Some Auction House items unpurchaseable

They should close the auction house, for the good of the economy. too many bugs and bots.

4 Likes

So, the AH is back up and on one character everything appeared in my mailbox. When I went to post the items, it does but when I check on auctions, they show I have nothing for sale, and it emptied my inventory like it should normally when I post things.

On another character I went to check on an item and I went and bought some materials to craft, and it allowed me to purchase said items, but they never left the broker. Went to my mailbox and yes what I paid for I received and when I checked back on the broker the items I purchased where still on the broker, and I was able to purchase them again effectively a possible duping bug.

Did the 2nd sale go through? I also noticed my auctions expired, posted a few and they didn’t appear, logged out and back in and they showed up like normal on my sale tab and anything new posted has shown right away.

However, the stuck auctions are still happening. I was full on expecting Blizzard to just cancel every commodity on the AH currently and just have it fully reset, but alas it’s still bugged with new 49k days remaining posts

Yes, the second sale went through as well. Went and bought it to confirm and checked mailbox and it was in the box. Went back to AH and now there were more on there and even at a lower price. Those I bought and disappeared like normal, but the 9 always stayed there and would not poof unless someone was literally reposting them as fast as purchased.

just did a test trying to buy proenitor essentia (priced from 1s to 5g) x406 total 339g 82s. still says This item is no longer available (there’s 9663 available)so it’s still f***d up

1 Like

Nice to know this, i managed to buy 1 progenitor per 1s and got so afraid of something like what you stated that i didnt even tried again.

But after that ive been reading on some forums and some people seems to be abusing doing that.

If an item is listed at something on the Auction House, it’s yours for the taking if you can get it! Simply using the Auction House and buying items that other players listed is not a problem. If someone wants to list expensive items for 1 silver, that’s the seller’s problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Herbing isn’t my other profession.

Lmao; according to multiple people in r/woweconomy, the moment the AH went back up, it got even more broken than it was before.

What exactly was being done during all that time?

They wouldn’t if they knew what they were talking about. I play primarily on Stormreaver which for some reason is one of the lowest pop original servers still left.

Everything was crazy expensive there relative to big pop servers, for obvious reasons. But that meant everything I sold was also for a high price. So I could still earn my way up to big ticket items.

This change only affected farmable/craftable stuff and not the big ticket items.

So now I get high pop chump change earnings for what I can get myself while the things I can’t get but want/need are still crazy expensive. It is now even worse to be on a small pop server than before.

It was a bad solution implemented even worse.

2 Likes

So I agree that it hurts the seller’s market, but the majority of the usage of the AH will be from a buyer standpoint. If you are the average player who doesn’t sell a lot on the AH, this change will get better for the average player. When we swap to DF and craftable equipment becomes more important and market demand will increase for consumables, there will be room for gold earning again on small servers for sellers. Sellers in the end won’t make as much but buyers won’t be destroyed by unmanageable prices.

did blizzard tested the AH “Improvements” that we did not ask for on the PTR at all? or they said eff it. let’s put it on live and let the players test it and not respond to any of the bug report posts …
stop messing around with things that has worked for years without problems and don’t need tacked on Improvements

There is a lot of bugged essentia on my alliance characters and none on my horde characters. If i try to buy Essentia on my alliance character i can’t unless i have 5m gold on me so i can bypass the fake-listed ones. My horde character has no issue whatsoever, all the fake-listed ones are still showing 0
One server being Tichondrius (for alliance chars) the other being Baelgun (for Horde). Wondering if its actually not as region wide as it should be lol

Bugged progenitor essentia really needs to be fixed!! Super annoying that I keep getting the “no longer available” message and it won’t refresh to correct price and amount available.

brace yourself, a maintenance just happened and it’s still not fixed

1 Like

This is starting to get ridiculous.

essentia is now unpurchaseable for me on dalaran after the maintenance today. there are low unbuyable items stuck again like there were from thrusday night and through the weekend. it was fine yesterday and this morning.

As much as it pains me to say this, I suspect an issue with the AH API. Likely an addon is able to make a call that hasn’t been updated yet, or something of that nature. I would recommend that, until the exact cause is figured out, Blizz go back to the basics and disable all AH API calls to see if it is internal or an API. This will certainly show that pretty quickly. Now, the real question is, can they disable just those hooks. :wink:

Clearly, based on how quickly the essentia was screwed this morning, someone has figured it out. A ban should be in their future for purposely screwing up the AH, but it may also expose the API call that triggered the issue.

1 Like

It seems that various items are stuck at 3 gold. When I try to buy an item at exactly 3 gold I get a message that says “Item unpurchaseable”. I’m finding this with elemental crafting items.

Somehow they managed to make it worse. I logged in to find over 230k gold missing. Apparently it decided to actually buy some of the Essentia I was trying to get the other day - at almost 3500g/pc!

Ticket opened but holy crap, how do you screw up so badly that failed purchases get processed at a different rate than it was originally submitted at?