[Spoilers] Alexstrasza and the Dream

So he is searching for something of value to the Void.

Just what is the Void up to?

Vyranoth is after the Emerald Dream while Fyrakk is searching for something unknown which leaves us with to wonder what Iridikron is searching for.

All 3 Incarnates are each after something in particular for themselves specifically. This is an intriguing development.

Ohn’ahran Plains is larger than Teldrassil in otherwords.

Yes, I also flew over those other islands surrounding where this new tree will be, and they are totally uninhabited, there aren’t even mobs on them.

Which makes me think that they will be assets for an eventual complete transformation of that region, including these islands as well.

I don’t know why people are filled with this irrational anger at this development in kaldorei lore. This location could end up becoming a city as beautiful as Suramar. At least that space is clearly larger than Suramar.

1 Like

Its interesting. The surrounding isles are largely empty, but they really fleshed out the seabed around them. It is way too far out for people to just wander over there and go swimming more than once unless they planned to make some use of them, so I for sure think they plan to build them out.

From what I understand talking to others the Dev team really do mean this to be a meaningful development for the Kaldorei, not just a thing they put in to cross it off a to-do list. So, they are taking care to make it special.

The Ancient Bough is also interesting in that the giant high power shield effectively serves as a giant wall on one side of the area and a defensible fall back position in the event of an attack.

2 Likes

Both islands are completely empty, there is only flora on them. One interesting thing since I’m in them right now is that the biggest one at the top of it is a small grove, with a road in it. The two islands are big enough to be part of content involving leveling from 1-10, I’d say there’s even room for leveling between 10-20. On the smaller island there is a kind of road, which leads to a grove, which could also receive a village.

Honestly, I’m starting to think that the plan really is to allocate the kaldorei capital in this location, even creating an initial leveling experience there.

In addition, due to the topography of the place, it seems reasonable to me to think that the islands would be interconnected through bridges, and would use some elevator or teleportation system like the old one on Teldrasill.

Another point, it would be militarily impossible to invade this tree from any direction. If you tried a land invasion you would have to get past centaurs and dragons.

The easternmost islands are a perfect location for you to place cannons on top of rock formations that would repel any amphibious landings. Also because land cannons naturally have greater range than cannons on ships, since the weight limit of a naval cannon is by definition lower.

Any aerial invasion would be delusional since the leader of a dragonflight and all of her subjects are there in the region.

To me it seems convincing to be an ideal place to place a capital. It would be the most protected capital in all of Azeroth.

Perhaps the voices claiming that the kaldorei really are moving to the Dragon Isles aren’t just delusional.

2 Likes

In addition, if you go to Lunedan at night, look out over those islands and see how the moon is framed. Thematically, it’s a hell of a view for a Elune worshipping race.

There is also, between two of the islands, a little river from the ocean through a naturally formed stone archway (it’s two ends of two different islands jutting out and almost touching)

4 Likes

So we’re being evicted. Time to pack our stuff and move out.
Congrats to the Horde. They finally got to conquer our lands. I wonder… how long until they deforest and defile everything?

6 Likes

Such melodrama. Don’t get your beard in a twist, we are not loosing anything we already have. All this would be is gaining a new highly defensible home base.

2 Likes

Night Elves still have Ashenvale, Darkshore, Mount Hyjal, Feralas, Moonglade, Winterspring, Talrendis Point and Felwood.

They just made a new base of operations on the Dragon Isles. They haven’t lost anything but an isle off the coast of Darkshore which is a more recent holding compared to all their other holdings in Kalimdor.

Yes. Teldrassil is much more recent compared to the rest of their territories Post-Sundering which they still hold. The new base of operations that was grown in a place hard to reach for Horde invaders has been replaced with a newer one even further out of Horde reach.

2 Likes

Pack which stuff, dude?

Night elfs lives in the streets of SW, so getting to live in a place protected by the most powerful race of Azeroth feels bad?

I don’t understand what part of Tyrande’s speech involving renewal and a new beginning you didn’t understand.

Do you really think everything would go back to the status quo era of Cata?

The signs that there would be a new way of conducting kaldorei lore were very clear, and things haven’t even started and you are already stuck in this obtuse discourse that nothing can change. Things change, because events have consequences, and if it is the case that the kaldorei have a new home, protected by dragons, renewing their ties with races of demigods, what’s the problem?

2 Likes

Tbh night elves dont have feralas, felwood,winterspring or ashenvale, they have outposts, but all these lands are contested. I think we can say that NE and forsaken lost the most after the fourth war, its very clear that their positions are very weakened, although they still have a presence there, lets see how Blizzard develop all of this in a future revamp

4 Likes

The only Canonically uncontested zone the Kaldorei have right now is Darkshore, and its a mess that will need a lot of rehabilitation and was sparcely populated to begin with. Most of the Kaldorei population had migrated to what was seen as the relative safety of Teldrassil. Nobody expected the Sylvanas Inquisition to torch a civilization.

Yes, and correct me if i’m wrong (i didnt read exploring eastern kingdoms) but i think that the only uncotested zone the forsakens have is Tirisfal Glade. Sure, they have a lot of outposts in other places, but the Alliance managed to regain much ground too

I thiiink they still control Silverpine? I know the Alliance made huge headway into the Hillsbrad foothills and all but retook the Arathi Highlands… but I don’t think the Forsaken lost control of Silverpine or the ruins of Gilneas (yet, that is coming).

I think they also lost Andorhal if i’m not mistaken on that one, it was in the table part of the campaign? Can someone rectify that for me?

1 Like

That’s why I said IF they are moving their main city to the irrelevant dragon Isles, they are essentially abandoning Kalimdor. If their home remains in Kalimdor that is different, if they are sent off to a tiny island they are going to be essentially abandoning Kalimdor to live in obscurity in a dead zone.

Okay, but you are forgetting portals were not able to transport troops during the WoT, so they couldn’t use them to reinforce Kalimdor from extremely irrelevant the dragon isles. Portals were not useful when the night elves needed them to be.

They have transport ships, their navy was no match when they got back for even the horde ground forces. They aren’t a seafaring nation. And again if portals were useful, stormwind would have been using them to reinforce Kalimdor, but they could not.

Darkshore is also not livable and pretty abandoned. The horde alligned shatterspear were really the only ones living there as of exploring Kalimdor.

2 Likes

Okay, I know this is going to be a hot take, but after reading about the islands around where the next world tree MAY end up being and having just seen them for myself…I’m kind of excited at the possibility of a new night elf capital there. It in no way means the Night Elves are abandoning Kalimdor. They are not going to move their entire population over to what is a small part of the dragon isles. That’s just silly.

I imagine grand towers jutting out from the land with dragons flying in-between them, with maybe an embassy for their dragon allies. A city made up of all that beautiful ancient night elf architecture that sprawls out across the two big islands, connect by bridges, with a sea gate connecting the two islands together and stopping any enemy fleet from entering. A pair of fortresses on each island where perhaps Shandris or even Jarod Shadowsong could command the sentinels from with an imposing view looking out over the sea. Glaive throws pointing down into the ocean ready to rain death on any enemy who tries to come near the city. A huge temple of Elune under the shade of the world tree connected to the city be a long bridge.

Will any of this happen? I don’t know. But if a new night elf capital is built there, I think it has a lot of potential to be an amazing new city.

4 Likes

So! a fun thing I noticed. After you complete the Ysera quest chain, the path leading from the portal to the dream to the beach has new NPCs

They all seem to be facing out to the water, which makes for a very nice welcoming party if you planned to add a dock on the end of the path leading somewhere.

1 Like

Silverpine is contested with the Alliance in control of places such as Fenris Isle and Shadowfang Keep

2 Likes

Ah! I am not as versed in that corner of the world, so good to be fact checked.

1 Like

By your logic the Night Elves were already living in an irrelevant dead zone. Heck, basically all capitals fall into that category. In no way does moving their capital to the dragon isles, IF that even happens, mean they’re abandoning Kalimdor. That is complete nonsense. As much as I like the idea of a city possibly being built there I doubt that would even happen. I can’t see them being a racial capital slap bang in the middle of an expansion zone, where there is already an expansion hub a stones throw away. It’s illogical.