***Spoilers*** battle for dazar'alor as alliance player

I have been playing alliance for 14 years. Ive endured lossing multiple guildies / friends to horde for better racials and better oportunities.

And now after all that I have to deal with the following… Spoilers head youve been warned.

Im really excited for the new raid and new m+ season as a mythic raider.

But as some one who is also invested into the warcraft lore and alliance RP.

Im beginning to now be so excited with the more info that is being released.

So I will have to FIGHT mekatorque and then watch gallywix finish him off? Why couldnt the fight have been written for alliance to fight ggallytwix instead after he finishes off mekatorque? they are essentially same thing so encoutner would be same mechanics.

Also why is the finally to the raid written for the HORDE only? What excitement am I as a alliance player supposed to feel in the final encounter of raid fighting jaina?

I understand its a PoV flashback ect but im talking about ME and player behind the screen who plays and loves alliance. how am I supposed to feel excitement about the last fight of the raid while fighting jaina?

They could have made nathanos the end boss for alliance with same mechanics except instead of frost based the visuals would be shadow based…

or idk just dont make us fight jaina and mekatorque

This is really messed up

41 Likes

If you want a game where the gameplay and lore are written for you as a player, the Horde is that way=

6 Likes

You must hate shows with backstories for the villains?

To me, those are the best shows, so go figure.

13 Likes

I was hoping there’d be a real right between Gallywix and Mekkatorque at some point. Their spat during the War Campaign quests was funny.

Why would you have to fight Mekkatorque if you’re on Alliance?

neagan is my favoraite

Reverse that. How do you think some Horde feel about actually killing Rastikhan? You’re leadership survives, but we’re directly involved with the death of the Zandalari King.

It’s a new experiment Blizzard is trying out, and I for one think it’s fascinating. Being able to see both sides, and having a different experience, is something I’d like to see more of in the future.

32 Likes

spoilers

they make us do the fight as horde pov and then gallywix shows up and kills him after he is weak

not as bad as alliance.

For one Rastakhan is not even officially horde.

Secondly its not the finalle to the raid

Jaina has been a loved character for alliance players since warcraft 3.

Mekatorque since wotlk

13 Likes

Because Alliance is experiencing the fight as a flashback being told by an eye witness. They’ll be playing as the Horde. The reverse will happen for the Horde for the middle three bosses that lead to Rastakhan.

2 Likes

Really, really, really getting sick and tired of this Alliance/Horde favoritism garbage.

It simply doesn’t matter what Blizzard does, people are going to spin it in their deluded narrative.

38 Likes

Uh, so you fight Jaina too? Didn’t know that.

Why do I have to fight and kill king Rastakhan? He is the guy I’ve been hanging with like the entire expac so far. I don’t want to do it.

Ok I will do it once for raid completion/any quests. But that’s it. I will never kill him again.

6 Likes

Mekkatorque doesn’t die, nor does Jaina.

How about we look at HORDE PLAYERS WHO HAVE TO KILL Rastakhan. I am a huge Rastakhan fan, yet I don’t have a problem with fighting him from the Alliance perspective.

19 Likes

gallywix kills mekatorque

1 Like

They said this is something they’ve never tried before. Maybe the ramifications of forcing the horde and alliance loyalists to ignore their factions was a bit misconceived. Some people pick a side and stick with it. I am one of those people. Having to kill a players own lore character is bound to cause friction.

8 Likes

I refuse to believe normal people worry about this kinda stuff.

So I have to fight a character I love? Huh??! This has been happening for years! Deathwing was my favorite wow character, but I’m sure that was ok because “Hur Hur he’s a villian!”

3 Likes

He does not. Mekkatorque escapes using an escape pod that was built into his suit. He does get severely injured though, but luckily his escape pod also puts him into a magically induced stasis.

This will eventually lead into the storyline in 8.2 with Mechagon and the Mechagnomes.

17 Likes

That doesn’t change the fact that we’re actually killing him. Everyone is betting that Gelbin will be getting a Magni treatment and become a mecha-Gnome, and Jaina is still the world’s strongest mage. We, on the other hand, play a role in killing a King we just got this expansion, which doesn’t help the consistency of us losing Horde leadership.

But again, it’s something new and different Blizzard is trying. There is no way to balance two different fights perfectly to have both sides have their “own raid”. And I wouldn’t want that.

Instead of focusing on the “Why am I fighting this character?” focus instead on how Jaina gets an incredible looking, hard as hell, awesome fight. Appreciate her power and enjoy the ride.

5 Likes

I remember reading that the alliance and the horde were going to have unique boss fights for the last two.

Was very disappointed when they changed it.

7 Likes

I fail to see how having more encounters is disappointing.

1 Like

Who is this Rastakhan guy? Never heard of him. Not sure why anyone would feel bad about fighting him considering he must have just got here.

Jaina and Mekka though? Jaina’s been here since before WoW was created. I can see why Alliance wouldnt want to fight her. I mean she has more fans Alliance side than Sylvanas does Horde side - I dont see daily thread about siding with Anduin against her…

5 Likes