(Spoilers) Ardenweald, Tyrande, Elune and Sylvanas

There’s a difference between speculating on what has not been revealed yet versus deny realities visible, but not explicit, within the narrative.

Given the Wisp wall in Bastion, the reality is likely that Blizzard artists just reused a blue shield texture rather than make a new one.

“Blizzard was just reusing the asset, meaning it’s not intentional, meaning the night elves in ardenweald were forgotten again, woe is night elves, etc”

We’re not sure on that yet. We’ll have to wait for 9.2 to see more Covenant storyline.

1 Like

Personally I think it’s kind of weird that we’re just straight up considering all of Ardenweald to be an extension of Night Elves and that therefore things that happen in/to Ardenweald are by definition things that happen to Night Elves

Ironically, I feel like my Orc Shaman would be the happiest in that realm but then again I see it more like a nature lover’s haven. Night Elves just simply dominate in that theme but I always looked at my shaman as the closest to a hippy nature lover that would feel comfortable there.

Ardenweald is an important zone for Night Elves in the story. Whether Night Elf fans like Ardenweald is up to the personal tastes of the individual fans. However, in this case, the Winter Queen is unharmed and she even shrugs off the attack saying the forest will heal, so it’s does not appear that anything really bad happened to Ardenweald at all.

Whether Ardenweald “is” a Night Elf zone is a pointless arguement between people who want to complain about Horde representation and people who yell that Blizzard writers hate Night Elves.

Which is ironic considering how night elf player reacted to my thread a while ago about how Ardenweal was more night elf than troll.

They were nearly all agreeing on how Ardenweal wasn’t night elf at all and how everyone who could do a link between them were all silly and how tree=/= not night elf.

They are the same one here ready to throw the rock at blizzard for dumping on ardenweal which also mean bumping on the night elf.

2 Likes

Ardenweald definitely is more Night Elf than Troll. Only potential Troll we even see in Ardenweald is Te’zan. Mueh’zala’s forces are considered invaders, and even Bwonsamdi is treated as an outsider.

I 100% agree with you but it seem that this ins’t the case for most night elf player. To be honest you are kind of a exception.

If you don’t believe me just go take a look at my thread ‘‘ardenweal is as much troll as night elf’’ that you even take part in.

Hence my statement in the post above your response to Ainhin.

What is a NEFPA? It’s close enough that my mind is jumping to Nappa.

1 Like

Night Elf Forum Posting Alt. Its a term that popped up when we had a weird rash of alarmist lvl10 NE alts constantly posting NE victim threads for a while. Like, a new thread from these people like every single day. Rather than just bumping their old ones.

6 Likes

It’s a bit early to say anything. The last quest in the achievement is something like “Power of Night”.

2 Likes

Yeah they really did a number on the Worgen & Gilneans for me. I love the aesthetics, the top hats etc. Worgen had a lot of potential but like most Alliance races, they aren’t really allowed to express their “feral” side. They’re just hairy humans who are a little more angry at times. The Worgen honestly would have been better off as a Horde race I hate to say that but its true.

I used to love Gilneas but at this point, why would i pick them over Kul Tiras? I wouldn’t. Not in a million years.

To an extent i would be okay with this where it works. I’d sort of like to see a modern version of the Arathor Empire but obviously Stormwind at the helm of it. The empire would consist of Stormwind, Stromgarde, Alterac & the former lands of Lordaeron currently occupied by humanity. Ideally i’d love Turalyon to be the leader of the new Human Empire.

I would exclude Kul Tiras though. Kul Tiras is a large kingdom on its own and is far more distinct from the other mainland human kingdoms.

As for Gilneas? Really i have no idea. In some way i think they regret making Gilneas afflicted by the Worgen curse. The Worgen show up a lot in human form and feel more human than they do Worgen. If they’re going to keep doing that, especially the way they’re writing the Alliance then they should just have Gilneas become a colony of Kul Tiras at that point. I’d prefer them be their own nation but at least aesthetically speakin they look better as a vassal of Kul Tiras rather than a vassal of Stormwind.

You wouldn’t be able to tell this based on how eager a lot of Horde posters are to balkanize humanity to a nonsensical degree in order to deprive them of land claims.

Yes, because the Horde players have been totally advocating for the homogenization of Humanity. And their issue has nothing to do with your weird fixation to reclaim the dead holy land to wipe away Humanities shame. We’re totally A-OK to see the 5 current human kingdoms get fully rebuilt and returned to Humanity. Its the two dead ones that feel like they’d only get rebuilt for some arbitrary status symbol we take issue with.

9 Likes

My butt-pull guess is that they didn’t want to bump off Nathanos in the first patch when they already assigned him to a good 1/3rd of the world quests for the expansion, and BFA was basically over by the time he finally did die so it wouldn’t matter at that point.

2 Likes

God this makes way too much sense…

So far Nathanos is about as significant as the Undead Night Elves. A lot of writing time invested into them without any payoff ever actually having been thought up for why they were around in the first place.

4 Likes