* Spoilers* Sylvanas dialogue redemption?

But they were not obliterated. Its like you think if you say something enough times it will be true. It is really annoying. And Sylvanas is facing Justice. At the end of 9.2 she is facing the Arbiter to be sentenced to her justly deserved afterlife.

1 Like

It’s neither knowledge nor did I suggest it. Your suggestion was that her presence would anger him when that had nothing to do with the previous sentence and yet you keep insisting it is. Uther said she held the blade meaning that there could be a link between her and the blade as she has a link to domination magic as that is the new powers the jailer gave her that she has been using. Nothing at all in what Uther said suggested that Anduin would react to her presence. Uther was 100% saying that because she held the blade, her presence could help. Stop fishing for things that aren’t there.

lol what? There are in fact still night elves. I guess you’ve been listening to the people who keep suggesting she committed genocide.

Oh look, another forum troll crawling out of their cave

Justice is not the same thing as vengence.

Tyrande was denied vengence not justice.

If Sylvanas deserves justice for the actions of Arthas. Tyrande deserves justice for what Sylvanas did to her and her people…

But I have a feeling my idea of justice and your idea of justice will be wildly different. (Partly because we’ve disagreed on this topic many times before)

I want Sylvanas to have a shot to destroy Arthas and then realize that she doesn’t need to do anything. She’s finally free of him and her desire for vengence and moving on will be her justice… but getting to that point took YEARS.

would you accept the same justice for Tyrande? Spend years chasing vengence, being denied, being villianized and finally getting to walk away. Not “forgive” just walk away, possibly empty handed. (What’s happening to Tyrande is so easy there must be favoritism at play. Sylvanas never got to choose her people. That choice was always stolen from her, in WC3 and in Stormhiem.)

3 Likes

This has been a major theme of this expansion. It was Uther’s entire arc. Justice in this case is having the Arbiter send Sylvanas to where she belongs.

1 Like

And where does she belong?

Bastion? She’s devoted enough, she was devoted to Quel’thalas.

Ardenweald seems the most natural for someone literally named “of the forest” it was hinted in the Fairytales book that’s where she should have gone.

She would earn lots of glory in Maldraxxus, no doubt about it. It would be the most at “home” for her and her Forsaken.

Maybe Revendreth? Although that seems like wishful thinking for her haters.

Nah, she’s going back to Azeroth once this is all finished. You’d be setting youself up for dissapointment if you think she’s staying in Shadowlands.

1 Like

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Maybe phrase it as a test for Sylvanas- does she actually want justice, or revenge? She doesn’t want to get punished for what she did as a patsy for Zovaal? Then neither does he. If it turns out she just wants herself to be off the hook, her soul falls into an open sewer and dies.

1 Like

Nope, she was denied justice against the abusers of her people that inflicted unending misery upon them.

Tyrande deserves justice against Sylvanas no less than Sylvanas deserves justice against Arthas.
Sylvanas even did the exact same thing to Delaryn Summermoon that Arthas did to her.

Also, you’re then suggesting for Arthas to be able to get away and thrive, which he can’t since he was sent to the maw.

If the Night Elf souls were saved instead of destroyed and Sylvanas helped saving them, then she could go to Revendreth.

Since her victims were all obliterated in the maw instead (and her plotting all of this), she doesn’t deserve a better fate than those she wronged.

4 Likes

i mean that isnt up to anyone but the Arbiter. I personally after a lot of internal debate would like to see her sentenced to a very, very long period of mandatory duty in Maldraxxus. Let her serve as a defender for the thing she sought to destroy.

eh, a stint in Revendreth first to see how sorry she actually is.

3 Likes

I am fine with that, but I think she should have to serve for a long time before she is allowed the freedom to go somewhere nicer.

If you have the right mindset, Maldraxxus, aesthetics aside, can be quite nice.

I think you both are gonna be dissapointed.

I’m not saying this in a mean way, just she’s too popular to have her not come back to lead the Forsaken. The Forsaken players have spoken on every platform asking for Sylvanas back and Danuser implied in many of his interviews Sylvanas (and her drama) are here to stay.

Oh Ethel, you crazy, mixed up, projecting kid.

7 Likes

I mean more specifically Sylvanas as a character, as opposed to the lawsuit. She was essentially one of, if not the most, popular character in Warcraft for a long time. Coupled with what was, at the time, a moderately unique take on undead, Blizzard essentially had a golden ticket.

And from Cataclysm onward they just entirely eroded that character’s appeal. So I suppose I mean more from a writing perspective spanning the last decade.

1 Like

“Look a golden goose!”
“Let’s kill it and harvest the one or two eggs currently inside it for short-term profit!”
“Truly, our foresight knows no bounds!”

6 Likes

“Let’s kill it and eat the meat now, rather than sell one of the eggs tomorrow for a feast!”

That’s more like it.

1 Like

Popularity means nothing. Most of the main cast of characters we currently have are unpopular and have been narratively pushed since Cataclysm. Sylvanas has been put in the spotlight for so long that there’s no way she can stay in the story without continuing to hog it. Sylvanas is probably going to be sent to a realm that doesn’t exist yet and she’ll get to happily spend her afterlife there. Maybe perhaps something similar to Illidan.

I agree.

3 Likes