[Spoiler]Judgement of Sylvanas

That’s fair and you aren’t wrong. Lord knows there been plenty of times where my own passion got the better of me and I ended up posting wrong stuff :wolf:

4 Likes

I’m not even sure what this means, but it seems to confirm what I felt.

Our discourse was never approached from a desire to honestly engage in discourse because you don’t know me?

I didn’t ask for any personal information, didn’t attack your position at all but in fact even highlighted that it had validity and why it had validity.

I don’t know what how well we know each other has to do with open and honest discourse, but it seems that if you never intended to engage in it irrespective of how the person you were engaging in discourse with holds themself - then what was the point in engaging at all?

That’s not engaging in discussion, that’s just telling others what you believe. Which is fine, but like I said it would be more balanced not to imply that those who don’t share your belief are wrong. You can frame it in such a way that highlights that it’s how you personally feel about it.

4 Likes

To be fair, you could make the same statement to me as well. I don’t think there’s anything to indicate you know my level of education.

1 Like
1 Like

I have a question for you. Do you think that Genn would have given mercy to Sylvanas if she had explained why she needed the lamp? Or do you think at that point he was just too blinded by hate to even consider she possibly didn’t have nefarious world ending intentions with it?

I always wondered if Sylvanas may have been treated differently if she was less secretive about her goals. Do you think it would have made a difference?

Honestly? Considering how he blamed the Broken Shore, his sons death and Varians death on her?

Genn was out for blood and he was going to get it from Sylvanas regardless of her intentions. He wasn’t blind by anger, he was full of anger and had set his sights on Sylvanas, damn the conquences of his actions

Which I completely understand mind you. I just dont think he thought it through

2 Likes

I really wish they had used the mirror technology of Bastion to show the Alliance what happened at the Broken Shore and that Sylvanas didn’t betray them. I feel like that could go along way in her redemption. The fact that Genn isnt even in Shadowlands at all when this deals with the potential redemption of his arch nemesis is again, another place where Shadowlands drops the ball.

If Sylvanas does go back to Azeroth instead of staying in the Shadowlands, how will her new redeemed state affect her personal vendetta with Genn. Will our opinions shift to him now being the one out of line if he continues to attack her without provocation?

I feel like this could offer some interesting plot points down the road if Blizzard really does intend to villain bat the Alliance this time.

Genn not being in SL was a mistake, that I agree. But I feel like blizz is pivoting Genn away from being a warmonger, when he showed some sympathy for the forsaken.

As far as how would he react to RG Sylvanas? I don’t know, I can see him suggesting keeping tabs on her incase she’s a wolf in sheeps clothing.

But I can also see Genn turning a blind eye to allowing say Ivar or Darius to antagonize her and her people.

3 Likes

See that’s why I don’t think the peace will be a long term goal for the Alliance. The Alliance is justifiably upset and I don’t think that Tyrande’s NW arc should end here. I was hoping that they would have Tyrande and Genn break off as a hostile antagonistic group which targets the Horde. I could see Sylvanas essentially going on the run after Shadowlands.

I think they are moving her out of the way because they are going to continue villain batting Alleria and Turalyon in preparation for the future Light vs Void expansion. Jaina and Alleria have bad blood, and Talanji is just itching for revenge against Jaina, in the near future Jaina may find herself with enemies on two sides. What if Derek lets slip to Calia from Jaina that Alleria has a Forsaken captive they were torturing.

The Alliance currently has a forsaken PoW (which breaks the peace treaty) in SW, once news about that gets wind to Lillian and Calia there might be renewed tension between the Forsaken and the Alliance… there’s so much story about to unfold.

1 Like

Genn will seemingly be at the scene where Sylvanas is judged, so we’ll probably get his taken on it.

As for Legion, I think the only person who could have held Genn back was Varian.

2 Likes

Thrall and Talanji sent Sira to Tyrande. Pretty safe to assume Voss and Calia know. And given Maiev and Shandris’ pleas for mercy for Sira she might not even be in Stormwind any more.

Not talking about Sira, The Forsaken don’t care about Sira Moonwarden. (You can have Sira Moonwarden back, she’s nuts) I’m talking about the Apothecary Alleria and Turalyon tortured and threw in the Stockades for standing up for the orc woman and her kids, In Shadows Rising.

Apothecary Cotley is his name, I just looked it up. He seems like a good man. Undeserving of the treatment he received at the hands of Alleria and Turalyon.

1 Like

Who is willing to bet that this will never be brought up again and or any character would care?

Cotley will probably be as remembered by Blizzard as Morka and Hiamo from A Good War are.

2 Likes

…Or Helya’s bargain with Sylvanas.

4 Likes

Standing up for that orc mother and her child was a pretty noble thing to do. I thought alleria torturing the mother for info was really unnecessary

2 Likes

Cotley is also not likely in Stormwind any more, as Anduin ordered for him to be freed.

3 Likes

Speaking of bargains, what was the bargain with Sylvanas, Azshara, Knifu and Nzoth in the end?
A lot of hype and it just kind of fizzled out.

Sylvanas gave Azshara the knife in exchange for the trap to destroy the remaining Zandalari and Kul’Tiran fleets in hopes of killing the heroes that were onboard the ships that stood against her.

1 Like

It is likely that Thrall leads Tyrande to Sylvanas, which has Tyrande thank Thrall before attacking Sylvanas.

1 Like