but that doesn’t preclude the idea of not being a horse’s backside.

1 Like

No Leonid is an Undead who chose to join the Argent Dawn and actually do some good while his brethren in the Forsaken gleefully revelled in their depravity. So did an alchemist if I remember right.

7 Likes

He was freed by the Banshee Queen Sylvanas Windrunner, but has been loyal to the cause of the Argent Dawn.[3]

1 Like

So not a Forsaken.

3 Likes

Forsaken are specifically freed by Sylvanas, my dude.

2 Likes

fixed it good

3 Likes