* Spoilers* Sylvanas dialogue redemption?

Just don’t engage with Ethriel, who maintains all the Night Elves were destroyed and now insists that Ashenvale being in Night Elf control is bad somehow.

16 Likes

Cdev does the retconning, not chaotic upside down world logic posters.

I suppose you’re sticking your finger in your ear and going “la la la la la I can’t hear you” with all the 9.1 development.

Carry on

2 Likes

Sylvanas sacked Gilneas and killed over 90% of the Night Elves in 3 of their zones. Furthermore, she knowingly sent them to the maw where they were tortured and obliterated.

I can’t believe you’re defending that.

I can’t kill someone with a knife and then say that it was the knife who killed that person.

Don’t put words in my mouth you low effort troll

4 Likes

Most of the gilneans got out of gilneas just fine actually. Was enough of them for the Kaldorei to plant a tree on top of Teldrassil for them.

1 Like

What 9.1 development? The Night Elves got no development in 9.1 except being forced to forgive their abusers and finding out that the souls of their people are obliterated.

So you’re suddenly fine with Gilneas, sure.

But you’re not going to defend the genocide and extinction of the Night Elves and the torture and obliteration of their souls and endless misery with the lawsuit going on and us knowing exactly where this story came from and why it was targeted against Night Elves.

Isn’t this the same for the 9.1 Uther and Pelagos developments involving Arthas? Especially given Pelagos being chosen to be the new Arbiter.

I always been fine with gilneas. Do I want it back? Sure, everyone knows that. But I’m not about to make lies about what happened.

And I like Sylvanas. I’m more pissed they ruined her character to make her a mustache twirling villian

And yes, I regret saying what I did about wanting Sylvanas head on a pike. I was taking my frustrations out on the wrong person as I said in another post.

2 Likes

Do you know who did more than Sylvanas to hurt the Night Elf people?

Azshara.

5 Likes

Sylvanas soul was manipulated and twisted by both Zovaal and Arthas, it wasn’t restored to 100% until 9.1, but I expect you to put your fingers back in your ears and go but but but what about what she did to the NE. You’re blaming Sylvanas who had her soul twisted and manipulated up until 9.1. That is what you call gross.

I haven’t even commented on that yet. lol

Isn’t what the same? Are you talking about how some posters may not like that particular development and are already retconning it in their head canon?

2 Likes

It is Sylvanas’ likely presence that triggers the interlude with the remains of Arthas. I kinda expect a kill steal IGC where she purges his soul and frees Anduin at the same time she gets her final vengeance she had stolen from her in WotLK.

Stop making things up, I’m not even going to argue with a low effort troll like you.

2 Likes

It certainly does feel like we’ll be killing off two former Lich Kings in raids this expansion.

1 Like

That’s fine by me. If it allows the dev team to work with a clean slate and make up their own stories. Without the baggage of 16 yrs worth of lore…I say go for it. :wolf:

Unfortunately for you we all have eyeballs and the internet; 9.1 and other references are abound. Continue to stick your fingers and your ears tho; it has never bothered me enough to ever insult you.

3 Likes

Then maybe you should make use of either of those instead of spilling out your made up garbage

1 Like

This is rich coming from you.

7 Likes

Those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks.

5 Likes

Except that my predictions came true 3 years later, how surprising that Blizzard was going to keep spitting on Night Elves and treating them horribly because they hate them so much

Totally noone saw that coming, right?

you overblow the proportions of everything Kaldorei related to the point you make it awkward to be a Kaldorei fan on this forum because people use it as a measuring stick for expectations. It is very irksome, to put it lightly.

They do not hate the Kaldorei, they have suffered from excessive overuse of the Worf Effect for sure. They messed up and their actions in Shadowlands strongly indicate they realize they messed up. I don’t see any other race with a weekly quest to rescue their fallen from the Maw, after all.

9 Likes

I mean if they just let Alliance players take revenge on the Horde and imprison/kill the evil people responsible then these half measures wouldn’t really be an issue right?
The whole rescue of souls thing is making terrible situation be upgraded to a bad one.