SoM = Same ol' Mess | #BuffMemes

you’ve repeatedly said you didn’t even play classic just stop

6 Likes

you really want to know my story? I did play classic, but it was the very last month, right when TBC was announced. and my heart was broken. I wasn’t gonna get to play classic. Halfway through I had to play TBC, complete with the awful homogenizing class/talent changes. It was awful.

now, with SoM, I actually get to play the vanilla classic I wanted. so I don’t appreciate people like you who want vanilla classic to change because you’re bored of it. if you’re so bored of it, buzz off. we’re not making it a whole new game just to appease you.

1 Like

and how is your exploit threat generation working out of paladins?

2 Likes

I had no problem clearing content as a paladin.

no one said you did! What was said, and pay attention, is so incredibly few people role paladin to tank because it’s no where near as good as warrior in perception or performance.

4 Likes

So you didn’t play classic but now you did? You have shown time and time again you know absolutely nothing about this game. TBC classes are anything but homogenised. The terrible specs from classic are viable, but they still don’t top the dps meters.

You keep trying to say we are ruining the game, but you didn’t even play the game, you clearly didn’t follow it either, your lack of knowledge of both vanilla and classic astounds me by how much you talk and tell people they’re wrong.

The meta was extremely different to what it is in vanilla compared to classic. No fury warriors were putting out anywhere near the numbers that we see today and due to this unforeseen meta, atleast a quarter of raids are filled entirely with dps warriors who can double if not triple the majority of other classes damage.

Yes we are bored of the meta, because it is ridiculous. You aren’t bored of it because you didn’t play it and it’s new for you. Why should we, the actual players, all cater to some clown that doesn’t even play the game because he thinks he should have a say?

10 Likes

Shaman threat is not amazing… rockbiter weapon auto attacks, the magic damage reduction is negligible and you wouldn’t be able to optimally pick that talent regardless if you wanted to talent up a proper pseudo spec, on top of that, earth shock is the next threat generator and you need spell hit to land them all, which is unachievable in “tank” gear. But go on, I always enjoy your clown show posts knowing you literally have no idea

Laza, welcome back, and oh wouldn’t you know, you’re lying again, or showing your absolute ignorance on the topic. I’ve tanked all dungeons as shaman without taunt, it’s easy. But people didn’t want to take anything other than a warrior and bear tanks to raid because of taunt.

There are still plenty of videos of shaman’s raid tanking bosses from Classic on Youtube. You really shouldn’t make claims that can be disproved in less than 30 seconds with a keyword search on google/youtube.

It’s just not Meta, because fury-prot is outrageously overtuned.

2 Likes

rdruid is VERY good in the hands of a good player. I regret to inform you that your issues are L2P related

I played it for about 15 days before TBC prepatch came out.

I played the real game 15 years ago, and that counts, whether you want to admit it or not. I know what feels right and what doesn’t. And a bunch of class/talent changes ain’t right.

LOL

ahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha

This is the experience that all of your anti-WB caterwauling is based upon?

LMAO

6 Likes

Thankfully I was spared having to endure WB meta personally. But I can imagine how horrible it was.

I played the entire time and there are still things I’d like to try out before you turn this into tbc 2.0

1 Like

If you don’t like WBs you can join a guild that doesn’t use them. They do exist, and they still clear all the content. Because the content is easy.

Good lord, you truly are the single loudest mouthed yet least informed person on this forum.

1 Like

So you’re basing your “knowledge” of what you think is right and wrong based off of 15 days of playtime at the very end of classic and some 15 year old memories? It is actually hilarious you think you are entitled to any input on this game. Most of us played both in vanilla and for the last 2 years on classic servers. So we actually know what feels right and what doesn’t. You on the other hand don’t have a clue.

8 Likes

Ooof… i’m all for giving people a chance, but you clearly are pushing it bud. You literally have no standing here. You didn’t play classic. You played 15 years ago. You literally have no idea how classic, vanilla, or pservers work or should work. Please stop posting so much. You’re the type of player that will quit a month into SoM anyway.

8 Likes

I’ve ranked all dungeons too, but never a raid because I cba. But something does tell me you are full of absolute sh*t. Who cares if shamans can rank brd, doesn’t mean we need to make them viable to tank KT. You’re lying because you don’t understand the shaman talent tree. I have been maining shaman since the launch day of blizzards WoW, day one.

i played vanilla to legion, classic, and tbc. I loathe world buff meta at least on a PVP server.

That’s cool. I don’t care much about world buffs. I cleared all content with and without them. Even Saph and KT were doable without em with great preparation and decent gear. I don’t care if they are in the game or not. People crying for their removal or their presence are annoying and there’s a good chance they haven’t cleared anything or barely played classic let alone cleared Naxx. They are a fun little mechanic that was never intended, but added some fun little competitions (speed runs, world first races, etc.) that drew in some hype to classic wow. We can have a season without them no problem. It’s just really not a big deal as some people on this forum make it out to be.

1 Like

Shaman was meant to be able to tank but the class design back then was poorly done. Honestly if you want the truth I’ve seen warlocks tank raid bosses not just AQ 40’s vek’lor but literal bosses that do physical damage. So the thing is to tank all you need is armor or some way to reduce/mitigate like a shield or in a warlock’s case soul link with a pet while using an armor pot.