[Spoiler]Judgement of Sylvanas

What gave you that idea?

I don’t think we’ve ever had a positive interaction.

I wouldn’t really call our interactions negative either. You always delete your rude posts…

I wish you would delete your rude posts, but then you wouldn’t have any posts at all.

6 Likes

I mean, I guess that further proves my point about how you shouldn’t care…

Considering how a good number of them are directed at me, I think I have more reason to care than most.

They are not rude. They are just inconvenient for you.

3 Likes

First: Every person viewing a story can, and in some way will, come to their own conclusion and view of it. That is part of individuality.

Yet, with events, here we are. For me, the ship has sailed, and I have finalized my own views of Blizzard’s team and work culture.

I commented in the Arbiter thread about the concepts conveying things about the back of the mind of the writers. And I view this subject as also doing so.

20 years of character arc, written by multiple people, across multiple forms of media, have all made a choice to use language and concepts with an SA/SV meta.
That precludes another reading for me; it was the desired communication.

The grotesque extension of that arc into a “becomes abuser” thread solidifies, for me, that it was intended as that same meta.

That is also my complaint from another thread: Making Sylvanas the problem woman. Their PTR cinematic reinforces, for me, that their cultural thought-process has led them there.

They’re currently not showing where they think this ends, but, I think they have made a terrible mistake, and the only good out is an out-of-story writer’s apology.
I do not expect one, they’re so stewed in their own problems they don’t even know they’re there.

The now known element that Jaina was the initial script character to kill and raise, given the character history with Arthas, further locks my own view.

Blizzard turned WoT into a cat-fight between Tyrande and Sylvanas. They spun Sylvanas as “corrupting” Anduin - plotting us all into how the Fair Haired Prince is the real key who must be purified. Blizzard, we’re here because of a Fair Haired Prince, what precisely, do you all think you’re saying - this is a meta-narrative disaster.

The Blizzard avoidance of a certain word, which would impact their rating, does not give us anything of meaning.

5 Likes

The comment I deleted wasn’t in response to you, and had nothing to do with you, I assure you. I was toxic to you in the past, and apologized before. You weren’t in the thread for a while.

Oh great, another Smollz.

“I’m not rude, it’s just your interpretation.”

2 Likes

I wondered why you deleted it, it was a good post, was it because you quoted Grandblade?

He’s not in the thread. You mean Smallioz.

2 Likes

I thought that may be the reason. Though knowing Grandblade he loves the free publicity.

You quoted a tweet from Grandblade did you not?

I think I’ve only talked to Grandblade one time. I deleted it cause I didn’t want to start that discussion.

1 Like

Fair enough. Grandblade still floats around here and he seems to read threads and not comment on them. I saw nothing wrong in you quoting his Tweet.

I never said it was… But previous ones have been lol.

I was just giving you a hard time, dude. You really don’t need to over think this.

So it seems you have a habit of this?

Oh, you’re thinking of another post on another thread. I also didn’t want to start that discussion either lol.

1 Like

sudden thought- how differently would all this be perceived if Sylvanas’ character had been male? changing nothing else, a windrunner, ranger general, Nathanos’ sponsor, all that

1 Like

I think the character would be more hated, though you would still have the edgelords.

The majority of the fanbase are horny gamer boys who are into goth ice queens, and next psudo-feminists who think she is some kind of pro-woman icon, ironically being one of the most sexist characters in the franchise.

Take that away from her and all you are left with is the edge.

3 Likes

So you don’t like me then lol. That’s fine. I’m just saying you probably didn’t want to hear what I had to say anyway. If you’re curious, it was a post about how Blizzard constantly having female characters forgive their abusers was poor optics.

That’s worth its weight in gold right now. You want to blame others after you accused me of stalking Baal, write death threats, just because I do not let you get away with your behavior and your false statements?

That’s really sugar right now. And FYI, do you know why you were a false snake just then because YOU knew exactly that Baal has already said that it’s not ME.

I thought long and hard about pretending I didn’t read it, but honestly…such falsehood is just…Unbearable.

and you only deleted it because some people shout out to you …bah…disgusting behavior…

3 Likes