[Spoiler]Judgement of Sylvanas

I would be careful about calling others snakes, you attacked me simply because I said you been wrong about the lore before.

I never said that.

Of everybody I have had disagreements with on here, you are one of the more cordial and genuine ones. I can respect that even if we don’t see eye to eye on most things.

Oh hey, look at that. Something we agree on.

5 Likes

If it’s not you then please be an ally and help us uncover who is sending these rape and death threats, because it’s someone in your circle of influence. I wish I could say the same to Grandblade but he’s ignoring me.

We can’t stop this person without your help.

Do you know anyone from the EU forums who it might be?

No, I said you have no spine. I stand by that, too, no big deal. But I know what she wrote, and I have read it, just had no more Bock the WE to answer. But…you were infact wrong about the lore. But i don´t call you out because you were wrong about the lore, but about not having a spine to stand up for your own position.

1 Like

in my circle of Influence, because a german is…involved? you know, its exist over 80 Million Germans, how should i influence some unknown guy writing deathtreats about a GAME…uff, and i expect a real sorry…this was so low from you…so low…and now you even act like nothing happened.

4 Likes

Wasn’t Baal accused of sending weird subject matter to people’s DM’s over twitter? And doesn’t he have a history of making false accusations of people’s behavior on there too?

1 Like

you know, the difference here is that someone sends him threats, it was even said by Baal already, although we do not often agree, there she was present…read it and even liked it…that it is not me, that I always talk to him purely about Lore, and I do, here…as well as on Twitter, my twitter-acc is a wow - acc that I use for this, real life has nothing to do with it and is strictly separated from this accounts.

It’s not about what baal does, that’s not my beer, but that I’m accused of death threats and rape threats and racist crap to pull off…that’s lowest drawer, if you know exactly…that I’m not. It’s simple, or not?

1 Like

I think that makes the point, actually.

Changing the gender means it is all written differently.

Can you imagine Arthas saying: “This Ranger man vexes me.

No, it would have been: “This Ranger vexes me.

So, why pick a female, and make the linguistic choice of making that stand out…?

3 Likes

If something’s wrong, no point in defending it. That’s not being spineless, it’s just not dying on a hill that’s wrong

It’s a concept that’s apparently foreign around here

If Sylvanas were a male sexual assault allegory, (there are actually a couple of male sexual assault victims in WoW, that I can think of) then I think the most likely reaction would be player homophobia. They played Corpsegrinder’s video in 2011.

4 Likes

What was wrong with Sylvanas seemingly getting away with the second genocide, what was wrong with leading her to justice? What was wrong with that? I mean, honestly, the things that make you seem spineless…in that you twist and turn are actually very…objective things to record, it’s more about facts than opinions?

And now comes immediately again the answer “If you do not understand that then”, right?

1 Like

I do wonder if the original intention for Warcraft was to have more rooted gender roles.

Your post made me think of a scene from Game of Thrones, where someone called Brieanne of Tarth “Woman” so she in turned calls him “Man”

It makes sense in that setting because Brianne being a female knight was unusual in the setting. So the distinction of “Woman” made sense for the character. And her response to him was communicating to the audience that misogyny is widespread and normalize in this setting.

So, I do wonder if that was the case in WC3. The only female units in the human faction are elves, and then they were support and control casters rather than combat units.

In fact, the only female combat units in the entire game are elves. Which could imply that Elven societies don’t have the same gender roles in place, or they are less established than in human societies.

It makes me wonder if that was the intention, or the dialogue is a manifestation of the author’s own bias?

1 Like

Someone who was a friend of yours told me it wasn’t you and I believed them and deleted the comment and the accustation.

What was her first genocide?

You know from baal personally…that it wasn´t me…baal and you and i have the same conversation almost an month ago.

oh , sorry, her third genocide, if you count the humans of Lordaeron (The remaining one)
then…gilneas?

4 Likes

I’m sorry I doubted you.

3 Likes

I appreciate that, Aki. I regret getting involved in past drama with you.

1 Like

thank you, Okay, so now we can go back to the lore and the more fun stuff. With this words, this incident is out of the world.

1 Like

The remaining humans in lordaeron I would consider that just being smart and securing forsaken territory.

Gilneas I always consider a attempted genocide when a biological weapon was used to kill as many as she could

I’m talking about the Humans in Hilsbrand, I’m talking about Southshore, about the actions that the Forsaken - now excluding the Crusade - did against the peasants in Hilsbrand, in Southshoore, killing Garithos was a good thing, but almost wiping out his whole army right away…that was the death blow for the Lordaeronians, and they have just as much right to Lordaeron, their home from birth, as the Forsaken.

Attempting genocide means you try something but fail, but had that as a goal. Jaina for example, attempted an genocide by flooding orgrimmar.

A genocide is when you really strike out and have a goal to deliberately wipe out ethnic group/a race/certain people, that can be said in Gilneas, and also in Lordaeron. (And later on, of course in the entire WOT-Campaign)

2 Likes