*Spoilers* Sabellian, Wrathion, and Alexstraza

If it isn’t shown/mentioned, it didn’t happen as far as I’m concerned. And Blizzard taking the time to kill off Nalice in Cata but not him kind of makes me think they actually did forget about him. He wasn’t sitting in a prominent area like Wyrmrest, afterall, but rather off in Onyx Dragonshrine where he only gave a few quests.

Well, Chronicle kind of established that while the Void’s influence could be felt and heard on Draenor via the darkened naaru there, the Old Gods’ whispers only became audible to the Pale/Twilight’s Hammer orcs once they crossed over to Azeroth, and it was so much more insanely potent than what they’d experienced on Draenor that it drove them into a frenzy of religious fervor and ecstasy (perhaps contributing to their evolution from just a bunch of deranged Pale orcs that Cho’gall talked into joining the Horde and then sort of herded around into a functional doomsday clan/cult obeying his express orders.) So the corrupting influence of the Void seems to have been a lot “louder” on Azeroth than Draenor. Leaving the former to go to the latter may well “muffle” or even silence the Old Gods’ whispers just by virtue of the sheer distances involved, since technically the Old Gods on Azeroth were being locally contained and couldn’t just arbitrarily reach out and corrupt anyone anywhere in the universe.

3 Likes

Even if Sabellian is secretly still corrupted, Wrathion developed a way to cure it. He used it on Ebyssian in BFA, remember?

8 Likes

Shaw had spies watching over Sabellian in Outland as late as by the aftermath of the 4th War, he mentioned him in Exploring EK. If Sabellian was still corrupted, he’d have heard about it

3 Likes

so cool!! -wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1071202.jpg

1 Like

People keep talking about one or the other becoming an Aspect, but Kalcgos was only able to be made into an Aspect back during Cata when the two moons aligned. They explicitly said that’s an event that occurs every 400 years.

Also team Sabellion. It may be unlikely due to be Wrathion’s popularity, but Sabellion actually has leadership experience. Wrathion is that one dude who claims he could change the world because his ideas are just that good.

9 Likes

I am absolutely PUMPED to see Sabellian. I only hope we get tidbits about the Nether Dragonflight from him or them just making an appearance. Really want to hear about the Dragonflights of Outland more.

Sabellian leading is on my list of wants for the expansion.

15 Likes

I know there are some nether dragons on wowhead’s datamined database, though who knows if they’ll play any role or just like be standing around the capital city.

Spoilers for the new Ulduman dungeon

Summary

Turns out there was a hidden chamber and titan artifact that has details on how to restore the Aspects powers in case they had to surrender them during the Hour of Twilight. The infinite dragonflight succeed in “destroying” them as we reach the chamber. What happened to Kalecgos was that he was given the powers of an aspect. The power was still there after Malygos died. Like how Thunderaan was able to become Windlord after Al’akir’s death. However the fight against Deathwing made the other four aspects (Alex, Ysera, Kalecgos and Nozzy) lose their powers outright. The power that made them aspects was spent to destroy Deathwing with the Dragon Soul. In theory it should be possible for Wrathion or Sabellion to become the Aspect of Earth without that titan artifact. As Deathwing was still the aspect of Earth when he died. And he never put his powers into the Dragon Soul at any point. Thrall was just a stand in as he was a powerful shaman and a non dragon. As non dragons could use the Dragon Soul without being torn apart. Like what happened to Neltharion.

5 Likes

Huh. Does beg the question if we NEED an Aspect of the Earth if there are no other Aspects to keep them in check. Unless we can simply recharge the Aspects and re-empower the Dragonflights as a whole. Those powers were embued by the Titanic Watchers and hell two of the answered to the Battlelord back in Legion.

It was the titans who did it, the keepers just acted as intermediaries to channel the power since the titans weren’t there in person. Chronicle describes it like ‘Freya called on Eonar’ and stuff during the description of the blessing.

My suspicion is the blessings remain in the aspects, and are merely inert—the batteries are dead, so to speak. Tyr likely had a contingency plan to ensure they could be recharged. I bet it has to do with the suspiciously titanic forge looking systems we saw in Tyrhold. Sadly, the instruction manual is lost in time thanks to the the Infinates meddling.

We should go on a grand time adventure and go find that, I guess.

4 Likes

I’ve had my suspicions as we learned more about Dragonflight this is exactly how Murozond is going to come into being. Nozdormu is going to be called on for some time shenanigans and gets pushed to his limit before realizing he can change things when he inadvertently or purposefully does it for the better.

3 Likes

New black dragons
Male Orc

Female Draenei

Male Blood elf

Female blood elf

9 Likes

Can we start a campaign to get the community to support Sabellian? I’ve loved him since TBC, and it’s nice to see him again after all this time.

10 Likes

I dont trust anyone as black dragonflight leader, Wrathion keeps messing things up

You could argue he already has done this.

He allowed the blue dragon eggs Future Krasus found to be taken care of. By his own flight no less. Although it would indirectly lead to the Nexus War and Malygos’ death, it did prove to be important later on. Not just with defeating Deathwing once Kalecgos became the new Aspect of Magic, but also against the Legion during well Legion. With Senagos and his group.

Even going back in time to steal the Dragon Soul time heist style fits this as well. Since he is directly going into the past to take something that is destroyed in the present to defeat Deathwing.

But as long as Nozdormu does not risk anymore than 6 minutes now that he is no longer an aspect, we should be fine. (if you get the reference, you are a person of culture)

wrathion still looks pretty cool but aside from that my vote is on this guy

… Can we just dump both Wrathion and this new guy and let us friggin’ support Ebonhorn to lead the Black Flight? Why is that not an option? :confused:

4 Likes

To hell with Wrathion. That guy almost doomed the world twice. Sabellion protected the black dragon eggs his father brought to Draenor. HE secured the future of the flight. He deserves to be the new leader.

3 Likes