Something i have noticed about Void Elves

(Statement): Firstly, there has always been, and will always been a group of people on the forums dedicated to saying, “No.” We had it with the request for Classic WoW, we had it for the return of Flight (and still do), we have it for High Elves, etc… So, that group exists and dedicates themselves to saying No.

(Speculative): After that you’ll have the crowd of folks who were specifically against High Elves who, now that Void Elves are getting High Elf customization, want to completely shut down the race. It comes off as a petty form of trying to get the last word in an argument.

(Commentary): Once you sift out these two groups you’re left with a group of players who legitimately feel that new options just don’t make sense from a lore standpoint.

(Speculative): When it comes to Void Elves ans new classes, there isn’t too much that sticks out lorewise. Paladins are obvious, but if High Elves are among them, it’s less problematic. I’ve seen some people suggest they could never been Demon Hunters because the Void likes to explode with the Light and Fel, but I think Demon Hunter can work for them, as per my own interpretation of the lore; I think the void would quell the demon soul(s) within them. Druid could work, but you’d essentially have Druids of the Nightmare which, while cool, might be objected to by the Cenarion Circle. As for Shamans, I don’t think there is any basis for void-wielding shamans outside of the Twilight Cult, and those are more just individuals who were already shamans to begin with. There isn’t a case of void-corrupted shamanism to draw from for inspiration. Doesn’t mean it couldn’t work.

1 Like

That is a rather major conspiracy theory. Do you have anything to back it up?

Or maybe people are pro-uniqueness and the constant demands for void elves to be increasingly blood elf is entitlement and petty?

Would that not be applicable to both of those groups you just tried to label in a negative way?

They’re still void elves, hence the name. You can’t devoid it.

Which is what interpretation? We’ve not seen anything to suggest void can interact safely wih fel or light. They explode or cancel out.

They would need access to the emerald dream, and said access was gained through n’zoths manipulation. It is doubtful they could do such a thing by themselves without enlisting aid from a Dark Naaru, and that would most assuredly get them kicked out of the alliance.

3 Likes

There is still nothing that explicitly states that it is impossible for void elfs to be a paladin in the game/lore itself.

What she said.

Yes…yes there is.
Paladins are infused with light.
Void elves are infused with void.
When light and void try to mesh?

POP.

3 Likes

But, there is still nothing that explicitly states that it is impossible for void elfs to be a paladin right? Unless it was written literally word by word “Void elfs cannot be a paladin”, that means void elfs can be a paladin.

Yeah I know that's some low IQ argument right here but humor me for a moment.
1 Like

I don’t humor such silliness.

taken from a book dealing with a human paladin, thats a human paladin rite that was described :stuck_out_tongue: just fyi

Because apparently Void and Death are opposed to one another like Void and Light, Thank you Three Sisters comic /sarcasm

1 Like

What is your point besides you disliking it?

I don’t have a problem with it.

More choices to expand how people enjoy the game are good.

The real dilemma, how does a race having a class someone doesn’t like HURT them? How does it hinder their gameplay or affect them in any extent? The answer is: Void elf paladins or blood elf druids DON’T HURT ANYONE.

Let people customize their play experience to suit what they want, and their own fantasy. If you don’t like void elf paladins, and Void elves get them, if you don’t like blood elf druids, and blood elves get them, just ignore it, block them, don’t invite them to your groups, just pretend they don’t exist for you and viola, you can RP in a world where they don’t exist in your own personal canon, meanwhile the players who WANT those classes can enjoy them.

I’m all for more class options.

#voidelfpaladins2020

#bloodelfdruids2020

2 Likes

disliking what? The book? i enjoyed it when i read it over 8 years ago.

Naw naw, mostly the way use it to support what I suggested.

And some people do. If you don’t understand how it is interpreted as harmful, then you’re simply not wishing to understand an opposing view.

1 Like

How do void elf paladins/blood elf druids harm your gameplay? How do they stop you from playing WoW or hinder your ability to play Wow?

They harm my immersion and enjoyment of the game.
They remove the value of other races, and takes away the draw from those other races and what they offer.

If everyone could play every class on every race, then the only people you would see running around are night elves and blood elves.
Diversity is healthy for the game.

2 Likes

What kind of lore-breaking nonsense is that, you flea-ridden dog? We deserve nothing less than wings… and I don’t mean those ratty wings the demon hunter’s have that let them glide instead of fly… no. I mean real wings that let us FLY as the void intended!

This is with any class not just void elves… But IMHO… Void Paladins YES!! Not light infused but VOID INFUSED.

1 Like

Waters down lore and flavor in a game that already struggles to retain any? How is that difficult to understand.

2 Likes

Void and Light DNA just don’t splice.

Quit asking Blizzard to make you Med’an.

Aliliice is just salty because she wanted to be a paladin but had to settle for priest instead.