(Spoilers) Ardenweald, Tyrande, Elune and Sylvanas

Nah, if I recall correctly, Dardillien said it’s described as being trapped in a permanent fight-or-flight nightmare horror state that you can’t pull yourself out of without medication. And Ivar’s group is specifically untreated because apparently he fetishizes that borderline state or something.

Edit: And SUPPOSEDLY the ritual isn’t even fullproof either. If a worgen tries to undergo it without being ready, then his mind is permanently destroyed and off goes his head.

Who’s Dardillien?

Worgen fan that used to post a bunch. He loved Wolfheart and I used to ask him a couple of questions about the book for clarification on things.

I also read Wolfheart and I think that what he’s talking about is the inner conflict between trying to retain your humanity while the curse is pushing you into embracing the beast.

I was referring to when a Worgen goes full Worgen and embraces the beast, which always gave me the impression of mania.

That sounds like when he’d describe younger worgen “taking to it” much more strongly when hunting and would periodically lapse in control. Apparently parts of Teldrassil were straight up quarantined so that stray night elves wouldn’t happen to wander too close and get cannibalized.

…Which sounds really stupid, now that I’m writing it. But apparently these things just work out without any complaint when it comes to alliance races.

2 Likes

hmm seems rife for some internal growing pains but I guess everyone is just fine with it.

1 Like

What does “stuff” and “just come” mean? “The things you value more” and “out of touch”?

Equality of the bad does not take into account the wealth that you currently have, only the troubles. And what difference does it make that for a rich man it is a huge loss, and for a poor man it is a matter of survival if both of them have lost 50% of their property?

Yes, the renovation of Gilneas sounds reasonable, so to act correctly, it will reduce the number of offended, all that … And then, (scream), the vile nature of the night elf comes out: “Suffer as I suffered.” We were denied repair because otherwise it would appear that one Alliance race is capable of destroying the Horde, “which is unfair”, and therefore we will get worse until the night elves become equal to everyone else.
Why support someone else’s development if you need to save yourself? No, perhaps, if we “help” other races, weep for them and get into every branch of the forum, reminding them of their losses, then we will receive permission for repairs ahead of schedule, but it will still be incomplete, “so as not to offend the Horde.”

Okay, what’s there? Renovating Gilneas? A grandiose project, which, to heighten greatness, must end with the worgen, “a new generation has taken over.” Cleansing the land of plague and wild undead, if there is one, a tent camp near the ruins of the city, scaffolding, Tess Greymane walks through the rebuilt city, a pretentious speech about the past, about how the world invaded their home, and now they are ready to come to the world to visit, a view of the harbor under construction opens.
Am I too cinematic?

At least there is treatment for Worgen. I don’t think there’s ever been any indication of an undead who got an unlucky roll of the dice getting their old personality back.

Well so far in the latest book, therapy is doing the trick. Because apparently an entire nation of people never thought to talk about their problems in a decade+ or however long it’s been.

We’ll have to see if Delaryn ever shows up again in game to see. They didn’t even mention her by name in said book.

They kind of forgot or intentionally ignored the fact that Sylvanas did the same to Delaryn that Arthas did to her.

Sylvanas has the three greatest powers in the Warcraft universe backing her; plot armor, author favoritism and a rabid fanbase. That’s why she can do things like beat Night Warrior Tyrande.

I also personally suspect at least a few of Blizzard’s writers hate Tyrande, but she’s got too big a role in the story for them to just kill her off. If I recall, David Kosak made a twitter post that was a big “Tyrande sucks” rant.

To be fair, the power of the Night Warrior is supposed to eventually kill its weilder; maybe Tyrande is being burnt out by the Night Warrior power at that point.

5 Likes

It’s hard for me to recognize them from the picture, I’ll check that out whenever PTR comes back up

Didn’t take long before the MHP start using WC rts as a argument. Oh sorry that one is disguise as a dwarf.

Forsaken have everyone right being lore as they are the majority of the remaining people of Lordaeron or be it gameplay wise as they have been holding the land since the start of the expansion.

But blizzard should totally screw all that just to please some MHP that still wet dream about WC…

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. That reminds me of when Forbidra made that huge Gnome content essay on the GD front page for a month and people would log in on weird lowbie gnomes to try to say they weren’t making good points/to dismiss gnome content as a joke race.

The thing about the treatment for worgen is, in Wolfheart it was shown that it doesn’t always work and when it does, it sort of just…buries the worgens feral instincts, which lore wise can flare up and make them go feral still.

Just thought I would add that.

The Wealth I currently have? 3 Lines of dialogue that were impossibly difficult to find in game, and Wix just leaving, to close up plot-thread over a decade on the backburner? And having a city since Cata, because culturally Goblins are not a nostalgic people and thus made a new city … rather than ever really wanting to reclaim what they lost. With Crapopolis essentially just being a Boom Town built up not out of “reclamation of Kezan”, but rather a “Gold Rush” for the immense Azerite deposits on and under the island? So its a glorified strip mine NOT owned by the Bilgewater, the PC faction?

So you’re solutions are to rob the Bilgewater PC race of A: Their ONLY zone; B: Their ONLY city; C: Their ONLY half-developed character; or D: All of the above. To keep things “even”? I don’t think you know what even means. Nor really understand how the Gobs being treated pretty well in BfA does not compensate for just how much damage to the Horde’s Faction Identity, Racial Fantasies, and Character Roster BfA did.

3 Likes

They can infect their children with it. There’s no reason not to these days.

Because Blizzard vis-a-vis Tess decided The Future Of Gilneas Is Not Continuing The Worgen Curse.

Really the whole thing should’ve been genetic. Worgen kids, even if one parent, is always a Worgen.

They probably didn’t do that, and did the Tess thing, to have a Pure Human Princess for Anduin down the road.

But walking it back now is paramount to Blizzard admitting error.

3 Likes

Anduin is on the record as not wanting her, or at least marrying her out of politics. I also think there’s an age gap and I doubt Golden will go for it.