(Spoilers) Ardenweald, Tyrande, Elune and Sylvanas

I mean, worgen even stay worgen when they die. It’s more than just a Skin Condition, it’s something that affects the soul to. It saddens me blizz threw away the huge potential of the worgen, for more human potential

9 Likes

A. No, you save Azshara, she will be selected in the Horde-Night Elves conflict, and not in the equality of the Goblins-Worgen.
B. Bilgewater Harbor - you yourself said that the city is not dear to you, so there is no point in destroying it.
C. Gazlowe - yes, for “equality” he must be immersed in a coma.
D. No, to lose everything - only with a meteorite that will equalize everyone and everything. And we will live in the ruins of Azeroth, fighting with the murlocs for seaweed.

I suggest you lose your Cartel status, lose the respect of the other goblins. Do the goblins appreciate that? True, I have no idea why the members of Bilgewater will not scatter into other Cartels or be accepted into them. Is there any tremendous shame among the goblins that will cause them to stop doing business and start persecuting them? Maybe Gallywix’s machinations?

“Equality” - the same time of suffering of worgen and goblins, I am not going to weigh factional pride, you will not agree to the destruction of the Horde or the governors from the Alliance with the introduction of troops?
There is a variant of the Blackmoore name - to take ALL the children of the Horde and raise them yourself. Sounds like a plan. And the children will pay for the sins of their parents, the cruel Alliance against the unfortunate Horde. Stop, this is “cure”, not weighing.

The alliance is shown by idiots, you already know about the racial fantasy of the night elves, the racial fantasy of the orcs is leaning towards the bloodthirsty monsters … So, Sylvanas and Nathanos were knocked down, Rastakhan was considered an unspoken character of the trolls, Saurfang died. Delaryn has gone over to the Horde, not sure if she counts Sira. Could you tell? It seems that for equality it is necessary to thin the ranks of the Alliance. Whom do you propose to kill and expel?

What’s funny is World of Darkness werewolves are much cooler and they revert back to humans when killed.

But then, they have lots of player books building their culture up.

I’ve never quite felt like playing up that they’re cursed humans is the issue, the real issue is the human aspect is incredibly underdeveloped and not very unique plus there’s just more to werewolf myth that Blizzard simply won’t touch.

4 Likes

I’m sucker for werewolves, not matter what the book/game/show they’re in. They’re just my fav were creatures :smiley:

1 Like

I’m probably just projecting too much of my thoughts on what worgen should be but it feels like the race has a few things going against them.

I think the intended message of the heritage questline could have been received better if there was more emphasis throughout the game about how much it sucks in-universe to be a worgen. But, whether it be through neglect or Blizzard not wanting to rock the boat with the alliance, there’s almost nothing to show in-game for that. The alliance didn’t initially reject them for being monsters - it was because of kingdom politics. Nobody denies their humanity. Their psychosis metaphor was all but perma-cured in the opening questline. Genn’s anger issues are too easily muddled with him apparently always having been a hothead as well as hating the horde in general. And up until void elves came out, I don’t think they had anybody to really relate to regarding what mental issues they did have. And to top it off, they don’t even own their own lore: they’re functionally just the night elves’ pet mistake. Their people’s shared trauma isn’t even about the worgen, but over being attacked by the horde.

So a questline about them reaffirming their humanity and not letting the curse define them falls completely flat because that was never challenged to begin with. And I personally doubt very many people would click on the werewolf race to go “I want to be a Gilnean human.”

And I’m not saying this in a “oh they would have been better as a horde race” way. This sort of thing could have been written for the alliance; show them initially feared and hated, make them prove that they’re not the monsters they appear to be. Have some NPCs fall and need to be euthanized anyway. Give them moments where they have to be reminded who they are on the inside, etc. And if Genn absolutely had to soften his stance on the forsaken, then use his own experience as a monster to relate.

11 Likes

Worgen actually having puppies is max cringe

human babies, worgen curse activates at puberty or something

3 Likes

No, it will be an activation upon contact with druids or shamans. Yes, the sleeping magic of life, but she was disturbed by healing the wound on her finger. Now you are a bloodthirsty wolf cub.

That’s cringe

So you’d rather Worgen curse not be genetic but an active choice of every/most Gilneans?

2 Likes

Twiligt, vampir, werewolf, romantic human?

It should die off like blizzard plans

And if so - the worgen will be processed with the magic of Death to suppress the curse, but with prolonged contact with Life, the curse will awaken?

To be honest I like that more, draws more to classic werewolf myths.

2 Likes

If you wanted to get REALLY dark, Blizzard could have gone full on King Lycaon and have Genn eat his own son during a blackout. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

So, have the Kul Tirans occupied the niche of death worshipers? England, spiritualism, photos with corpses and long mourning?

Yeah if I had to walk it all back and had control:

• Worgen curse is genetic
  • Curse activates at puberty
  • Worgen bite is highly dangerous to the Undead (so makes sense as a necessary weapon, also again deriving from IRL modern folklore of vamps vs werewolves)
  • it wasn’t Arugal who summoned the Worgen from the Dream, but the Harvest Witches as a desperate attempt to save their people from the Scourge
  • Many Gilneans became feral, but the Harvest Witches retained sanity/control by virtue of their rustic druidry being mostly sufficient
  • Malfurion & Co are alerted regardless because Emerald Dream Magic, teach them the ritual, etc.

Alternatively, but along the same lines, the genetic Worgen curse is only activated if you kill someone, even if accidentally, or something.

1 Like

Exactly one question - do worgen emit Life so that their bites are fatal to undead?

He killed a mosquito - a bloodthirsty monster. You clear the fields from caterpillars - a monster. Put a mousetrap - a monster. Or do you need more substantial sacrifices?

Pie chart for this thread:

45% whining/baiting
35% speculation
15% off topic discussion
4.9999% informed content from 9.1
0.09999% me judging this thread

1 Like

Don’t forget - you were the aggressors and killed dorfs. For… something something Horde bad… something.

3 Likes