[Spoilers] Alexstrasza and the Dream

Extremely doubtful.

Tyrande still has no love for the Horde, and she’s still considerably hostile towards the Alliance because they refused to support her in reclaiming their territory in Darkshore.

The chance of her just out of the blue deciding to cede the territory they fought and bled over to get back is -1000%

We Shen’dralar has been proposing for so long that we move our capital away from Orgrimmar, down south by retaking Eldre’thalas from the Ogres. Not that we’re giving up our northern lands of Kalimdor, but choosing a safe place where our remaining civilians could live

The new tree could grow in Dragon Isles for all we care, but we don’t see it turning into a livable place

This was always a little forced for me. I’m all for the Alliance having some much needed drama between the leaders because it only seems to happen to the Dwarves or the Horde entirely but its like Tyrande acts as though NO support whatsoever. Didn’t the Draenei and especially the Gilneans help them out? Even a few gnomes assisted them during the fight to retake Dark Shore. More importantly Anduin would send adventurers arguably the deadly weapon in the Alliance’s arsenal to back Tyrande.

But sure, NO support.

4 Likes

The Gilneans/The Bloodfang Pack were the Kaldoreis major supporters during the retaking of Darkshore. The alliance, for the most part, abandoned their ally in their most desperate time of need.

I think any person, especially after such a devastating tragedy, would take that as a major slap in the face and she has every right to be angry at the rest of the alliance leadership for what amounts to abandonment in the eyes of the kaldorei

13 Likes

So I went to bed pondering this whole new world tree business, and apperantly my brain kept turning the idea over while I was asleep as it occurred to me when I woke up that there might be a good use for a large open space such as a world tree would provide—The 10.1.5 Megadungeon where we likely handle Void maddned Fyrakk. Perhaps we get to actually save a world tree from being torched this time.

They could then use the same space uninstanced for 10.1.7 content for 10.2’s setup much as they used the Forbidden Reach, giving them double bang for their buck.

The Alliance is led by Anduin, or at least it was back during the events of BFA.

She asked for the support of the Alliance in retaking Darkshore and he couldn’t give it to her, and she was understandably upset about that. That meant 7th Legion, various Alliance military units, Humans, Dwarves, Void Elves, Army of the Light, Dark Iron Dwarves etc. Basically, she would have had a lot of logistical and tactical support if Anduin had given her the aid she asked for.

She got support from the Gilneans in retaking Darkshore, only because Genn pointed out that the Gilneans owed the Night Elves their lives and that Mia would never let Genn hear the end of it if he refused. But she got no Draenei support (the Draenei were defending the Azuremyst Isles and helping refugees, but they didn’t provide any military support in retaking Darkshore).

Basically ever since the Night Elves joined the Alliance they provided support. Even going as far south as Pandaria to provide military aid for the Alliance, because the Alliance asked for their aid. But the moment the Night Elves need the Alliance? Nope, nowhere to be found.

3 Likes

For those wanting to return to Kalimdor, remember the strange space in the world map east of Kalimdor.

2 Likes

Wait even the Draenei didn’t help? I thought they were there as well. Why wouldn’t Velen help them? I can sort of understand why Anduin couldn’t send forces but the Draenei wouldn’t even send a few paladins? Was the Horde that pressed over Azuremyst?

Yeah I remember seeing this and wondering why the map looked a bit off.

2 Likes

Aaah, it looks so beautiful! :face_holding_back_tears: I feel my Night Elf Priest FOMO rising once again…

I am pretty sure that is something for 11.x, as they set up there is SOMETHING west of west beyond the unpassable veiled sea with the tale of the Nightsquall.

They did not, nope. It was really only Gilneans who supported the Kaldorei’s effort to drive out the Horde. The main Alliance force was preoccupied retaking old human territories in Southshore and Stromgarde under Anduin’s orders. Which also is likely part of what seriously cooled the Kaldorei-Alliance relationship during the Fourth War.

11 Likes

Nope, no Draenei or Army of the Light assistance.

The only forces that fought in Darkshore were the Night Elves and the Worgen as the Army of the Black Moon.

4 Likes

Okay that’s kind of messed up. I sort of expected Velen to play some part in aiding the night elves. That’s kind of a cold thing for the Draenei to do.

2 Likes

Seems perfectly sizeable for the tree-- moving will be difficult. :thinking:

However the Nightsquall wants to plunder the Dragon Isles and has setup base in the South Seas at Tel’Abim. What did I miss west of west?

To be fair I don’t think an in-universe reason for their absence was ever stated, so it’s not something I think we can really judge them for. Nothing in the story is worth thinking about from an in-universe perspective since people’s characterization and beliefs change on every writer’s whim.

Literally Blizzard said the reason the Vindicaar wasn’t used was just because they didn’t want to use it. They never gave a story reason for it, it just wasn’t involved because it wasn’t.

2 Likes

Having the new Kaldorei capital located in the Dragon Isles would kinda set the balance right in terms of purely geographical repartition of the factions, since the Horde has important strongholds and permanent presence in the Broken Isles while the Alliance doesn’t

Thing is… The Kaldorei have no connection whatsoever with the Dragon Isles outside of their relationship with the Green Dragonflight. Their home is northern Kalimdor, their culture is tied to northern Kalimdor, and they have no reason to leave northern Kalimdor, so Kaldorei fans have every right to be upset about that

(On another note though : Gerwin is absolutely right about the fact that the recurring trope according to which “the fate of Azeroth and the fate of the Kaldorei are intertwined, everyone and their mother should feel concerned about the Night Elves’ problems” is dumb and irritating lmao)

11 Likes

Yea and about this.
Currently Horde is very weak after the war. There are no “world” threats in Kalimdore. Right now Darkshores is most safest zone.
But Night Elves decided to rise a tree in the zone, where currently a war with elementals is ongoing. Including fire elementals that can burn the tree down…

10 Likes

Yeah no once the Primalist threat is dealt with the Dragon Isles will probably be the safest place in all of Azeroth

Doesn’t change anything about the fact that the Kaldorei have no business here and should be actively rebuilding their capital in northern Kalimdor though

9 Likes

btw why do Night Elves need a tree at all?
Nordrassil was built to hide the Well of Eternity.
Teldrassil was built to return immortality for Night elves.

And the new tree for?

I will say at least the Green Dragons will be much better neighbors than the Horde has been, given the horde has been on and off attacking their lands and deforesting them for decades now. Not to mention they strip mined mess they made of Azashara. It is not an ideal situation, but I will take it any day over the other idea that was floated around of sending them to live in the Blackwald over in Gilneas.

Darkshore will take a long time to recover from the rampant deforestation, corruption, and blighting it suffered in BFA, and if we want them to refresh Hyjal we will be waiting for a very long time likely, as it is most likely the Eastern Kingdoms will get a new coat of HD paint first.

If they were to decide to put in an Emerald Dreamway portal that would allow for an in lore way to travel easily from the new tree to Hyjal that would also work well to tie it all together. I am all for refreshing the Dreamway and removing all the nightmare stuff that canonically is gone now.

They were ‘very weak’ after the Legion war too, having lost a significant amount of their forces and a large amount of their navy.

And despite being ‘very weak’ they still managed to do what they did.

Now granted, I don’t expect the Horde to go full murderhobo and attempt to destroy the Night Elves ‘again’. But who said anything about a threat to the Night Elves being the Horde?

No faction, no enemy is going to try to tangle with the Night Elves on the Dragon Isles. They’re going to look at the tree there, see all the dragons flying around and act the same way a lot of people do when they see a large spider.

Which is to say they’re going to nope the hell out of there and not touch it.