[Spoilers] Night elves should leave the alliance in 8.2.5

So, there are a few things we already know:

• Night elves got their revenge according to Blizzard devs (This isn’t true, but it’s what the devs said) so they and the horde are friends now, right?
  • Sylvanas will not die (confirmed)
  • The war campaign will come to an end in 8.2.5 with a “thrilling conclusion” (confirmed) , meaning that the faction war is going to end

This leaves us with a very high possibility of Sylvanas being redeemed and becoming the hero at the end (since she won’t die and the war will end).
Alliance leaders will likely be like “Oooh that explains everything, Sylvanas was right all along!”
Teldrassil and the obliteration of the Night elves will be forgotten and we will all fight together again against whatever comes up next.

This however doesn’t really make sense for the night elves, why would they help the horde fight for a world in which they have no place? (Since they lost all of their home, all their land and most of their people). Why would they want to fight alongside those that took everything from them just to prevent them from losing anything?

Doesn’t make sense in my eyes, gameplay wise the night elves should still remain an alliance race, but I just don’t see how they could leave everything that happened behind to help their murderers not to suffer a similar fate.

16 Likes

Because they got their revenge and need to listen to their enlightened, undead friends. After all, if Sira, Delaryn, Amara, and many nameless others joined of their own free will, there must be a really good reason!

8 Likes

we still don’t know what nelfs think about the horde after baine was rescued. so that still gives us hope.

if that happens i guess that we should just leave the game in mass and be done with it.

i truly hope that is not going to be the case, especially from nelfs leaders.

but we don’t know yet.

i can see the nelfs using them to fight sylvanas and making them even more weaker. and then retaking their lands.

4 Likes

And go where? The Horde?

6 Likes

Look, if the Shadowlands leak was true, Blizzard will have given Sylvanas moral license to commit actual genocide, let her outmaneuver and defeat both factions with her mad 7D chess skills, while killing 90% of the notable character roster, only for them to rally behind her 3 minutes later because Blizzard decided she would be the only person with the insight, willpower, and ability to save the universe.

But I don’t see how advocating for the Night Elves to leave the Alliance is going to stop what’s so wrong with that.

39 Likes

Call dibs on the Cenarion Circle and go solo, I guess.

4 Likes

Alright. I mean, that’s just moving back to Kalimdor in the middle of the Horde again, only part of an even weaker faction this time.

Doesn’t seem like that would end better…

3 Likes

the 8.2.5 datamining killed the leak, since the war is ending in 8.2.5 instead of in a 10 boss raid in 8.3

6 Likes

The horde has no power against the might of neutrality. To go against them, you risk what few leaders you have left being… neutralized.

10 Likes

i wouldnt say the leak is 100% impossible now but it does seem less likely yeah. unless they count the war ending as everyone joining up to fight sylvanas or something, for some reason

1 Like

Night elves tried if being a horde punching bag should join the horde to not get beaten up anymore.

2 Likes

Actually nothing about that says they’ll magically rally behind her if that leak is indeed true (I still have some doubts regarding that)

It just says that she supposedly planned upon them going to the Shadowlands, but that doesn’t mean they suddenly won’t hate her.

1 Like

Be the Horde’s punching bag or be the Horde. Talk about a Morton’s Fork.

5 Likes

i mean we get a title in 8.2.5 called veteran of the fourth war, so it would seem the war between the factions will be over

6 Likes

Well we know the alliance will never do what the horde dose to them

2 Likes

It’s a pretty simple choice really.

You get to be in the cooler faction, AND the one that doesn’t get beat up.

3 Likes

Well both of those are debatable. You aren’t that cool and you punch yourselves in the face so much I’d question if you have some serious self loathing issues if you were a person.

10 Likes

Not really the cooler faction, just the one that gets to win everytime because the devs are biased. Still doesn’t change the fact that horde = bloodthirsty villains.

Also, the only decent race the horde has are the blood elves, and the alliance even has a cooler version of them, called void elves

6 Likes

Don’t forget we’ll soon have lightforged undead which are everything the Forsaken are but without all the villainy.

2 Likes

Not all, but many of the reasons for Horde aggression against the Night Elves have little to do with them being in the Alliance, and more to do with the Night Elves themselves.

A big one is a basic one. Resources. The Horde needs a great amount of them, and Orgrimmar was built in a resource poor desert. The closest source of water, food, and lumber happens to be Ashenvale. Ashenvale also happens to be the heartland of Night Elf civilization, and the Kaldorei aren’t really receptive to the plundering and exploitation of their land. (Which, given Kaldorei culture and structure, is completely understandable, but that’s another thread.)

Now, Sylvanas hit them because they were part of the Alliance, and knocking them out/occupying Teldrassil would both secure Kalimdor against the Alliance as well as give her immense leverage against the same.

Still, at this point, going it alone when they, as a people, have become utterly debased and scattered would probably, at best, just result in them being isolated groups scattered across Kalimdor who would slowly be dissolved or annihilated as they individually became inconvenient for the expansion or existence of more supported Horde settlements.

Horde settlement Bobgrimmar needs lumber? There’s a ton over there, and the only thing in the way are those nutter elves squatting in the trees. They are slightly more annoying than Furbolgs or Harpies, so just go clear them out, level 15 adventurer.

Can’t get our caravans down this road because Night Elf raiders hit them in the dark and vanish into the woods? Well, they’re just essentially a fancy bandit camp. Here level 25 adventurer, go directly to their camp and kill them all, then burn it.

I’m being facetious here, using game mechanics as story examples, but you get the idea- without the support, at this point, of the larger organization, the Night Elves don’t have the resources or political implications to make attacking them unpalatable.

6 Likes