[Spoiler]Judgement of Sylvanas

You would have been better off just keeping it to yourself.

It served absolutely no purpose.

If they stop lying, if they stop saying nonsense, if they stop doing that, yeah…yeah, I might consider that. Because I find that disrespectful, I find that deeply disrespectful…to lie about crap like that…

I do not, the wound that never heals that Sylvanas inflicted on Saurfang, or Saurfang inflicted on himself, is not to be understood in the context of the statement “I trusted you”.

The statement with I trusted you is another mocking. Because he perfectly executed it, he perfectly executed it…everything she wanted, like a good dog…and when he and she failed at Malfurion…she was able to inflict an even deeper wound on him with that. Yes, she trusted him to give her the war she needed…to follow her dutifully like a good military dog. …and what can I say…she pulled that off, flawlessness and saurfang…bought her lies, her goal was the entire time to kill as many as possible…that was the whole point.

What are making up now?

The wound was a rift between the Alliance. Because Sylvanas under estimated the Alliance. She expected Genn to turn on Tyrande and the Alliance. But Genn actually proved his loyalty to Tyrande. Sylvanas assumed the Gilneans would demand the Alliance take back Gilneas,allowing the Horde to divide and conquer. But she was wrong. She underestimated the Gilneans loyalty to the Alliance, they helped reclaim Darkshore.

Her whole plan hinged on the Alliance and Horde continuing to fight over old griviances but the Horde Civil War and the Crossroads cinimatic was all about how we could choose not to continue to be at war, how the Horde and Alliance can put aside our differences leading to the armistice and tentative peace…

…did you even play BFA?

1 Like

They try to do that to me on a daily basis. Alynsa turned perfectly civil discussions to absolute vitriol that I had to put on my ignore list and never interact with them again.

The rise they just got out of you is exactly what they wanted. Don’t let them. The best thing you can do is ignore their toxicity and manipulation tactics and stick to the facts.

They started liking me last week because I called out Ikaar and Ethriel on their behavior. The reward people who engage in their sort of toxic behavior. But as soon as an opinion that was different than theirs was presented and I actually held to my arguments and backed them up.
Suddenly I was burning bridges and the absolute vitriol directed at me… oof. Not fun but whatever, its the internet.

You’re the first person I’ve ever seen say something like that, thanks! I thought I was the biggest Sylvanas/Forsaken fanboy on the forum. I thought my bias was very apparent. My issue is I don’t tend to buck against canon lore, even if that means points against my favorites.

I could post entire walls of text breaking down whole chapters but I will suggest reading it for yourself before doing most of the work.

Sylvanas end goal was to feed the maw as many souls as possible; I’m not double down on that. We’re talking about the method, planning and or execution.

The plan wasn’t to approach it like a bull going through a china shop. Teldrassil wasn’t suppose to be the final battle before flying off cackling back to the Maw. Sylvanas was playing the long game up until Saurfang-Malfurion mishap. Part of the short game was to only have enough prisoners that they could handle. Long game was the entirety of the Alliance.

Side rant and for the record: I despise the bull in the china shop saturday morning cartoon Sylvanas depiction. I prefer the cunning subtle Sylvanas.

the wound who never heal…inflicted in this moment on saurfang…because she was right…she was damm right…it was his war, his strategy…his plan…the entire wot is on him.

the wound who never heal…was allways meant to silence saurfang, to make him…either an mindless follower…too deeply wounded by his own deeds or…let him leaf the horde so no one could argue against her uses of the horde, then…after he was leafing, her tactics killed as many horde soldier as possible aswell.

So her goal was not infact to minimize Night Elf civilian deaths. Do you agree or disagree.
If you agree then why point towards a plan that we both know she had no intention of actually following.

And no one said Teldrassil was to be the final battle. All we are discussing is Sylvanas’ intent on killing as many night elves as she could. There was no intent to reduce or avoid this.

8 Likes

If you wish to hate paladin Arthas for his actions, that’s fine. If you want to hate dk Arthas for his actions, that’s fine too. But stop hating the two as if they’re the same character, when one is the result of the other picking up a soul-stealing, personality warping sword.

It’s like blaming Ranger Sylvanas for Banshee Sylvanas, or Anduin for what’s he doing with Kingsmourne.

The only reason why people hate Arthas for this debatable sexual assault is because it happens to Sylvanas. This victim who goes on to abuse countless people in similar ways.

At the risk of being told it’s whataboutism, where’s this disgust for Deathwing abusing dragon women, or Gul’dan enslaving Garona?

1 Like

I’m here already a while longer than them…they can deal so with newcomers…but I will always follow the truth, and if them means with lies or on the basis of lies with me to discuss…will just what may experience a few here, because I react to it as to see highly resentful.

short term yes her goal was to preserve lives in order for long term goal to be accomplished.

She wanted them all gobbled up at some point, including those of her own faction. At what point did she agree to allow NE to escape? Did NE escape? <—crux of this discussion

It’s almost like you fail to grasp that people can change their minds.

Buts it’s okay, your ignorance about me I can forgive, you wouldn’t be the first nor the last to know nothing about me

running means not sparing…running means in this context they should not fight, otherwise darkshore will be a meatgrinder…and oh hell…darkshore was a meatgrinder, for both sides…the entire wot was extremly ressourcefull for the horde, i mean…it was the entire power of the horde there, 8 to 1…and so many horde-people died…this was meant to be a meatgrinder…and saurfang even accepted this…

a wedge that would split the Alliance apart

It’s right there in the text. Her goal.

Just like I said above.

1 Like

explain and please reference.

she never did.

they did not. Otherwise Teldrassil would have been empty.

I have nothing against the people change their opinion…but more often within a few hours…in both directions, that is a flag in the wind. Do not even think that I just somehow evaluate this statement, it changes anyway in a few weeks again, if there are other circumstances here.

Again people can change their mind when new information is presented to them

You not understanding that is distinctly a YOU problem

2 Likes

This is from the planning phase, this was the goal with which she baited saurfang, my statements are the end of the WOT, where saurfang realizes…what really went on…who the wound was for and…that he, and he alone is to blame…why it’s all so pointless, why he wants to die…why it all becomes a nightmare. She, as I said, was very skillful at it…using him…it was really perfectly set up and he bought it all off her and planned it out for her…thus putting the blade to his own heart…and at the end of the WOT… she merely stabbed…with the blade he himself placed, for it destroyed his face…his honor…in his eyes…he was the dishonorable warrior…who is a monster, the monster the alliance always saw in the orcs. …he sees it now too, and nothing changes that…that’s his attitude at the time…that’s why he wants to kill himself, because monsters deserve to die…he always told himself he had honor…he never had it…at any time…and he tells Anduin that later clearly…the horde, the orcs…they have no honor…but…anduin doesn’t say they do, but that they could have one…if led by the right ones.

They are long dead characters who are not involved in this expansion, so people here aren’t talking about them now.

Arthas…isn´t really involved either…i would prefer him above zovaal^^