[Spoilers] Night elves should leave the alliance in 8.2.5

And I’m ok with that. If she’s already confiscating books and mementos from the Forsaken from their former lives, then being able to arbitrarily declare the undead she raises as “not true Forsaken”, and thus, not obligated to treat them as such is just the next step in going full Orwellian.

As for the quip about Jaina. While absurdly strong, the Alliance still treats her as a person. Not a weapon or tool.

3 Likes

In war, especially a total war for all the marbles, there are no lines to be drawn when it comes to how you deal with your enemies.

The only true war crime… is losing the war.

Where is that relevant to my statement about the fact that she IS a superweapon deployed by the Alliance, even if it’s more of a self-deployment?

Well, you said it yourself. It’s self-deployment. She chooses to go, of her own free will and volition. Neither coerced, nor brainwashed. So, as long as she fully realizes what she’s getting into, it’s not some despicably vile act of compulsion.

1 Like

That’s not the point. She’s an Alliance super-weapon that’s a prime threat to the Horde. She’s running essentially her own war against the Horde, and any and all means are valid measures to use against her… including her own brother.

Then… develop a counter? Without violating someone’s freewill, or commiting a litany of other heinous offenses?

2 Likes

Proudmoore is the counter. It’s even poetic and elegant in it’s own way,…using one Proudmoore to counter another. We’re at war, not playing pattycake. That means you use what you have at the moment. This is no time for sentimentality. The free will of my enemy is not my concern.

See. The edgelord “ends justifies the means” mentality is why I can’t take red backgrounds seriously.

Well… one of the reasons. But a big reason.

10 Likes

How many reasons do you have?

https://giphy.com/gifs/list-B7o99rIuystY4

When are you going to get your trust level up?

I’m not sure if I can get it back. I had it, then a few days ago, I didn’t.

you realize that plan was stupid aniway right?
you know, jaina was ready to kill both derek and baine on sigh already knowing that he was a weapon.

meaning that it wasn’t worth the try.

4 Likes

But she didn’t now did she? And for all you know, good old Derek might still be the Bomb. Don’t judge the story until it’s told.

And even if she HAD, so what? You loose one enemy and a traitor. That’s what’s known as a win-win scenario.

just remove Night Elf cutlure already and give it to Tauren druids and shape some Alliance Empire theme for Night Elves possibly giving them a stronghold in EK and bring a revivalism of the old Night Elf culture.

I want a level 3 trust level but I don’t know how :sob:
What do I have to do? I want to link funny things too :see_no_evil:

She saved Baine. If Baine becomes Warchief, then Jaina will have been a savior to the Horde.

4 Likes

Not sure these are still the requirements or not, but this is what I remember when the forums first came to this system:

2 Likes

Stop that right now Amadis!

4 Likes

I’d be fine with the night elves leaving the Alliance to continue the war with the Horde, Only if they also allow alliance champions a chance to side with them to fight it as well.

I can imagine not many would choose to play with Anduins high king run peace brigrade along side baine and co.