[Spoiler]Judgement of Sylvanas

Also, The Shatterspear betrayed the Kaldorei twice now. First in Cata, then again in BfA.

At that point, I don’t care if you were born there or not. You are a threat to my family.

8 Likes

Okay, so you want the Night Elves to kick them out?

Admittedly, even Exploring Kalimdor said that the Shadowspear trolls are actually completely cut off now, and only really those who are for peace have survived at all…point is halt.night elves are pseudo immortal…trolls on the other hand - if they migrated here 1000 years ago, who remembers a treaty your ancestor made 1000 years ago, hrmm?

Yes.

They literally participated in the genocide of the Night Elves, them still being in Darkshore is a huge insult

2 Likes

Why would you need too? The giant kingdom of elves next door that could wipe you out in an afternoon, but hadn’t in the last 1000 years, leaving you to your peace.

Why attack them? TWICE?

Wouldn’t you?

1 Like

Because circumstances can change a lot in a thousand years, now this is no defence of the Shatterspear’s decision, but the Cataclysm is also said to have absolutely destroyed their valley, and the Horde offers them an easy way out in their time of need.

At least they thought so, but the fact that they are still there is really stupid.

I am not sure being asked to attack the vastly more powerful elven nation next door that has only ever been kind to you is an “Easy way out”

I would sooner look to my more immediate neighbors for help.

And that is a problem with WoW world building in general.

The Horde and the Alliance as basically ethnostates, and 99% of people in the world are motivated primarily by racism. When in reality, it would be far more practical for the Shatterspear to be Kaldorei Allies.

But Blizz thinks “Trolls should be with trolls”

11 Likes

I don’t want to argue about this anymore.

I don’t think we have anything in common. I think we would do different things pretty much all the time.

1 Like

One can only hope. Removing Banshee Sylvanas from the story and freeing Ranger General Sylvanas from her would be the best outcome.

2 Likes

we know for an fact that the night elves ignored the shatterspears…the agreement was one of a mutual ignoring

1 Like

So you would allow someone who has attacked you twice to just hang out in your backyard?

Which is pretty chill, considering how Night Elves tend to treat trespassers.

1 Like

Uh what makes people think that Sylvanas won’t be part of the story anymore?

Tyrande forgiving her is a huge implication that she can just go back to Azeroth and do whatever she wants.

Although we have seen Renautus hold onto that possibility, I don’t think a significant number of people believe that will happen.

2 Likes

I absolutely know it will happen.

Tyrande won’t bring Sylvanas to justice, we know that. She’ll just forgive her and Night Elves can’t have anything positive happen to them and Sylvanas can’t have anything negative happen to her.
Either Sylvanas gets put into a position of being untouchable and being able to thrive or she will just return to Azeroth as if nothing happened.

2 Likes

I think I am on Ethriel’s side on this one.

We all know Blizz is going to try and tie everything up in a nice pretty bow, completely disconnected to what their fans actually want.

1 Like

That’s been fairly obvious from the get go. Many of us were saying that long before SL hit beta

1 Like

Blizzard is quite disgusting. They care mostly about high-end content and the cash shop, because that’s what makes them the most money.

Blizzard stopped caring about player numbers a while ago, and that’s why they are even affording to pay a writing team to drive the Night Elf Players away from the game just because they don’t like them.

They’re not trying to drive you away on purpose. No company does that. They just don’t put effort. Criticize Blizzard all you want, but I see no reason to make things like that up.

Nope, they are trying to be intentionally cruel to Night Elf players, that’s why they have the souls of the night elves tortured and obliterated after already killing them once. That after giving us hope that they could maybe be freed at the start of the expansion…
Things like those serve no purpose in the story other than being cruel to night elf fans

1 Like