[Spoilers] Looks like more villain bat

most alliance players do carmageddon they want to force all horde player into a villain role even though horde was not advertised as such they are pretty selfish tbh

1 Like

Stop acting like if the tables were turned the Horde players wouldn’t be asking for the Alliance, or at least the one who committed genocide, to be punished. Hell, Jaina had the “Purge of Dalaran” and ALMOST flooded Orgrimmar, but didn’t, and Horde still yell for her head…

Like I get it, and frankly I do feel sorry for the Horde players who don’t agree with what the Horde is doing, but at the end of the day this is the second time they have started a war and committed a heinous act. Sylvanas committed genocide there is no way around it and the Horde went along with it. At this point there is no way to have the Horde not be punished for their actions, if the Alliance just gives them a slap on the wrist again it will be completely nonsensical.

This doesn’t mean the Horde players have to suffer any consequences themselves, or have their gameplay ruined, but story-wise there needs to be repercussions for their actions.

10 Likes

But how do you have a consequence to the Horde that the Alliance thinks is appropriate that doesn’t end up punishing the Horde players? It was too big to resolve in a two faction game.

It probably won’t feel good for anyone, but I think something like the Horde having a last stand moment where they manage to break a siege or something, doesn’t have to be a glorious victory for the Horde, just a moment where we sting the Alliance and force them back into a cold war situation. No one’s won, we just realized neither side has the power to completely win against the other. Horde can be desperately working to shore up their forces and prepare for the worse, Alliance licks its wounds and readies their own forces.

2 Likes

One side will never see the other as even. The grass is always greener…
I would just like it if they didn’t split my side in half and set it on fire. They’ll just pin all the bad stuff the horde has done on sylvanas and remove her from the horde somehow. The only people who will be happy with that, assuming she lives, will be saurfang fans. And he’ll probably die just to upset them.

3 Likes

Disliking Sylvanas doesn’t necessarily translate into being Saurfang fans.

Looking forward, it’s very hard to predict how the Horde players will react to whatever happens with to the end of the war and Sylvanas because we don’t know how it will be presented (let alone what it is).

And the other consideration is what about those who don’t have a strong connection to any of the characters? In this case, particularly Sylvanas. Many have a strong opinion about her, others though are less biased and more take things as they come and interpret the story as it comes.

For instance, I know a couple guildies became convinced she was going to be a villain, not with Teldrassil, but in her mannerisms and how she destroyed Lordaeron. To them, that felt like what a villain would do.

How they’ll react, i’ll see but my guess is they’ll hate the 8.2 war campaign working with Jaina but still will be expecting all story to lead to killing Sylvanas.

I mean that saurfang fans are the only ones who would not be upset if sylvanas survived and left the horde. Because even sylvanas fans don’t generally want her to leave the horde. I like saurfang and sylvanas, so this entire storyline is garbo to me. And even ignoring how they are making the horde look really stupid against itself, what happens to the forsaken after this?

“Thank you for saving Azeroth, you scum.”

5 Likes

Two points…
The first is that asserting bad things other people would do is meaningless. After all, if you ask me Alliance players would have thrown fit like we have never seen, putting the High Elf threads to shame, if they had to endure what Horde players do.

Also, it is ironic that you cited what Jaina did to the Horde, since she had been given a free pass on all of it. It makes claims the Alliance players deserve to have “consequences” played out against the Horde all more hard to take when the Alliance gets free passes.

10 Likes

After MoP, nobody except the ****ty new writers and devs was asking for another faction war plot anyway. Didn’t prevent this abortion.

18 Likes

First, no one on Alliance wants the Horde story, we aren’t saying that. We get that the Horde story sucks because it’s a poorly done rehash of MoP. I feel for the Horde in this aspect.

Second, you say Jaina gets a free pass on the purge, you can’t even count the almost flooding of Org because she never did it. Meanwhile you have Sylvanas who has gotten a free pass on testing her Blight on Horde and Alliance, attacking Gilneas unprovoked and killing thousands, dropping Blight on Gilneas, enslaving Gilneans, Blight bombing Southshore into goo, trying to enslave Eyir, and finally genocide against the Night Elves (and Gilneans since the majority of them were still in Teldrassil with the Night Elves).

Sylvanas has done way more without consequence than Jaina. It’s time she actually pay the piper for her evil deeds.

8 Likes

and plus actually has show some remorse or regret for her actions.
not even speaking about burning an entire island full of innocents because a random elf taunted her.
like,sylvanas is at least 10 times worse. it’s incredible.

Now hear me out, all what i am saying is that i would too liked that the story would be more “morallygray” for both sides… but that isn’t what blizzard has given us.

5 Likes

Just for clarity she wasn’t the one that attacked Gilneas, it was Garrosh. It was his orders to take the place and expunge the last of the “alliance” from the Lorderon area. Sylvanas showed up to take charge of an attack that was happening regardless of her wishes (Yes she wanted to dunk on Gilneas, she didnt want to do it like this) to stop him just ordering her people into the meat grinder then having the Krokon come in for clean up.

5 Likes

On events before BfA, you are citing the usual Alliance “explanations” about Jaina’s actions while refusing to similarly consider the same for Sylvanas. But the Horde has a different POV and we pay the same fee you do. I’m sure you are willing to go through the same old arguments about this, but the bottom line is that taking the Alliance view in BfA was kick in the crotch to Horde players. Going over the same old “Alliance did nothing wrong” meme isn’t going to change that.

They didn’t just give Jaina a free pass, they made her a noble pure hero. Meanwhile they took a popular Horde character and made her into a cartoon villain. And they did this to the faction they had already hit with a villain bat. You may talk about how Alliance players feel entitled to this. Go ahead, it really has gone beyond that. I know I don’t really care and no Horde player is going to buy that this is fair.

Do I think Alliance likes this story? No. Do I think both sides suffered equally? Defiantly no. Do I think Blizzard owes it to Alliance players to make our story even worse for Alliance players? It would be that last straw (though, to be fair, it may already be past that). As I said, in the end it has gone beyond that. I don’t really care anymore what Blizzard does to the Alliance or how they feel about either way. We need Blizzard to show that they can write a story for the Horde that is actually enjoyable. If Blizzard followed what is going advocated, it would be proof that there is no future for the Horde story. That, at least, would be a clean break.

14 Likes

Both have done evil crap to the other faction, Sylvanas has certainly done more. But Jaina is presented as the pure good hero TO THE HORDE PLAYER, literally the patch after she was their greatest enemy in 8.1.5. And the Horde are supposed want to help her kill lots of Horde like the few remaining Sunreavers…

28 Likes

Working with the woman who murdered your king to save a tauren who advocated “negotiations” with the faction that just disgraced you and defiled your city and holy sites as a Zandalari sure is great.

25 Likes

But, in the end, it doesn’t matter anymore. The villain bat in BfA dwarfs what came before. Sylvanas could have been Baine and it wouldn’t matter.

4 Likes

True, it doesn’t. Misinfomation going around just bothers me. Sylvanas has done more then enough on her own for people to be mad about without misunderstandings.

6 Likes

Yes we know Garrosh ordered the attack, but also explicitly told her not to use Blight either and she did it anyways. And as you said, she wanted to attack Gilneas to begin with, her way most likely would have been just dropping Blight on it until everyone was dead like in Southshore. That isn’t any better.

1 Like

The blight and her desire is irrelevant, the fact is she was not the one to attack Gilneas. It is also much easier to go “If I didn’t use the Blight we would have lost” to Garrosh, instead of telling him “I’m not going to invade.”

16 Likes

I also want to point out that the other future was even worse for the forsaken people as a whole, where garrosh basicly used them as cannon fodder for the alliance to the point mass suicide via immolation was common.

5 Likes