* Spoilers* Sylvanas dialogue redemption?

A lot of fans believe Sylvanas is a victim and by the very definition of the word we are 100% correct. Sylvanas soul was forcibly twisted and manipulated by Zovaal and Arthas.

Btw I’ve been here much longer than Danuser, championing and speculating the same things, if you gonna call it than call it right lol :wink:

11 Likes

Problem is whatever punishment you think Arthas deserves then Sylvanas deserves in equal measure. They are both guilty of the same crimes and with ultimately the same guy behind it all being responsible (apparently!). That’s where the hypocrisy comes in. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Difference being, Arthas is the only one who maintained his sense of self. He was fully aware of what he was doing and he did them anyway. Sylvanas wasn’t. Every action she took since being undead was forced upon her by either Arthas or Zooval. She had no agency in her actions. :wolf:

5 Likes

At what point did Sylvanas have free will? When did she plan to poison Arthas, or when did she shoot the Jailer?

1 Like

Uther does not pretend to have lacked agency for his split soul. So why should Sylvanas?
Sylvanas regained her freewill in WC3, thats what her campaign and the forsaken identity been for the past two decades.

5 Likes

Apparently she was under some sort of mind control. So who really knows at this point. It’s terrible way to force a redemption but here we are. Staring it right in the face.

As for Uther, I got nothing. Not sure why they went the route they did with that. :wolf:

If you are talking about the latest voice lines she is most probably talking about Arthas.

6 Likes

Only thing that makes sense. :wolf:

Yea, but it’s Blizzard after all so the story never makes sense.

Also, if they do end up absolving Sylvanas by saying she was mind controlled for decades, can we then hold the Horde accountable? Or was the Horde also mind controlled, what’s their excuse?

7 Likes

If sylvanas was under mind control/duress the entire time than the horde is guilty on all accounts. They knowingly committed one atrocity after another. Only rebelling once things stopped going their way.

It speaks volumes really. :wolf:

2 Likes

I don’t know the answer to that, if they go with she was mind controlled or worse that she was somehow controlled, but not without having some autonomy it’s going to be a big issue. If she somehow remains alive after this… The Alliance players wont be happy, but the Horde players will be. Same would be true conversely. So who knows? This is going to be a difficult story to forget…

Sylvanas is a complicated character. One hand I’m happy she’s getting the redemption she deserves. But as far as being unhappy goes, my only issue is not being able to kick the forsakens teeth in for gilneas.

I USED to be angry about Sylvanas and BfA but than I realized I was taking my anger out on the wrong NPC. I’m more angry that the horde as a whole is going to get whitewashed after again willingly comitting another war crime.

But that’s a seperate can worms that’s been discussed to death already. :wolf:

5 Likes

Cdev literally verbatim said Arthas was evil before picking up Frostmourne. Sylvanas on the other was a hero turned evil by forced soul manipulation and physical/emotional torture.

They are not the same.

6 Likes

And we know how good and consistent the Cdevs are.

Sylvanas gets to punish her abuser.
Tyrande does not get that opportunity.

Insert world of hordecraft meme here.

4 Likes

People wanting Sylvanas to be punished/suffer the same fate as Arthas, for comitting crimes she literally couldn’t stop herself from comitting, because you know that’s how mind control works, is just…well it’s gross :wolf:

2 Likes

She wasn’t mind controlled though.

11 Likes

I’m speculating that many characters will realize what happened to Sylvanas’ soul by both Arthas and Zovaal and will then redirect their anger. I don’t think everyone will change their minds about her.

2 Likes

Sylvanas wasn’t mind controlled though, unless they make that up and retcon the past in 9.2.

1 Like

I am pretty sure at this point she has not been under mind control since WC3, when she wrested control from the LK. Everything she has done sense has been of her own free will.

She just had a sudden epiphany of…

and realized Zovaal fed her pure lies and played her own internal anger and insecurities when he sold her the idea of tearing down the system that governs reality and instituting an equitable and fair one.

12 Likes

So … What did Mladlen Ru say about Sira? “She can lie about not …”
Uh … why do we believe her words about unfree will?

1 Like