Somebody has 10 gold minutes after server opened. How?

Where are the gold farmers getting this gold? Classic just launched two hours ago

2 Likes

Youre right.

It was much, much worse on actual vanilla release day.

I would not be at all surprised if huge gold farming enterprises have taken up residency in classic and are already pooling coin to sell.

You can’t buy gold on a server that is brand new, just opened, and everybody is level 4.

2 Likes

Even if you have a group or raid of people looting the mobs, the gold is split between everyone… They don’t drop more gold just because more people were involved in the kill.

There is no way that people could have 10s of gold in an hour or so unless there is some kind of exploit going on.

Where are these unguarded chests that level 1 chars can steal?

The chinese probably beg to differ. I’m expecting my first communication in game to be from a gold/level farmer.

I am confused. I was watching the stream you refer to when someone (supposedly a viewer) was offering 2 gold (via someone else in chat with asmongold) and he was considering it after previously stating he would not accept anything from viewers. His stream lit up calling him a cheater and liar if he took the offer so he said he would not accept the gold. I saw no window or trade or actually evidence of gold, just someone in his chat saying it was being offered from a viewer. I cannot stand this streamer so I did not watch too long. Did Asmongold change his mind and take gold from someone and show this on stream?

Prob an exploit in the games code that makes generating currency possible, has happened in multiple mmo, including wow in the past.

The professional gold farmers would have used beta and stress tests to probe for vulnerabilities.

I’m sure they get some support from Blizz on the backside…Like they got into the game without hitting a 25K que for example. The streamers attract players and thus Blizz gets free advertisements.

He accepted stuff early on and that what I think people were talking about. I saw where he was about to screw someone over on a trade and one of his friends went off on him. Warning him that he would basically be blacklisted on the server if he did that and couldn’t be trusted. So he was all like, I’m not accepting anything from anyone.

As far as what I could see, he was accepting stuff from some of the people he is actively playing with, not from viewers. In fact, I just switched back to his stream to see what was happening and someone he is playing with is saying that streamers should be called out publicly for accepting stuff from viewers as this is cheating so I cannot believe he traded gold on stream after stating he wouldn’t. While I cannot stand this streamer, what the OP described is not what I saw in his stream so let’s be fair even if we do not like the guy.

Multi boxing and people pooling money for the streamer. Buy another account if you want to be good!

Yup, so maybe 10-20 minutes after servers went online for the first time, somebody traded 2 gold in a window. Then in another stream, somebody did 10 gold.

We’re talking minutes after the server opened, when lag was crazy, and people could barely tag mobs. Somebody had the gold amount of roughly 3000 mobs (3000x starter zone mobs) give or take.

Just doesn’t seem possible. Is there something people are missing here?

if you think that’s bad wait till you get into the game the guy will probably have 2500g by then. Heck I’m already seeing online folks posting to level charc’s up to 60 in a 7 day period for a price of real money so anything is possible.

Dude, it’s foreign farmers. They have infiltrated the United States of America.

Mind your own business, snitch.

Joking

Asians are resourceful.

Gold is already up for sale on several different websites.

1 Like

Sounds like the collection plate made it around. Seriously, think if he has 100 followers all donating a few silver each (and he has a lot more than that on his coat tail), it’s not unfeasible. Just saying.