[Spoilers] Night elves should leave the alliance in 8.2.5

I just don’t want them to end up being best friends with Sylvanas again and that’s what it’s going to come to

2 Likes

I could totally see the night elves throwing a fuss if Anduin and the rest of the Alliance call truce and they feel that there hasn’t been justice met for Teldrassil.
Even if Sylvanas is incarcerated. Could create some very interesting situations.

But come on. Interfaction conflict within the Alliance? That’ll be the day.

Will it? Depends if Sylvanas continues being the second Garrosh and ends up going on the lam after she’s removed as warchief, in which case, she’s no one’s friend.

Guess we’ll see.

They weren’t friends before…

Even if this was all a plan to save the world, she’s still gonna be the Warchief. She’ll still be their enemy.

I realize it’s subjective.

But generic, mindless, souless, slavering monsters bent on pillage and destruction is… well, generic. And boring.

5 Likes

That’s why we have our Saurfang, our Thrall, our Baine, our Lorthemar, and a few others who aren’t all bent on pillage and destruction. They often butt heads with those who are more vicious minded which is why we had a civil war in MoP and are on the verge of another in the coming patch(es).

This is why I find the Horde more exciting than the Alliance. Alliance could have it’s own inter-faction turmoils? I could write a pretty lengthy paper detailing all the differences of opinion they had down to the outright opposing sides of Light and Dark but Blizzard chose to never act upon. To this day the Alliance remains the faction of “Everyone Hold Hands and Sing Koombaya”. To me, that’s boring.

You… actually like BfA’s Horde storyline?

1 Like

Are you suggesting that I shouldn’t have?

No. You can enjoy anything you want. You’re just the first person I’ve seen that has admitted to enjoying BfA’s Horde storyline. All other posts I’ve seen have been about being unhappy about repeating MoP’s Horde storyline.

1 Like

In terms of Sylvanas and Saurfang, yes, it is a lazy repeat of MoP. That being said though, it still holds true that Horde is the faction that’s the story’s catalyst because that’s where the political intrigue lies. We hosted the raid in Siege of Org and if things continue on track we might end up doing it again.

Basically it’s like saying Alliance choose to come to our parties because they refuse to host their own.

2 Likes

So do you find BfA’s Horde storyline exciting or not?

1 Like

And of that roster, only Thrall might be acting out of something vaguely resembling morality, or even altruism.

Saurfang’s complaint is personal. Sylvanas acted in a way that denied him the satisfaction of operating within his personal code of honor. A code of honor with still considerable leeway in terms of atrocities and civilian deaths. As the civilians of Ashenvale would attest… if they weren’t dead at the hands of rogues he paid.

Baine’s beef is Derek, and the consequences of him for the Horde. In his own words: “You planned to raise him as a Forsaken (y’now, a Horde race), and yet deny him his free will”.

Lor’themar’s just up to shady Elven politicking. If Sylvanas caught and executed Saurfang, Baine, and Thrall tomorrow, he’d fall right back in line. If the Alliance were to come into a position of power, or if Sylvanas pushed the Blood Elven people beyond their means again and he saw a moment of weakness, he’d try to jump ship like he did in MoP.

In short, it is just like Cata-MoP. The races of the Horde are all too happy to burn, pillage, plunder, and conquer, until it starts to affect them.

9 Likes

Says the faction made up of all the default D&D races…

1 Like
2 Likes

No, it will just be a pause before the Fifth War.

1 Like

I’m curious to see if it will be a repeat all the way up to the end, so… I guess I am a bit excited, yes.

Also afraid that I’m in store for a disappointment, but there’s only one way to find out.

Ah, so you admit then that a military commander really is responsible for the actions of subordinates? Because I can go back and point out an alliance commander or two who were trying to conduct things honorably but had men who were killing civilians as well.

Baine had a lot of beefs starting with Saurfang being abandoned, he just didn’t act because doing so would put the tauren in danger of Sylvanas’s vengeance. When it reached Derek Proudmoore he figured he’d seen enough and decided to act. The more responsible thing for him to do was continue protecting the tauren but at least now he decided to do the right thing.

And Lor’themar will do whatever is in the best interests of Quel’thalas. You know, being a responsible leader to one’s people.

Hey, maybe we’ll finally get that faction conflict where Alliance are the aggressors that people seem to think will be a good idea. Yes? Maybe?

…probably not.

And the fifth war will start with the horde bombing the Exodar, can’t wait!

1 Like

If they leave then our only elves will be void

Except that Baine was completely wrong in that score. She raised him as a weapon to deploy against Jaina Proudmoore, you know that big living superweapon of the Alliance?

3 Likes

I’m all for the factions breaking up at this point, and the Night Elves being dissatisfied with peace being declared is a natural break off point.

I don’t know if the right word is ‘should’ though. The Night Elves certainly shouldn’t Remove themselves from one of the only two world super powers and expect to get any closer to their revenge. The Night Elves certainly might try that though.

1 Like

And that WOULD finish them off as a people.