(SPOILERS) 9.1 Tyrande Cinematic

And yet they evacuated far too few. And in the teldrassil quest, we could also only rescue a handful. Just like we could only rescue a small portion from the maw.

I don’t know why they would make half the ritual an ingame cutscene, and the other half a pre rendered one.

If the other half WAS a pre rendered one, it would be missing the first part of the ritual. This is just unrealistic.

My first guess would be as a time and cost-saving measure. Push off the less-important stuff like Lady Moonberry fretting and Tyrande simply floating there as in-game actions with a controlled camera, and then make sure they line up at the start of the “real” cutscene to follow.

1 Like

Ethriel you have an unhealthy relationship with the game. You need to seek help.

4 Likes

I’m holding my doubts about that. I also think the second part would be lackluster without the start of the ritual.

I need to see positive night elf development.

1 Like

Short of straight up retconning the game lore and making night elves beat the Horde by themselves without the help of the Alliance…what do you consider “positive development”?

I guarantee you if they gave you all of that tailor made…which they wouldn’t, you’d STILL be angry. You’ve been angry for 11 years apparently.

1 Like

That’s a bet you’d lose. Obviously I’m not going to be happy with getting nothing but more misery.

Nope, about 3 years.

It literally isn’t. Their story is ongoing as of right now.

They did not.

Then it’s a good thing they also got settlements in Hyjal, Feralas, Val’sharah, Felwood, and Moonglade.

Lol, “too few” for what?! They retook Darkshore with only their enhanced manpower, and some assistance from the Gilneans and the PC.

She’s alive right now and there isn’t a single solitary death flag for her in sight. In fact we just prevented her from dying to the Night Warrior power, something that all the others were unsuccessful at doing.

Just in case you refuse to use the link I left above;

After the Fourth War, Nordrassil has become a temporary home for the night elves following the destruction of Teldrassil

They have enough people to reclaim Darkshore with only a token amount of assistance.

And routed the Horde army out of Darkshore, killed one of Sylvanas’ Val’kyr, overwhelmed beings capable of subduing one of the most powerful people on Azeroth, and survived for an extensive period in the Maw mowing down the Jailers minions like so many stalks of grass.

Oh, and yeah, that too tho.

Tyrande Whisperwind: Thank you, child… but I nearly did. I was so consumed by the fires of vengeance that I was blind to the ashes at our feet.
Tyrande Whisperwind: I see now that while many of our people desire retribution, what we need most is renewal.

You mean this dialogue here that doesn’t even remotely imply that she’s giving up justice? You do realize she can have both justice and renewal, right? I mean, unless you just don’t want them to rebuild after SL, which makes sense for you cuz you never seem to want a constructive outcome for them anyways to further promote your doomsaying.

Do you have quotes from the writers and the story that directly allude to any of this, or you just making this all up again?

We’re not talking about MoP, we’re talking about RIGHT NOW and they were not given Ashenvale, yet another fabrication of yours.

Author of the book confirms my “assumption” therefore making it actually correct, unlike yours.

Imagine believing that in-game values actually reflect upon the lore. If that were the case, less than 200 NPCs actually died in the burning.

You are right because……

I swear, do you even proofread how absurd you sound. You think you’re right based of your incredibly half-baked accounts on what has already happened in the story, so now you can see the future?

1 Like

The issue is that I know you wouldn’t be.

And if you say how, the same way that you “know” Sylvanas is gonna get redeemed of her crimes and rejoin the Horde as their warchief. The difference is that my assumption is reasonable, that you wouldn’t be happy.

Misery to you has a very wide umbrella, including things that haven’t even occurred yet. You’re like the world’s most pessimistic precog.

You’ve spent all this time making thread after thread, commenting the same stock “oh, I bet they’ll kill Night Elves” response everywhere you find, trying to get the world to know how sad you are. Congratulations. We know you’re upset. You know what though?

Who cares?

5 Likes

Yea, the last few sparks of hope are being taken out. Like their souls that were obliterated and the justice that was denied. And obviously the lands that they’ll never get back.

They didn’t what? Lose the zones? Yes they did.

" After the Fourth War, Nordrassil has become a temporary home for the night elves following the destruction of Teldrassil "
Where is this mentioned in the book? Because I have seen nothing else than the meeting there.

Seemingly not enough to matter, or to indicate that there aren’t “far too few” left anymore.

Yea, and it took them until pre patch. They must’ve died then because there’s no way they’d just give up on Ashenvale and let the Horde keep it.

Except being a Night Elf, and every Night Elf needs to be dead according to Blizzard. And since that’s not enough, they also need to be tortured and obliterated in the maw, and the one who did that has to be glorified.

Yea, this is the questline where some were obliterated in the maw, and we saved 80. We saved 10-20 more in quests after that. That’s around 10% of those that died in Teldrassil alone
And we also saved those remaining 10-20 from the place where souls are forged into weapons, if that’s not a hint, then what is?

They don’t have enough people to reclaim Ashenvale, yet the Horde only could muster around 40 (I think it was?) soldiers?
That should tell you enough about the state of the Night Elf military.

And yet no sight of Ashenvale. The Val’kyr turned out irrelevant because it never mattered, and farmers have killed one in the past.

It pretty heavily implies that there won’t be any justice seen for Teldrassil, especially since she’s benched for the Sylvanas raid.

How? How are the souls that were obliterated in the maw going to rebuild? With the Horde still in their zones too, and their home being a neutral zone with Horde members there.

I have “A Good War” for Ashenvale.
I have several Interviews of writers saying that Sylvanas is not evil, and that her redemption will be nuanced. We also have her talking about justice in the raid encounter, and we have a canon story about how her soul is split and how she’ll be absolved of all crimes through this. She’s even portrayed as the victim despite all the atrocities she commited.

I mean the Horde was given Ashenvale in the sense of them conquering it, and the Night Elves never getting it back.

But that also means that they’ll never get a new capital city. I don’t see how Hyjal can be their home with Horde members present there that want to see them gone from Kalimdor.
Obviously I’d be wrong about this specific thing then, since the few Night Elves are in fact in Hyjal now, but that still doesn’t mean that they have a safe home now. The handful that are left.

Nope, the exact number was 982. Those we saved were around 100.

Yes, because it’s always the worst and most disrespectful outcome for Night Elves. See the Sylvanas getting away with it, Night Elves not getting anything back zone wise and their zones being obliterated.

Yea, again. It will never happen because the Night Elves will never get positive development, so I don’t have a reason to be happy.

Man… this thread… some people have a lot of free time on their hands.

1 Like

Blizzard has done this before recently, with the cinematic at the end of the Ny’alotha raid starting off with an in-game cut scene to show the player character blasting N’Zoth before switching to pre-rendered footage for the actual destruction of N’Zoth and Ny’alotha. Whether or not one thinks that was a particularly effective way of using both techniques together is another matter entirely, but there’s definitely recent precedent for doing it.

I have no idea about how much cost and time each method takes compared to each other, but I think it’s worth remembering that due to the nature of how each is made, only in-game cut scenes can include the player character as part of the action. In this particular case the player character does seem to be involved (the figure in Venthyr transmog in the foreground at the beginning of the cut scene is a player character). Including the player character seemed to be the main reason why the first part of the Ny’alotha cinematic wasn’t pre-rendered, and also was probably a factor in why the escape from the Maw in the introduction scenario, even with its more detailed Anduin model and lip-syncing, was still an in-game cut scene rather than a pre-rendered cinematic. I believe the player character is supposed to be actively involved in the ritual here rather than just observing if I remember what I’ve read correctly, so that may be part of the reason Blizzard opted for an in-game cut scene here.

1 Like

That doesn’t necessarily mean the story needs to be a happy one. Blizzard story have thus far always ended on a “we won but usually at great and with alot of things destroyed but at least we get to fight another day”. I mean just look at Diablo or Starcraft or Overwatch.

Heck, Overwatch wont actually be a thing until OW 2.

Well, but if it’s about a playable race, it should have a happy ending in some way atleast.

The souls being tortured and obliterated after having all been burned alive… like really?

For the Night Elves it’s “We lost with everything destroyed and our people killed and thus don’t get to fight another day or even move on from what happened”.

and untreated mental illness and an evident unwillingness to go to therapy in general lol

3 Likes

Not all the souls were obliterated and hence part of the whole we get to fight another day. We are saving them and the winter queen even mention how each soul we save is a blessing.

A good chunk of the night elves escaped.

This has happened with the humans(Stormwind burned)
The gnomes(irradiation of Gnomeragan)
THe draenei(both their exile from Argus and Shattrath)
The people of Theramore.

Heck, even starcraft 1 ends with Meghk leader of the terrans, Raynor an outlaw and the Protoss barely escaping Aiur. It took a decade before they got back their home planet!

1 Like

And the Sin’Dorei (90 percent of their population to the Scourge). And the Darkspear (and I haven’t a clue how they still have people left at this point). And the MU Orcs. And the AU Orcs (the most recent in that “near extinction level event” lineup). Even the Bilgewater! And pretty sure if THEY can overcome Kezan and the Undermine being blown up by a Volcano; the survivors of Kezan being enslaved and their slave ship blown up by the Alliance; and the survivors of the Yacht fighting through 2 death islands and being enslaved on another exploding Volcano … pretty sure the NEs will be just fine as a race in this game.

EDIT: Oh! And the Kalimdor Tauren too (the Centaurs)!

7 Likes

Most of them, and the souls aren’t able to fight either unless they’re revived.

Guess that’s because we only save so few.

None of those other races had 3 zones of theirs taken away and wiped out, and then obliterated in the maw. None of those races also had their genocide glorified and the ones responsible fully get away with it.

Not if the writers don’t want them to be. This is obvious with them getting none of their zones back, no new home and generally nothing positive at all. Also no justice of course.