[Spoiler]Judgement of Sylvanas

I feel that we’ve reached an agreement that I’m completely satisfied with; its really nice chatting with you again.

I have never made that point : )

Oh absolutely 100% agree. It’ll be hard for anyone to counter that point. After she found out Sautfang failed it was over for Teldrassil, no more systematically collecting their souls.

1 Like

I wonder if part of the reason the first target was the night elves (beyond the meta narrative Worf effect) was because of their tendency to become wisps when they die and linger instead of passing to the afterlife directly. So they’d need to be dealt with early to allow plenty of opportunities for wisps to sacrifice themselves before most night elves could be useful to the plan.

1 Like

This is the one thing I find is the hot issue here.
We know what she intended right? Her ultimate goal… so why use an excuse like this?
Surely this was for the Horde player’s and Horde characters benefit at the time…

Like imagine Horde leaders marching into her throne room and demanding an explanation. She had to have a reason… she can’t certainly tell them the truth so she had to spin it a different way.

The only way that your theory is correct is if killing Malfurion would have ended in even more deaths than Teldrassil would have… and I very much doubt that.

Feeling is mutual.

I also think it was because Sylvanas needed to secure the loyalty of the Horde to win Stormwind and what better way to do that than by attacking the long standing enemy of the orcs, Tauren, and goblins on Kalimdor. They are the most influential Horde races on Kalimdor.

Also I think she learned a painful lesson at gilneas too. Not to attack an enemy when they know you’re coming. Burning teldrassil was a way to draw most of stormwinds army away, at least that seems plausible to me

1 Like

I think so too. at the time the Alliance had a fleet but the Horde didn’t. Her and Saurfang strategized that the best way to attack Stormwind was by the docks, but the problem was the Alliance fleet would be problematic if trying to attack stormwind directly. Attacking Teldrassil would force Stormwind to move the Alliance fleet out of the harbor and that’s how the Horde was later able to rescue Zul and Talanji and lure the remaining ships to destruction in Zandalar.

It all makes sense, there’s a very coherent story. a Horde stike team was able to inflitrate Stormwind in the first war campaign mission because the attack on Teldrassil sent Alliance ships to offer aid. BFA was narratively really good, it was just boring.

1 Like

You don’t need an entire fleet to guard against a prison heist.
None of what you described has any semblance of logic.

Hello Steve.

2 Likes

delusion is your strongest suit isn’t it?

2 Likes

Imagine saying this about BFA.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Btw the ships weren’t at Teldrassil during the heist because the place was a smoldering heap of ash. The heist happened after the Siege of Lordaeron so the ships were on the wrong continent during this event… and the ships had come back by that point since the Alliance army left Lordaeron after it was blighted.

For your theory to work is if the heist happened before the Alliance withdrawal but after all the leaders and the important prisoners like Saurfang were in their prison which leaves a very narrow timeframe and requires Sylvanas to have full picture of the Alliance’s logistics and troop movements.

2 Likes

You belong in the GD not the SF. You are in the wrong place smallz

1 Like

First say completely inaccurate things and state this gem. Yeah one of us belongs in GD alright.

2 Likes

you are a really unhappy little fella arn’t ya.

Every single time you are involved in a Sylvanas thread you become really abusive towards Sylvanas fans. It’s not because we don’t know the lore. You just like hurting people.

2 Likes

Yes… indeed.

Neither had Ranger General Sylvanas.

But not so few remaining that Saurfang wouldn’t buy the idea of holding the tree hostage any more, which is to say, not so few remaining that burning the tree wouldn’t send a meaningful number of souls to the Maw.

Her monologued she made before even catching up to Malfurion and before the Horde even reached Darkshore gave away that she was intending to burn Darnassus, which wouldn’t have any point if there were no people there to burn with it.

The context of that line was more likely what Saurfang stated in “You want to make me suffer” as she had not yet revealed that she was actually working to feed the Maw yet to empower herself so was still playing up the false role of dutiful Warchief until Saurfang got under her skin - figuratively and literally with a sword.

5 Likes

that’s not entirely true. She said “they must know it’s inevitable the tree would someday burn.” I don’t think she thought that day would be that day until after Saurfang failed.

She also wanted revenge for the pain the NE’s inflicted in the battle

These Horde soldiers had not died in a flash of fire—they had burned slowly, in agony, screaming.

The night elves had done everything they could to prolong the horror, to maximize the pain.

Malfurion would be very upset to see what his people have done, Sylvanas thought. The wound is open. The bleeding has begun, but they use their hatred in such pitiful ways.

The kaldorei knew they were outnumbered. They knew their homeland was lost. Maybe a few of them knew in their hearts—just as she knew—that Darnassus would one day burn to ashes. All they could do, in their rage, was make these poor souls suffer.

I feel like we can’t take things out of context, the entire context has to be examined and understood from every perspective to fully understand the nuance of the scene. She was basically saying one day the NE will pay for this atrocity against the Horde by not givingour soldiers a quick, clean death (a sore spot for her.) There’s nothing to suggest that she pre-planned the Burning of Teldrassil.

problem is that; killing nathanos was literally the only thing that night warrior tyrande accomplished. Take that away and the powerup served no purpose. on top of that; none of the architects of the burning of teldrassil would face kaldorei justice.

Having to move her timeline up because Malfurion would have shifted the balance so the Alliance could have taken the tree back before whenever it was she intended to burn it still indicated her plans to burn it one day. Burning it then or later doesn’t reduce the number of souls sent to the Maw.

2 Likes

The one thing I always wondered though, is if Sylvanas was successful in binding Eyir in Stormheim would she still have burned the tree?

With the Val’kyr at her command, she could’ve just let nature takes it course and fed the souls to Maw via her Val’kyr.

Just something I often think about

You are not wrong Cladriah, I’m not happy either with how the NW arc turned out. I wanted more of Tyrande in God Mode.

Indeed. And here’s the context you left out:

The kaldorei knew they were outnumbered. They knew their homeland was lost. Maybe a few of them knew in their hearts—just as she knew—that Darnassus would one day burn to ashes. All they could do, in their rage, was make these poor souls suffer.

They had used their power not to win a battle or buy time for their people’s evacuation, but to inflict pain and nothing else. Their fury had stripped away every civilized pretense, every semblance of honor, and they had shown who they truly were.

That was what war did. That was what it was for: to give civilized beings permission to do the unthinkable. Only then could you achieve the impossible.

Sylvanas had learned that the hard way. Too many others probably never could.

Sylvanas was just justifying to herself why she was going to do the unthinkable of genocide to accomplish her and the Jailer’s goals.

5 Likes