Sorry, somebody has to say it, the Chronoboon Displacer is a big fail

Its design is fine. The o ly thing odd about it is the place you buy it.

the design is bad. the design facilitates the world buff meta more than before. the creator’s intentions behind the design is bad.

What are you talking about? It makes getting world buffs easier. If you were not getting them before I see no reason why you should start now

it makes world buffs easier to get for everyone. however, easier doesnt always mean better. you have to look at this from a game design perspective, not a player’s perspective. when you want to change something in a massively multiplayer online game, where multiple people are competing against each other simultaneously at many dynamic things, your decisions to change things revolve around how it either incentivizes or disincentives the player’s behavior. the chronoboon displacer incentivizes full world buff stacking, which is not something that was prevalent in 2004-2006 vanilla, and only became popular late into the vanilla private server scene around 2013. up until around 2019, nobody except private server players who regularly raided knew anything about the world buff meta. in retrospect, making world buffs tick down while logged out would have preserved the original 2004-2006 gameplay much more closely to its original design than having this chronoboon displacer which simply allows for players to get all the world buffs they want without worrying about losing them. its design is great, for players. but for the game itself the design of the chronoboon displacer incentivizes fully world buff raiding, which is just unnecessary.

Dude. U less you were thick as a plank you need to come to terms with the fact that everyone who was competitive and sweaty got the world buffs.

Including rend on the alliance.

The cat was out of the bag. I mean it’s been out of the bag for 15 years. So Blizzard made it so the mechanics of world buffs remain in the game as they did during vanilla but have now made it so you can keep playing your main instead of being raid buff logged.

That’s a good thing. From a design perspective it keeps the players playing the game without changing core classic mechanics.

Now if you were lazy and didn’t get the buffs before I don’t think it matters if you bother getting them now. Even though it’s actually easier now.

But don’t pretend to believe that most competitive guilds were not buff stacking. That’s living in ignorance.

I understand where your coming from. Before the cronodisplacer I would get DMT buffs, then get Island summon and Log out until a heart was dropping, then port to SW and Log out until a head drop, then get a port to SF and Log out till one was ready. Doing this would knock a few mins off every WB but not to bad.
Now instead of Logging out after getting each of my buffs to wait for the next to be ready, I Crono my buffs so that I can just keep playing on main while I wait to see when the next buff is dropping.
I normally use 3-4 cronodisplacers to get all my WBs so my cost for getting WBs went from 20g per week to 60g. The trade off is that I get to play my Main during the times that I would be logged off waiting to see when the next buff that I need is going to drop.

Just stop complaining about the gold and do as you did before.

I mean lol. All that was given to you was options.

if they simply changed world buffs to tick down while logged out instead of having an item that stores their durations, it would have been closer to original 2004-2006 gameplay

Lol, i wasn’t complaining. Reading comprĂ©hension eh’.

Just that I see where the OP is coming from. I even said the tradeoff is that I get to play my main.

While few and far between, I hate to break it to ya but there were guilds abusing world buffs back then.

Or is your suggestion to remove all manner of min maxing because you are too lazy?

ok. so you claim they were, i claim they werent. the real main point though is that i claim that it wasnt as prevalent as it is now. and so reducing the ability for players to get world buffs is better than increasing their ability to get world buffs. but only if your goal is 2004-2006 era gameplay.

Warriors wearing leather wasn’t as prevalent as it is now. or in your case, paladins wearing blue dresses.

boo hoo.

this is classic. this is how it evolved as we min maxed it. the world buffs were a thing back then. now the cat is out of the bag and they are thing during classic. but tbc is right around the corner so you won’t have to deal with them for much longer so relax. ride out the last month and enjoy the fact that these chrono things make the buff dance that much easier.

Besides, neither of us wants to demand we all pretend this was back in vanilla where most people didnt know anything and we were chalk full of poorly specced holy paladins healing in full t2 judgment.

yeah but were talking about world buffs, not warriors wearing leather.

we are talking about MIN MAXING. Don’t be selective as to what YOU personally feel is crossing the line with what gets used that was in vanilla. That’s some arbitrary nonsense that’s personal to your values.

I love abusing world buffs and everything else that was in classic. I love squeezing every last stat out of the classic game as it was to see just how powerful I can get.

Relatively easy to do the math.

If world buffs add on average 200 dps a player (more for melee, less for casters so probably about right) then buffs are adding 4k dps in a 20 person raid. So the breakeven point for a 30 person unbuffed raid would be 400 dps/person.
IE: As long as people are averaging at least 400 dps each (which seems pretty low by current gear standards) then 30 unbuffed does more damage.

1 Like

You underestimate wbuffs and crit

I thought it was pretty cool to have 119m on Ony, ZG, and 116m on DMT (8% speed + Pocket Watch is BiS).

Though, I do agree. They should have made it so the Chronoboon was used to gather the ‘essence’ of the buffs and then Chromie would sell you ‘fuel’ that would be consumed each time you used the Chronoboon to buff yourself with all the buffs it had recorded.

Oh well, another couple of weeks and it won’t really matter. We should have the prepatch and with it all the TBC class changes (it’ll likely be equivalent to what Patch 2.0 was).

steamrolling through Naxx with Devastate, Trees, Dancing Trees, really pissed off Hunters, Dragon-mages, and most important: Paladin Buffs and Shaman Buffs (respectively). Once they get power leveled and gear-boosted by ‘the guild’.

Then, a few weeks after that, off into the Nether we go and world buffs will be a thing of the past.

((And, eventually, a thing of the past for those staying in Vanilla Era. Or do you really think people are going to re-roll 60s to get the WB quests again.))

Why make the “best” use of it? Compare 2 realistic examples:
[1] not using the chrono-thing at all
[2] doing the same thing (nothing more) using it

Is [2] easier than [1]? If “yes”, then it is a useful feature.

Idk you talk of optimal play, yet you don’t want to put in maximum effort for those few seconds on world buffs
 for the “casuals” like me who clear naxx every week at a non speed run pace this is a great change that frees me up substantially. I get my buffs and I store them, none of this displacer juggle. Also get your zanza before raid if it’s so important to have maximum uptime.

Not really, those are more or less sim numbers