SoM tanking

I know its not going to be popular but if you could find some way to make other tanks besides warriors to be an actual viable main tank that would be great. I tanked on my druid through AQ40 but I have to say I felt the drop off after BWL. I am not going to pretend to know how you could do it but more than 1 real tank option in raids would be great.

5 Likes

We had our feral druid tank Kel Thuzad. It’s definitely possible to tank most encounters as feral. It’s not necessarily “optimal”, but it’s “viable”.

I think feral tanks (especially Alliance), will be in a decent place in SoM. Pummelers will be huge for threat whereas fury prot tanks will be taking a hit since there’s no wbuffs.

5 Likes

Bear tanks are awesome in 5 mans.

please make my class good at everything blah blah blah

3 Likes

you mean like warriors? please…

4 Likes

Druids: worst caster DPS, passable tank, worst healer

Warriors: best DPS in the game, best tank in the game, diamond flask set gimme all your healer loot lol

Feral druids: no itemization, wearing a level 40 craftable helm, farming gnomeregan for a level 29 weapon

Warriors: lionheart helm, legendary 1 hander, legendary 2 hander, best ST trinket, naxx weapons

Poor warriors, if only they could catch up to these druid powerhouses lol

18 Likes

Druids are literally not good at anything in classic wow besides running flags in wsg.

8 Likes

Daxjin has it right. Druids can tank just about everything, but I probably wouldn’t want to do Maexxna if I could help it. Alliance druids do have it a bit better.

We’re still not quite as good overall. Our niche is extremely niche. Very high comparative threat in early content, if the warrior tank doesn’t have reck up.

If you want to parse on heals then don’t play Druid. Or you could…

gasp

Play Druid because you have fun with it

4 Likes

I don’t think buffing druids a little in classic would be bad. They should be buffed a little in tanking to be competitive.

I think warrior tanks should be the defacto main tank for the hardest bosses. But druids should be put in a place where they are viable for most bosses, just not the hardest hitting ones.

Or Blizzard could

gasp

Buff classes that are blatantly bad or useless, seeing how vanilla WoW hasn’t been patched in

gasp

15 years. Imagine any other current big game not getting any patches for years. Also imagine wanting to play the exact same meta a few months after having just played vanilla for 2 years.

3 Likes

What do you mean hasn’t been patched? TBC was literally an expansion to fix all the classes and add new content. If people wanted to play that they would play TBC.

Classic should stay as it was with minor quality of life changes.

If Blizzard wants to improve classic and take it in a different direction than TBC they should do it with a classic + expansion.

Classic SoM is not classic +.

5 Likes

Ok you’re right on that, but don’t act like you are the arbiter of what SoM is. We’re both just schmucks on the internet, don’t act like you know exactly what SoM is supposed to be. Blizz can easily tweak classes, it’s their game that they have full control over. I retract 15 years, and say 2 years instead, the start of Classic. Imagine wanting the same meta yet again, and again, and again, for the foreseeable future because… why exactly? Things aren’t allowed to be tweaked?

4 Likes

That’s tbc bro and you can play it right now. Don’t play classic if you don’t like the class design

4 Likes

#onlytanklife i feel you bud

If there are other good raid tanks it’ll be because they gave bears AoE.

But I tanked every single Classic dungeon as Enhance. I saw two locks pull off dungeon tanking as well with their pets. I even solo tanked most of UBRS and OT’d ZG multiple times haha. Trust me, for the entire pre-raid experience you can tank anything so long as you spec into it.

I’d like to see some class changes in SoM. Yes TBC is out, but it’s not classic. I prefer the old world to outland. It wouldnt be massive changes, just some tweaks to help less popular classes be more viable.

They are changing raid difficulty, might as well buff underperforming classes a bit while buffing the raid to not make it trivial. Some change in the meta would be welcome… 15 warriors and 10 rogues in a raid is a blasphemy.

4 Likes

No class buffs. Tbc is already put

I too, like doing the same exact thing over and over. Also I love the fact that over 7 specs are totally useless, leading to a boring raid comp of warrior/rogue/mage :slight_smile: making those specs not useless would ruin the game and it would just be a carbon copy of retail :slight_smile:

4 Likes

roll hybrid class, complain about being hybrid class

can pass as a tank even vs. raid mobs then pop out combat res heal ect

warriors can’t change armor or talent spec in combat… the comparison is stupid

1 Like