/spit wasn’t removed because of “wokeness”

Yeah blizzard removed /spit but can’t keep their hands to themselves or keep from recording women on the toilet.

Flag my post again Blizzard please rather than just own what your people did.

2 Likes

It was removed from TBC classic

Can I ask how to tell if someone is boosted or not?

1 Like

Are they wearing the Boosted character gear?
Are they asking things like “how do I open my inventory” at level 62 in /1

It shouldn’t be too hard. /shrug

And the mod to autospit on store mount sellouts is probably already updated to work around it. All this “anti-harassment” action accomplished is to bring to a larger audience that store players are reviled by many, and that spitting on them is a meme.

Blizzard has now helped that meme grow, probably exponentially, with this. It just shows how out of touch with their playerbase they are.

If you hated /spit get ready for /fart.

1 Like

You could spot newly boosted toons in TBC Classic by their level and their gear. New 58 boosts had specific sets of gear per class. There was also an addon that automated identifying them.

I’m gonna be frank…anyone who leaves because they can’t /spit on others anymore isn’t the kind of human being (and I use that phrase loosely) you want around, anyway.

2 Likes

My subs up in a few days, so unless they change the game dramatically soon you might be waiting a long time for that mea culpa.

Au contraire mon frère lol. There are situations where spitting is indeed very positive :wink:

1 Like

I’m trying to imagine either side, and neither is more pathetic than arguing about which is more pathetic.

I would imagine covid19 played a role is removing our ability to spit on others…

You’re right. :wink: What was I thinking?

1 Like

If this is a troll its hilarious.

If not, the “yell at their teammates” is what is produced when someone types/says anything in arena on the opposite team. Its not even an emote lmao

It’s more about the slippery slope of policing speech than it is about this particular emote. The bigger picture.

1 Like

Spitting on someone has nothing to do with speech.

Spit was removed because the asmongold stream thing.

Sure it does. Expression and speech are intertwined.

1 Like

The /spit removal is actually hilarious

“Okay boys we’ve been exposed for having an extremely toxic work place, everyone now knows we are basically been producing the sexual harassment xpac behind the closed doors, how do we curb this one”

“It’s not us. It’s the players! Remove /spot that’ll let the world know we are taking the huge issues in our work place seriously by deflecting it onto the players”

1 Like

i mean youre right since it isnt removed from non-tbc

1 Like

So if you spit on someone out in the real world and are arrested for simple battery, have your speech/expression rights been violated?

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t get why this gets a lot of hate. Blizzard can make a game for mobile platforms without making a “mobile game.” They did a good job with Hearthstone until recently when they went full “mobile game” with it.