(SPOILERS) 9.1 Tyrande Cinematic

but you where wrong, you said there wouldnt be cinematics

No, that isn’t true. You’re also aware that this isn’t true, because this point has been clarified to you several times.

It is not reasonable to assume that people replying to you in a single thread are keeping track of every other thread that might be even remotely related on this forum. People have limited amounts of time, and expecting someone to go outside of the current thread to do their homework on other discussions going on is not reasonable. If you have a specific discussion going on with another poster(s) across multiple threads, fine, but don’t then claim that you’re sticking to the OP topic, because by definition you are not.

As I stated, the information needed to derive the context exists in this thread, and was discussed in this thread.

The context of the other thread existing was mentioned, yes. Yet still, the first post in this thread did not at all mention the topic of satisfaction, and out of the five replies to the first post, only one (Baalsamael’s) discussed anything resembling artistic merit or satisfaction. That was brought in later, not as part of the OP topic. Like I said, I’m nitpicking.

I mean, specifically in a way to transform my position from what it is into something that the usual suspects can go after, yes. But again, I do have to reference post 10. The conversation is not simply about existence but content.

What WOULD be something that would constitute what I’m looking for? Some kind of follow-up cinematic that satisfactorily explains the conclusion of the ritual - and when evidence of such a thing is out, we can then evaluate that instead of simply what we have.

I’m genuinely curious, do you have have any predictions or speculation to make about the three encrypted cinematics and what they might be? I personally enjoy trying to piece together clues and making guesses about content before it’s revealed just to see how near the mark I can get, and I enjoy seeing what other people think will happen based on the same clues. I figure that we won’t get those full cinematics until at least patch launch, and we probably won’t get much in the way of hints about what they are aside from occasional bit pieces used in marketing, so until that point I might as well enjoy the speculation. I’ve already made my case for what I think is likely. Do you have a different hypothesis?

I’m wary of speculating on the specifics of content in cinematics beyond the most basic story beats that we have other hints of, because I am not particularly good at guessing how a particular event will be dramatized, even if I know most of what is going to happen. For example, the 9.0 leveling campaign through Ardenweald made it clear that Ysera was going to come back as a character even without the cinematic in place, and that the cinematic was going to show her coming back, but even knowing that I couldn’t have predicted the exact way in which that event would be shown. Likewise, even if I had rock solid proof of a cinematic showing the Night Warrior ritual here and knowledge of the story beats it contained, I wouldn’t be able to predict what that would actually look like, let alone whether or not it would be satisfying to anyone; I simply don’t have enough knowledge about that medium of storytelling and how it is made for me to make more than vague guesses. Therefore, I am generally content to stick to speculating about where the cinematics take place in the story. Other people may wish to speculate on what the cinematics might look like and whether they will be satisfying, and that’s fine, it’s just not something I usually do personally.

1 Like

I saw this earlier, but just now thought of something that may be relevant. The Night Warrior is an avatar of Elune, correct? Is it possible that being such an avatar would give her access to the waystones? For that matter, have we gotten any more reasoning on exactly why the player character can use them? On second thought, maybe don’t answer that, my brain already hurts.

Why did you avoid linking the player tattoos and unarmored NPCs like Silgryn?
https ://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/File:Silgryn.jpg

Also, obviously it doesn’t look just like them, but it is very similar in design. Certainly more similar than that druid armor you linked.

Speculation concerning Night Elf matters is a depressing exercise for me. I’m conditioned to expect the worst, because from my perspective, and ever since Cataclysm, that’s what I’ve gotten. I prefer to lay out what the issues are with the current content, and structure my commentary around suggestions for improvement.

Were I to speculate, I’d look at what the apparent objectives of the writers are, and tie that to what I know already. What I know is that they are trying to prevent the Horde from facing serious consequences for Teldrassil - they have recognized that Sylvanas is a popular character and are teasing a partial or potential redemption - and they overall have been pursuing a theme suggesting that vengeance is bad, but selectively towards Night Elf vengeance specifically. These things do not lead me to good or satisfying predictions, and Blizzard’s track record with the Night Elves doesn’t inspire confidence either.

My critics call that doomerism, I call it data. Do I want it? No. Am I certain that Blizzard will screw us over again? No. But if I were to place a bet? That’s where it would be.

On the cinematics themselves - with Tyrande’s return I could predict that Tyrande will in some way interfere with Sylvanas’s invasion, but ultimately be defeated or corrupted in some fashion that the ritual is intended to correct. As for the the possible second cinematic - I just don’t know. I don’t know if it will exist at all, or if it will present something meaningful as opposed to say, another vague tease that the characters know about, but isn’t presented in a clear manner to players.

2 Likes

You know, MOST of the stuff you mentiod…is his armor…not a tatoo…and he´s there, look above…in the first picture, the left one at the botton.

Pretty sure that’s supposed to be runic tattoos considering he gets actual armor in the next patch.

As I said, you linked images where the armor covers up the tattoos. I can put armor on Tyrande’s shoulders too.

His only real Tatoos are on his chest and on his arms, nothing more, the rest is simple a armor, not a Tatoo.

The runic things I’m talking about, visually similar in design to Tyrande’s tattoos/runes are not armor. But it is hard to tell the intent. How does it matter whether it’s part of the armor or not?

They don’t look similar at all…

1 Like

The stuff on his shoulder, the stuff arround his helm

is an amor, not a Tatoo.

His only tatoos are on his chest and on his arms. you see different nightborne wearing such shoulders and helms.

here, if you want to compare, its not an tatoo, its an armor, so stop talking about this, nw tyrande take nothing away from the nightborne…

Okay, anyway, how does it matter whether it’s part of the armor or not? Still similar in design to Tyrande. Which is what I said initially that they look nightborne-ish. Obviously they aren’t perfect matches.
Tyrande almost looks like a nightborne.

Not the implication, but whatever,

Where do you see that she looks like a Nightborne? Because she’s wearing star motifs and moon motifs, surprise, that’s the oldest NIGHTELF theme thats exist.

2 Likes

One thing that I noticed which others may not have discussed is that it looks like she has stars on her forehead.

Minor thing, but I wanted to mention. The tattoos seem to be a sort of bordering to another kind of scheme going on with her head.

Thank you for replying, truly. I realize I more often argue with you rather than agree when I interact with you on the forums, and I’m not always the kindest about it, but I do value that you took the time to respond.

I am sorry that you find speculation depressing, and that Night Elf material has been so unsatisfying for you. I can’t know what it’s like to have been disappointed in content for so long, simply because I haven’t been playing as long, as I didn’t start playing WoW until Legion prepatch. I truly do hope that there is something for you to enjoy in 9.1. I don’t want Blizzard to just go “vengeance is bad” with Tyrande and ignore justice for the Kaldorei, especially in regards to Sylvanas. Personally, as a Horde main who has been strongly disappointed in the choices Blizzard has made regarding Sylvanas, I would much rather see them fully commit to her being a villain and facing the consequences of that villainy than any sort of short-term redemption or justification for her at this point.

It looks like she has a crescent moon floating over her forehead as well, it’s partially visible in some of the screen shots. Something that stood out to me is that her skin tone has changed; the lower half of her face is her normal skin tone while the parts underneath the tattoos/markings are a darker purple. It made me think of an eclipse.

2 Likes