*Spoilers* Sabellian, Wrathion, and Alexstraza

You were saying literally the opposite before, though. Now you care about both sides? How magnanimous.

1 Like

With Turalyon in charge of the alliance forces now I am sure the blue team can go back to their glory days now. Just like it was after the second war was over. Now the Horde only needs to find a way to get rid of Calia, Bainea nd Thrall so the same can happen for us too.

as much as I might like Ebonhorn, I dont think he has any actual rightful claim to the throne of the Black flight at all.

By rights it technically belongs to Sabellian as the last living of Deathwings direct children (as we see with the bronze and the greens, when the aspects are MIA/KIA leadership seems to be hereditary)

2 Likes

It seems obvious to me that where this story is going is, through their competition, Sabellian is going to (whether intentionally or inadvertently) cause Wrathion to mature enough until he’s properly prepared to take on the job.

If Sabellian hadn’t been absent for 15 years, and if he actually had a unique model instead of a generic one (both dragon and human), I’d believe there was an actual chance of him winning, but that’s not the case. As things are Wrathion is by far the more familiar character to players, is on the loading screen art with the other Aspects, and actually has a unique model.

1 Like

You only like him because he is a direct friend of Anduin which means he will urge the other dragons into direct support for the alliance.

It is kind of funny how on the beta, up on the Obisdian Citadel, there are two areas, one for Wrathion’s followers, and one for Sabellian… And aside from like 1 drakonid, all of Wrathions supporters are mortals with no a single actual black dragon on his side

Where as on Sabellian’s side, all of his supporters are actual black dragons and lesser dragonkin…

6 Likes

Ah, big mistake. Black dragons tend not to do well versus mortals.

Honestly, I think the writers are going to want us to side with Wrathion and will probably lie about his popularity and make him the aspect regardless of the overwhelming support for Sabellian.

Or they will have Sabellian Die, concede or just go straight up evil to make him win.

Blizzard writers have straight up favourites, and they don’t really care about what the players want.

2 Likes

It is their story to write afterall. You can’t expect GRRM to make this character king/queen when he likely already had a different character in mind.

Though I would prefer they picked someone else besides Wrathion, and I’m still convinced Ebonhorn would be best.

Then they should stop giving us the options to support characters when they have no intention of letting it mean anything.

4 Likes

Just because the character doesn’t end up in charge doesn’t mean they don’t mean anything. Characters have conflicts and not everyone achieves everything they want, but it doesn’t mean the resulting story didn’t matter.

2 Likes

Assuming that Sabellian will have overwhelming support seems really far-fetched to me. Most players have no idea who he is, he was in one short questline 15 years ago. Wrathion on the other hand is very well known to the playerbase.

Also, you don’t just support one or the other. You earn rep with both of them. So it’s a rather moot point, there’s no player participation in their competition.

3 Likes

Hot take here: we should all want both factions to have strong characters with good writing and deep commitments to their faction/people. WoW’s community is so damn toxic, constantly bashing each other.

We can want positive things for our own favorites without wishing suffering and ill on what other people enjoy and consider their favorites.

5 Likes

This is my position, yeah. I was just referring to a conversation I had with them like a day ago where he wanted Alliance players to have a bad experience because he thought Horde players had.

So I fully agree.

Disagree. Giving the choice makes things interesting even if your chosen or the more popular side doesn’t get the big win.

2 Likes

It makes me actively makes my experience feel worse to be given a fake choice.

4 Likes

For the Horde that is impossible now. Our losses between Cataclysm and Bfa were so heavy that all who remain are C-Tier characters nobody cares about. More then half our cast don’t even have a unique model. We need to demand from Blizzard that we can have back those that died for no reason.

2 Likes

The choice we had was meaningless because in the end everyone was on Team Saurfang. If you don’t plan to make the choice matter then don’t implement it at all.

Well most of the players probably were as well.

2 Likes

I did not. I refuse to stand with the alliance no matter what the situation is.