/spit wasn’t removed because of “wokeness”

I disagree with the emote’s removal, but I also have emotes disabled in my chat windows for spam reasons. I find it funny, but it’s basically Blizzard distracting everyone over a manufactured excuse.

Imagine being one of those boosters who wrote so many complaints to blizzard about people /spitting you that you actually forced a change.

1 Like

This is another stupid knee jerk reaction, to a problem that doesn’t really exist.

1 Like

I mean, I guess you can think I’m upset. I’m more amused and contemplative but that’s up to you.

I think people forcing change can overall be a positive thing.

They forced it by threatening to never buy more boosts. Boosts in and of themselves are bad for the game especially a classic wow game that never had any boosting. Blizzard killed the classic community with all their greed. Like forcing players to pay money to play both classic and cata. I would not call protecting the boosters while ignoring your most loyal fans good for the game

1 Like

It was both and you could tell boosted 58s by their gear when they started out.

Edit: There was even an addon:

That was some mental gymnastics but I do respect your opinion

/spit has been removed in BC servers? Wow.

The point is that someone trying to be edgy by /spitting on me hardly had an effect.

Some people are just weak I guess.

1 Like

Right. Them removing it a week after getting caught with their pants down is just a coincidence. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It wasn’t removed cause players were using it on opposite faction players.
It was removed cause players were using it on people that bought the BCC CE mount.

Which is, honestly, pretty sad, considering the higher-ups seem to be making more of an effort of protecting the feelings of players paying them big $ than their own employees.

It was removed because it’s rude and /rude is still there for you.

Choo Choo the safespace train is leaving soon hop aboard Choo choo.

1 Like

No! /spit was sacrificed to destract the player base away from paying attention to real issues.

They sacrificed to emote knowing we would create 500 threads about if it was valid or not and dull down the 1000 threads about how Blizzard is scum and FF14 is better.

They need to actually be working on their HR problems… I don’t wanna see a darn thing done in the game until I see a better working contract by blizzard posted somewhere on the net. And I want that contract in the forums for us to review…cause NO ONE can rip apart and cherry pick like these forums can. By the time we are done Blizzard won’t have a single loop whole to exploit.

2 Likes

Let’s see if it is removed from retail. If it is, I expect you to come back and say “I was wrong.”

It was removed as a distraction. No one really cares one way or the other. They just want the forums to talk about this instead of them groping their coworkers and driving women to suicide.

4 Likes

I don’t know what people are talking about the /spit. I used it last night and it worked fine. So did /fart.

LMAO

1 Like

If someone can’t distinguish the difference between spit in a game and spit in RL their brain isn’t functioning properly.

Seriously, if you cant handle an emote in a game the real world is going to eat you alive.

2 Likes

/spit

Semper Fi! :us:

1 Like

Yeah, I remember cutting up the corpses of people who fail mechanics in my guilds raid or in M+ runs back in BFA lol. then setting them on fire…