[Spoilers] Alexstrasza and the Dream

Did the nelves ever abandoned talrendis point? 'Cause in Legion, just before BFA, the place was used by the Alliance against the Legion.

2 Likes

No, the Night Elves never abandoned Talrendis Point.

1 Like

Given the Dragon/Demon Soul, the dragons being outsmarted is just as likely a story as anyone else’s.

Yeah, i thought so. I think that place serves more to protect Ashenvale borders than anything else, it would be dumb to abandon it.

2 Likes

People on these forums have in the past incorrectly states that the Night Elves gave up Azshara to the Horde after the Siege of Orgrimmar, and I’ve had to correct these statements many times, noting that the Night Elves only gave the Horde use of Azshara’s lumber in exchange for staying out of Ashenvale, not Azshara itself. Most notably shown by the Legion pre-patch event that you pointed out as well, yes.

5 Likes

They should formally split Ashenvale at the Falfarren River and call it forests edge or something, to show they mean to clearly demarcate where the orc vs kaldorei stuff vs pure kaldorei stuff is meant to be at.

1 Like

But i think we could still count Azshara as a Horde territory, no? I mean, the goblins and orcs clearly take that place for them (the goblins even more).

Just for the record, i understand what you said about people incorrectly making statements.

3 Likes

can we blow gallywix’s smug face off that mountain turned pleasure palace? Please?

2 Likes

The Horde does not expect the Night Elves would ever stop attacking Splintertree Post and the Warsong Lumber Camp, so I don’t think any such border would be established within the forest.

I don’t think anyone has meant to kick the Goblins out of Azshara, no.

Maybe Comrade Umbric.

2 Likes

Oh I do not think it be a story thing, it be more a meta thing to show the players a progression in their storytelling. By setting side that stretch of ashenvale for that theme as its own subzone but also implicitly saying no more of that past this area.

Beating up rich horde people with Umbric was the highlight of my time in BFA.

2 Likes

They just had a book that included Ashenvale, so I doubt they’d be making any more content about it outside the game any time soon. Inside the game the zone is still in Cataclysm, and I doubt we would be getting a new phased version over it like we got over Darkshore for the warfront, at least not this expansion. Ashenvale doesn’t really have any relevance to the Dragonflights.

I am not really expecting it.

To wrap back around to this thread’s actual topic I am expecting some really cool development with the new world tree area. What buildings do you think they might use?

We have the dreamgrove buildings, the traditional and kaldorei stone HD buildings.

1 Like

I just love how sassy he was about it and it’s like “Where is this coming from? Why are you the champion of the proletariat, former blood elf magister?”

1 Like

Listen, the void is for the common man. Overturn the Bourgeoisie Naaru and their wage slaves.

2 Likes

I really want to see an updated version of the guardhouse over the gates. I always thought that walkway was so pretty.

3 Likes

I secretly want to steal the moonguard stronghold architecture for something. It is just so beautiful.

1 Like

I still think blizz missed the mark with the wot and the handling of this topic in general

I don’t think buildings are going to be put on this new tree. I’m wondering if the tree is going to be inhabitable ingame. I’m very sure it’s going to be a plot device to be corrupted and not much more. Nearly every Night Elf development comes with a caveat.

The Night Elves won’t be able to move into the tree because the roots will go into Zaralek Caverns which will corrupt the tree and make way for the Void in the next expansion, people can get ahead of the curve by complaining about that instead of Night Elves leaving Kalimdor.