(SPOILERS) 9.1 Tyrande Cinematic

I have enough.
The forums discuss the same things in a circle, use the same arguments.

1 Like

Yes cuz the resident NEFPA and Sylvanas stans can’t think of anything else to complaint about

1 Like

There is one troll and one tauren inside of Night Elven Ardenweald, and they are not in their home biomes, because Night Elven Ardenweald is not made in the form of jungles, plains, or plateaus, but instead in the form of Night Elven deciduous forests which are night and have Stars falling from trees.

But please, tell me how unimportant stars, night, and forests are to night elves, and how important they are to trolls and tauren.
:smirk:

3 Likes

Unsub?

/10 char

Let’s say vengeful, dark Tyrande gets everything she wants. Sylvanas dead at the expense of helping Ardenweald and the Night Elven society. Is that a good story, is that satisfying?

Or better yet, Tyrade gets every vengeful thing she wants and the Night Elves do not suffer anymore at all. Is that satisfying storytelling?

If you don’t like the story, that’s fine. But the story they chose is the story they chose. Arguing about it now is a waste of time. Better to spend time arguing about where the story goes from here.

Time to wake the story forums up. Time to move on.

Pha! But what about the victims of Taurajo and Dalaran, witnesses to the night elf espionage, the faction justifying the explosion of Theoamor, and the invaders of Lordaeron?
Everything is spinning in place and there is only one spot.

Frost Trolls, Dwarf Archaeologists. Maybe I’ll remember something else. Unlikely.

Good sir I’ll have you know there was a tauren in Bastion! It is a tauren zone because of that 1 dude.

1 Like

No idea what you meant by that imma be honest

But I have to say, she would have saved Ardenwaeld anyway, because she came to defeat Sylvanas, I admit, she didn’t come for Ardenwaeld and if Sylvanas had never been there, she wouldn’t have been there either, but at least I can say, it would have been done in such a case.

Ardenwaeld would be defended from her in such a case.

Wouldn’t that be the happy ending? That can be quite satisfying

These are the main topics of discussion, more or less regularly discussed on the forum.

No no, you were thinking of:
Tel’drassil
No vengeance for the nelves
Sylvanas
Horde Bad
Alliance needs to be darker
Anduin

I did not ask if it was a happy ending, I asked if it was good storytelling. Happy endings are very rarely good storytelling. Happy endings are for children’s bedtime tales.

Or Anduin-kun

The first two themes can be combined. The fourth and fifth are consuming my lists. The third and sixth are most likely included in the third and fourth.

Development of the characters of the Horde. Blackening the Alliance.

Look up what the most talked about threads in the forums are right now, my list is a much better representation I guarantee you

1 Like

Are you talking about topic titles? Or what they become?

True, but you also asked if it would be satisfactory.

For good storytelling we would have to be able to get back into an area where nuance exists, now we’re dealing with absolutisms and ultimately - and if I as an author write a character who does things like Sylvanas did - it’s with the ulterior motive of making him truly evil and as an obstacle to overcome.

You want more nuance, a good story, then we’d have to get to a point where Sylvanas’ reasons are really weighted enough to be even APPROXIMATELY understandable.

Because “I have such a terrible fate after death and that’s why I take everyone with me” is not an argument for sympathy, on the contrary.

Standard false dichotomies. How convenient. Kinda like Blizzard’s usual routes of storytelling.
In a good story, Tyrande could still get vengeance, lose her life in the process, save the night elf souls and be revered as a hero in death, but also joining her people in Ardenweald.
Or she could not die, but continue on a vengeful isolationist path towards anyone who so much as passes near her borders. A hawkish Tyrande fuelling a faction conflict.
Or she could sacrifice her night warrior power to end Sylvanas and return to Kalimdor as a non-leader but lose her rage in the process.
There are several paths to take besides the outcomes you presented.

The Kaldorei have no shortage of threats just because Sylvanas is dead. The enemy faction that rampaged through their lands is still alive at their borders. “Night elves do not suffer anymore” is a false extrapolation.

Might as well not post on the SF if you’re not allowed to criticise the story.

3 Likes

Either and both.

This thread is mostly “Tel’drassil/night elves”
The two big Horde threads right now turned into Horde bad the second some people read them

1 Like

That’s not a good answer. If you’re saying that the Night Elf experience sucks that bad, then something clearly needs to change.