* Spoilers* Sylvanas dialogue redemption?

Now, the question is, with or without the spinal cord still attached?

But that’s not how Revendreth works, right? He is only interested in the possibility of “correct” behavior, even if the deceased did not meet the standard at all.
Like that empress who killed several planets, “the only benefactor is accidental.” No?

1 Like

Uther’s line is “Sylvanas held the mourneblade that bound him. Her presence may help free Anduin from the Jailer’s grasp.” I interpret that as possibly meaning that Uther thinks her physical presence itself might be helpful, not that there’s some sort of magical link between her and the blade, since we’ve seen no evidence of such a link. You are free to disagree with my interpretation of the language, I’ve already admitted that I’m merely speculating. That’s what I do. I find it fun. I won’t be offended if my speculation turns out to be wrong. You, on the other hand, seem to have taken offense that I dare speculate about a video game character’s motivations for fun. I intend no offense towards you. You are not obligated to agree with me.

This, however, I do find offensive. Don’t patronize me.

1 Like

go back to azeroth lmao. you think that the entire alliance won’t be gunning for her head and if she does rejoin the horde. That is ample reason for the alliance to resume the attack.

2 Likes

Umm… if the thousand or so night elves that died at Teldrassil made up the majority of the night elf race then they were already nearly extinct when that happened. I’m thinking quite the opposite is true.

1 Like

That might be the logical thing to do, sure. But when has the Alliance done the logical thing regarding the Horde?

Realistically, if Blue-Eyed Merged Sylvanas came back, some Alliance leader will make an empty threat about watching her and ending her if she gets out of line, and that’s the end of it.

I mean, come on. Two multiple continent-consuming wars, and all the Horde’s ever had to do is point to a single person and say “their fault, not us” and the Alliance has been all “oh, ok, cool.” This would be no different.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but you are so beyond freaking irrational and wrong when you say things like this. To compare the lawsuit to the SL story as far as the storyline of the night elves in SL goes is beyond ridiculous. Its a game. A game about war. You’re not guaranteed to have no bad thing happen to your precious favorite playable race in game. Blood elves are my favorite race and yet Arthas is my favorite character in the story despite what he did to them at Silvermoon.

Can we seriously stop taking WoWheads theories as gospel please.

5 Likes

Well no.

But in an RPG game where each race is introduced in a specific way, that is the foundation for a player’s choice of race and fantasy therein, you do have the expectation to not have your Magical Circle broken by the game.

Burning Teldrassil and Blighting Undercity broke the Magic Circle for Forsaken and Night Elf players.

The devs have expressed they do not why players reacted this way, which is a problem, and is in fact confusing itself. What do you mean you didn’t understand? Why do the devs think a substantial part of the players are attached to this game?

12 Likes

Do you have the source on that?
I don’t think I have ever heard Danuser express doubt, confusion or any self criticism. Everything I have read and heard seems to express the man is just over the moon with his work and how brilliant it is.

1 Like

I do recall the dev’s “being surprised at the reaction”, but I took that more to mean they either underestimated how viscerally people would react, or they had an entirely different expectation.

2 Likes

I recall their takeaway during BfA was that “players are really passionate about the story.” Then we were told to wait and see some more, that it would all pay off and make sense. Of course it didn’t. Two expansions of character ruination and deadend arcs all building up to “I will never serve!”

8 Likes

I mean yeah, it was they underestimated the reaction, but that means they’re out of touch imo

6 Likes

It wasn’t broken for me, someone who plays both night elf and undead characters. And that “magical circle” wasn’t broken because UC was blighted or Teldrassil was burned. The lore of undead and night elves goes far beyond those 2 places and any rational player of those races knows that. I actually love it when big things like this happen in the story because it means the story is about to go forward in a big way. Never once have I felt the end or that “magic circle” of any of the races I play was ever met or broken for any event that has happened in the story and I’ve been playing this game for over 16 years. I’ve been through it all.

2 Likes

That was actually a very big moment for Sylvanas and anyone who knows her character well going back to WC 3 knows it. The fact they through in Arthas’ lich king voice after the jailer said it was awesome because it was her most haunting thought. Sylvanas also never intended or knew she would serve the jailer in his reality. In fact she was convinced it was going to be a reality that was fair and just for all so it goes to show how much the jailer had her convinced otherwise. She was working with the jailer and not so much serving him because of her goal.

Good for you. Would you like a gold star? Will your continued involvement make up for the many players who have left due to a failure of story, systems, or content?

Many evidently disagree and there’s multiple articles on the matter from news sites. This response is kinda meaningless lol

8 Likes

its not meaningless. Because for everyone who is dissatisfied, there are plenty who are enjoying the game. You have a real bad habit of dismissing opinions that don’t align with yours baal

5 Likes

They were certainly confused why people reacted poorly to burning Teldrassil. Which I think comes down to the fact most of them are Horde players. They lacked any sentimental attachment to the place, so for them it was just another mostly abandoned zone.

really, they meant to spark faction pride but they so fundamentally misunderstood how player psychology works they super missed the mark. This is what happens when you work in a bubble.

9 Likes

“It was the Jailer all along!” is a lazy and failed attempt to shortcut current story and characters into unearned relevance. Forcing Sylvanas to shelf her cunning identity in favor of an emotionally unstable crazy lady with a childishly myopic perspective on events surrounding her was not a huge character moment, it was just more one-liner delivery in a long line falling flat on its face. Worse still, multiple characters were destroyed and an entire faction and playable race figuratively dumped on to make it happen.

16 Likes

I was talking about 2 specific events, neither of which made playing an undead or night elf any less meaningful. By the way, no one quit over that. And we weren’t talking about systems or content here, were we? You can keep that shiny gold star. You seem to need it way more than I do.

1 Like