Something i have noticed about Void Elves

THIS! this is what im talking about lets have a civil discussion like this on what you could do to get these potential combos in… but no gotta get dunked on by the lore buffs because it might ruin their idea of current established lore

Pretty much this, “We wanted High elves, not Grape Elves!” and absolutely nothing will sway them, funny thing is. Even if they did get High elves they still wouldn’t be happy because “We have to share our precious High elves with the Horde!” and probably push for the removal of Blood elves and a free faction change for all Blood elf Players.

11 Likes

giggles then busts out laughing

Even that wouldn’t make them happy, then they’d push for every elf to be named something like Leleior’lo’othleien, and have Silvermoon changed to Rivendell.

And we’d be forced to make weekly poetry or lose levels.

4 Likes

This was absolutely not the tone of your thread:

You blatantly called out the people who are against it to come defend themselves, so no this was not a “let’s have a discussion about adding new classes” thread, it was a “hey people who disagree with me, why?”

Dont get mad when you get exactly what you asked for in the op.

13 Likes

I swear they made this EXACT post like… A week and a half ago.

“But whhhhhhy?”

1 Like

am i not allowed to change where i want my topic to go? didn’t know you ruled the forums…

Actually you are more right than you know… they are getting that, and they are still not happy (though most people are very happy on Liinxy’s post, there are still a few outliers, usually making their own threads about it.) Liinxy recently posted a bunch of images of the Blood AND Void elf customizations coming in Shadowlands, which give both races the ability to be high elves. But no, people want an actual brand new race with brand new unique racials instead of literally two options for playing a ‘high elf’ in whichever faction you prefer. It’s to me the best of both worlds, but… no they want high elves as a new race and Alliance only.

2 Likes

Don’t Death Knights already exist?

5 Likes

Because, to the OP their fun supercedes anyone else’s fun. Cant say I blame them, I can be the same way. Especially about lore and classes. But I’m willing to admit that.

I don’t rule the forums, but you set the tone of the thread. You set the title and the topic in the op. Now your getting salty when someone comes in and does exactly what you asked, to the point where now you want to change topics rather than stick to your original guns.

Change your op if you want to change topics. Just dont be mad when people continued the conversation you started.

6 Likes

if you think about it

they can’t be warriors cause why would a warrior have been dabbling in void magic

1 Like

What do Death Knights have to do with Paladins? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

By “void themed paladin (instead of light)” I mean the Paladin class, as we know it and play it right now, with a coat of void paint, inflicting shadow damage instead of holy, and lore stating that these Paladins draw their power from the Void rather than the Light, but are otherwise mechanically the same.

It’s not something I ever expect Blizzard to do, but the concept isn’t far fetched. Shadow healing spells exist both for players and NPCs so there’s no conflict with a healing spec or healing abilities. A shadow infused shield thrown at an enemy should hit just as hard as one infused with holy energy.

If calling them Paladins is the issue, then simply call them something else like Riftblade or what not. But mechanically they would be Paladins “under the hood”.

3 Likes

Posting in ANOTHER disguised void Elf Paladin thread.

4 Likes

This is fine. Even if they don’t flavor the colors of the skills out the door but establish lore about Void Elf knights utilising the Void as a sort of magic-wielding swordsman (Riftblades) then I’d not be against it.

Especially since they can add glyphs to let players choose a Void flavor for their skills (Priests already have one for Penance).

We’ve seen that Priests can be Shadow or Void, and what is a Paladin but a Priest in armor?

2 Likes

brace yourself for “that’s not how the lore is”
plus the explanation…

Nah lore doesn’t matter screw lore and just give void elfs tails.

1 Like

cool, slap a bow in that bad boy! make myself look pretty

They are sayig no for two reasons

1. Paladins are light. You would need to completely change paladin lore to fit void elves

2. The people requesting it want to have everythig blood elves do. Not just the look, but their ironic paladin class. Its basically trying to clone a horde race while the HOrde gets nothing in return.

5 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind if Alliance got an High elf Allied race, but this is a nice compromise which is apparently the problem. It’s a compromise and there are people on both sides of the fence who hate it. Those who want High elves just want High elves period and those who don’t want them, don’t want Void elves to get the options at all because apparently High elf fantasy is “Horde fantasy” and if one side has something the other can’t be allowed to touch it.

EDIT: I just hate it.

Everything…seriously…like…everything. Death knights and paladins are the opposing classes.

So…make an exception for a single race, because its not good enough to have the looks they also need to have ALL the classes including the class that TBC literally used as justification of the blood elves.

So in essence, making TBC completely defunct in all that it offered outside of giving the alliance Shamans.
Giving Horde blood elves means nothing now because void elves get the look and then some.
Giving the blood elves paladins, which justified them joining the horde, means nothing cause hey, you can get that through void elves.

WoW is just going to be generic MMO at this point.

4 Likes