[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

I have zero issues with them taking the post WoD route when it looked like they were just going to pretend WoD never happened.

…but they didn’t do that. The Mag’har of Draenor and Light-Hitler Y’rel say hello.

We already know Tyrande shows up in Ardenweald at some point courtesy of plot points they now want to pretend never happened in BfA.

This is all starting to feel a little like Warlords of Draenor, isn’t it? Outside of Gul’dan, there were near-zero references to it (and even then, no one really brought it up again) and it seemed to be purposefully being ignored.

1 Like

There is no way they would not having the NE souls being in the Maw not show up in the story. No…chance…right??

It’s really a double edged sword, isn’t it? If they don’t bring it up, it will be awkward. If they do bring it up it will probably be even more awkward.

This would require them to either acknowledge or outright ignore/retcon the Burning of Teldrassil with Horde player characters going through the Maw.

I’ll put ten bucks on them making a point to indicate that it was Sylvanas that was to blame for their deaths and make absolutely no mention of the Horde ever being involved. Even Tyrande will greet the Horde character cheerfully.

On a scale from 1-10, how upset do you think they are that their playerbase just didn’t not dig the burning plot?

3 Likes

Danuser feels the white hot rage of a dying sun.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Do you have a link? Or reference point?

(No, I was being facetious, which is why I edited it.)

Oh god I didn’t even notice LOL

1 Like

You might have been being facetious, but you’re probably more right than you’re willing to guess. I have a feeling Danuser’s creepy obsession with Sylvanas is on par with any of her more ardent defenders in the GD forum, who are mostly just utterly baffled that anyone could not love their precious corpse waifu.

As to everyone other than Danuser, I suppose it would depend how long a given member of the writing staff has been with the game. If there are any veterans of the olden days left, they might have suspected that people rolling tauren, Horde pandaren, some orcs, and possibly some trolls would have taken issue with nuking Teldrassil. …but that’s a big ‘if’…

This historical revisionism is kind of disgusting to be honest.

2 Likes

Tellin’ y’all, by the end of this, all races will be human copies.

“You are a human.”
“You are a night elf, like a human but nature-y.”
“You are an orc, like a human but green.”
“You are a Forsaken, like a human but spooky.”
“You are a troll. A human and also a stereotype.”

Etc, etc

1 Like

Trolls renounce their heritage and adopt the Light as their new deity.
Orcs renounce their ancestors as they were meanie heads and will only follow the Light because only super nice people follow the Light.

Can’t wait to see the Alliance counterpart where we’re edited to seem ““morally grey””

Having fled the ravaged world of Outland, the noble religious fanatic draenei used the dimension traveling Exodar to reach safe haven. Inspired by tales of the heroic imperialist Alliance that stood against the might of the Burning Legion, the draenei have come to enlist aid in retaking their shattered homeland planet they stole from the Orcs. Dedicated to preserving life and upholding the tenets of forcibly converting innocent orcs to the Holy Light, the draenei hope to gather a new coalition of warriors to battle the Burning Legion and put a halt to its horrific Burning Crusade. Armed only with courage racism against Orcs and their unshakable faith in the Light, the draenei look forward to finding the Alliance and ushering them towards the destiny that awaits beyond the skies of Azeroth. Now, the fate of two worlds rests in your hands. deserved to be made into road

7 Likes

They’re writing out every bad thing the Horde did and are trying to make them look like they had nothing to do with anything Sylvanas, Garrosh, or anything else they might have done in the past. Even if they haven’t been complicit in it, erasing it entirely is quite frankly disgusting. This destroys any RPers immersion they might try to have if these events are removed from context to begin with.

Orcs do not need to not have aggression toward humans. Trolls are tribals that have their own culture. Are they gonna move to shrinking pretend heads instead of real ones? The Darkspear are the most moral tribe I guess.

The undead one gets me the most. They “strive” to protect the living. What? They’re a race that is slowly dying out. One of their racials is cannibalism. Why would they want to protect the people that are killing them off?

2 Likes

It will be funny to troll Horde critics on the forums with how now according to the lore we’re good guys now. We the noble and pure Horde are a diverse group who fights for freedom and honor now, forged tragedy and betrayal. This Horde would never burn down that tree and our zombies want to protect life.

Please stop using old out of date sources like pre-retcon material such as past expansions and D&D books we’re the good guys now bigots.

3 Likes