* Spoilers* Sylvanas dialogue redemption?

The horde itelf kinda did this with sylvanas loyalists being locked up at the end of BFA. Would a poisoner transfer be good perhaps?

I’d not mind seeing Belmont’s head roll.

2 Likes

No. Remember how I said that the Night Elves were almost extinct and everyone said I was wrong up until Danuser confirmed it in an interview recently?

Or when I said that the Night Elf souls were going to be obliterated, or that Sylvanas and the Horde would get away without facing any punishment?

People kept saying that I was wrong for saying that, and now we have confirmation for everything, and yet you still say that I’m somehow exaggerating.

They realize they messed up? By letting the Night Elves get obliterated in the maw instead of letting us save them? By making Tyrande lose to Sylvanas again in Ardenweald? By Sylvanas getting away with her crimes? By confirming that the Night Elves are nearly extinct instead of moving away from that? Wait until they also let Nathanos get out of the maw while the entire Night Elf race was tortured into oblivion instead.
If anything, they doubled down on their unending misery.

Whatever it is. It has to be done by the NEs themselves.
Maybe have Maeiv and her order imprison the higher rank officers into their crystal prisons.

Maybe have everyone on that beach get the axe. Whoever they were.
We have to forgive the other Horde characters because if we really wanted justice then pretty much the entire Horde cast of characters from A to Z would have to be killed for their complicit actions.

Players get forgiven for saving the souls.

1 Like

Ethriel, you have always wanted instant gratification, and you refuse to accept that this is an ongoing story.

1 Like

I will fight anyone and everyone that goes near him.

3 Likes

The Night Elves’ downfall has been going on and getting worse for 4 years now.

Now the only thing left of the race is a handful of survivors that will never see justice done and some soul dust for the jailer. There’s no coming back from having their souls obliterated.
This is where they doubled down in Shadowlands to ensure that there’s no hope left for the race or its players.

but… but we are saving them. literally every week we save more.

Tyrande didn’t loose, really. She was not thinking straight anymore as she was entirely consumed with rage. All Elune did was make sure Tyrande realized what was actually at stake. It was like one of those “are you sure” dialog messages on your pc. That’s the problem with supernatural patrons, sometimes they dont let you do whatever you want.

Sylvanas has been powered down and is a prisoner. Tyrande is a stable avatar of Elune’s true power as Mother Moon. Out of the two one seems to be coming out better.

3 Likes

I mean… dude… what would have been so wrong to just have Tyrande do this to Sylvanas?
She has the shoulders for it.

Like just once. Just for once have someone spank her a little bit for being such an evil person.
Why do we have to contrive a situation where Elune abandons her, rage is bad, anger is bad, revenge is bad, renewal and all that garbage?

7 Likes

How many times do people have to point out that you are dead wrong.

It’s going to take time for the NE’s to rebuild. Danuser said they were “nearly wiped out” that is different than “wiped out.” You really have poor comprehension of English, nor are you able to read between the lines. We have been rescuing Night Elf souls from the Maw for months. As calculated above, we’ve rescued hundreds of NE souls. The NE’s personal Goddess promised them renewal.

The NE are well on their way to be restored as a people, you just have to be patient and wait.

2 Likes

half the issue for me at least is that it’s an ongoing BAD story

THAT’S WHAT THEY’VE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF EXPANSIONS AND THIS IS THE RESULT!!!

12 Likes

In 9.1 the souls were still gone and no efforts were made to free more of them. In 9.2 (which is the last patch) there is nothing night elf related at all, nothing about their souls or anything at all.

Nope, Elune straight up depowered Tyrande and took away her opportunity of achieving justice for her people. Then she forced the choice of renewal upon her which actually only means accepting the injustice done to them and forgiving Sylvanas and the Horde.
There is no actual renewal at all, since again their souls are gone forever and Elune is also doing nothing.

Doesn’t matter when Tyrande has nobody left to protect anymore with those “powers”.

That is “nearly extinct”, as I said many many times.

No, Tyrande had to choose renewal because renewal means forgiving their abusers and not actually getting anything that could be renewal related.

Their souls are obliterated and there is nothing in 9.1 and 9.2 that would suggest differently.
Anyway, why am I even arguing with someone that actually likes the current treatment of the night elves and makes fun of it, that feels pointless.

No. I mean a actual clean slate Skarm. This story supposedly ties all the way back to WC 3. When I say a clean slate, I mean that. Zero ties to old lore

Nearly.

Do you know what “nearly” implies?

Almost. They were almost wiped out, but they were not. Therefore they are not wiped out. They are still around.

Nearly exitinct is not the same as extinct. Many WoW races have come back from nearly extinct.

3 Likes

So are we in CR territory or EW?
https://cdn.britannica.com/60/132360-050-3FCC0376/species-one-IUCN-conservation-status-categories.jpg

I said nearly extinct.

1 Like

That is entirely your own interpretation.

I may have an entirely biased reading of events too but my reading is:

Vengence would have killed Tyrande. Elune gave her the choice, follow the path of vengence, kill Sylvanas and die in the process, or give up vengence and choose to help her people rebuild.

Tyrande choose her people over vengence. Isn’t that a “good” thing? For Tyrande and the NE?

2 Likes

If Sylvanas was presented with the same choices regarding Arthas. Which one would you pick?

1 Like

She would choose her people too.

Tyrande and Sylvanas are mirror characters.

Sylvanas doesn’t have to forgive Arthas and Tyrande doesn’t have to forgive Sylvanas.

But this story has said many times that Vengence is bad. Justice is better.

So Sylvanas would let Arthas be free? Let him wander around Azeroth and do what he wants?
Alright, if you are consistent on this then I can respect that.

5 Likes
  1. Renewal doesn’t make the Night Elves ineligible for justice
  2. In order for there to be renewal, there need to be Night Elves… and there aren’t any Night Elves except what’s left of their souls in the maw… probably some soul dust. The only way this could’ve worked is if the Night Elf souls were actually freed and revived, but since Blizzard had them obliterated instead, renewal isn’t an option. Therefore the only thing renewal does for Tyrande is force her to forgive the abusers of her people.
1 Like