[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

From what I’ve seen of them, they are. But what I really wish they’d done is something a little more mysterious. I was thinking just an endless mist on the edges of each domain, growing thicker and thicker until you can’t see where you’re going and you are teleported to a graveyard should you try to leave.

I dunno. Would have felt a little more Shadowlandsy to me.

4 Likes

This is friggin’ cool. I mean, the Shadowlands is flat after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Castle Nathria Mail Set (Helm missing)

Still not a fan. Not big on the Ogre looking boot tips. The shoulders & belt might be good to mix match with other sets.

Sometimes I have to wonder what the appeal is in having a mantle that is ten+ times the size of your own head.

The dark skins still look funky :confused:

Mail Venthyr

Oh I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard thinks they can get away with this particular U-turn as the Forsaken Lore vehicle speeds towards a cliff at 300mph. It’s just not going to persuade anyone but the n00biest of n00blets who join up for Shadowlands.

Undoing the past…15? years of “Death to the living and victory to the Forsaken!” behavior is going to take a whole hell of a lot more than changing who wears the hat in…whatever the new Forsaken capital becomes. At a bare minimum, I’d say the whole “oh we want to explore how to undo the curse of Undeath, please help us nature-inclined moo people” thing that has been the justification for having shamblers in Thunder Bluff needs exploration. The NPCs need to stop signing off every chat with, “Beware the living…” and whatever NPCs of the Royal Apothecary Society survived the Wrath-era fight in Undercity need to be provided the choice of burning at the stake or finding a means of treating their Blight.

God damn it. I’m going to wind up with the mind-wiping Bastion fascists, aren’t I? My choices are two flavors of vomitous edgelord garbage, one flavor of “totally we swear they’re not elves you guys! despite naming them Night Fae,” and one flavor of cyclopean fascists.

The mogs look awful. The lore premise for this dreck is facepalm inducing. And I do not trust them when they say gearing will not be fifteen bajillion layers of RNG layered on top of each other.

If I buy this expansion, it’ll be after 9.1, and that is an increasingly big “if.”

And I thought they couldn’t whitewash Teldrassil any further!

1 Like

Please do us a favor and just kill Anduin. You guys have one job.

Wow. That’s…

Bold.

With all the mutually exclusive cutscenes, retcons, and straight-up ignoring stuff, the wiki pages for BfA are going to start reading like SCP articles at this point.

5 Likes

Some of those hair styles look familiar. I guess they’ve finally going to start copying some of the better points of FFXIV.

Comparing the story of BfA, however tangentially, to the SCP Foundation is a bit insulting to the SCP Foundation, isn’t it?

1 Like

They just admit that the war of thorns was so bad they’re just gonna retcon it as much as they can.

He respawns, though. Plus, it’s not Anduin who needs to be removed from the throne to fix the garbage writing…

At this point I question if anyone bothered tapping the breaks at all about Teldrassil.

Someone Sane: “You’re…you’re sure you want to go with forcing the Horde players to be complicit in genocide? We don’t want to give them a choice to try and stop Sylvanas on the beach but the end result is the same? There’s no other way we can do this?”

Danuser the Thirsty: “NO ONE DARES QUESTION UNDEAD WAIFU! FIRE THIS HACK IMMEDIATELY!”

Blizz faces backlash from the War of Thorns from both sides of the fanbase: Shocked Pikachu

Blizz: Retcons furiously

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, but I think that Anduin leading the forces of Azeroth against the Void is becoming closer to being a reality. And I absolutely loathe the idea.

It’s as awful as Frickin’ fraggin Turalyon leading the Elite Draenei forces fighting against the god damn legion.

I just had the amusing image of opening up WoWpedia and reading “Ah yes, who could forget the most important event to night elves all over the world: the Burning of [REDACTED]”

I can actually respect so bold-faced a retcon, in theory. There’s a lot of stuff in the lore that I wish would get the same treatment.

I’m just a little confused of the logistics. Removing any reference to Teldrassil, Azerite, Lordaeron, etc. would require substantial rewrites of BfA’s questing, to the point where it’s practically an entirely different story.

I stuggle to think of a way they could do it and not leave new players scratching their heads.

2 Likes

Hoo boy, would Stormsong be hard to explain…

1 Like

To be fair, Stormsong was hard to explain in general lol.

God everything about BFA is just weird lol.

1 Like

They couldn’t even write a coherent storyline for BfA to begin with. Therefore, I doubt they have the competence to do this retcon job with any finesse or skill. They will simply tear all this stuff you mentioned out of BfA’s plot entirely and not bother trying to patch the gaping holes left in their terrible storytelling by their even worse ‘fix’ job.

I know, I know, I’m salty as hell tonight but the bungling ineptitude on display from this story team… I’m flummoxed. Gobsmacked, you might say. In a word, perplexed.