[SOLVED] UI is bugged on only my hunter

To preface:

1. I have NO addons activated at all
  2. This is specific to my hunter

I don’t know WHAT’S going on, but when I try to use the new UI HUD Edit Mode it… doesn’t work for me specifically on my hunter. I can’t make or save any layouts, as pressing the save button, even the revert button, does nothing. I had to go onto my priest character, make a layout there, then do it on my hunter, but even then it still is glitched.

The quest bar is GIANT and is stuck to the top left of my screen, I don’t have any grid showing when I activate the grid option, and exiting out of edit mode doesn’t remove the border around all my UI elements. It’s becoming rather frustrating and I don’t know how to fix it – which is bad due to my having raid on Thursday.

Anyone else getting this issue? Verifying my game cache didn’t fix it, relogging, restarting, and reboot my computer did not fix it either.

Best wishes to you all!

Try going to the
[WoW folder]\_retail_\WTF\Account\[your account]\[realm]\[character]
folder

Rename/move somewhere else the files starting with:

flagged-cache
layout-local
Addons

It may be a character-by-character thing or use an Explorer Search/Delete but best to check on a single character first.

3 Likes

Oh my word, thank you, Fizzlemizz. This fixed my issue!

Thank you so much!

Leave it to a child of Mimiron to fix this. I love you so much Fizzlemizz. Side note - Blizzard Hire this gnome, he knows his stuff

Hi team,

Any further fix to this, I am still stuck with the same issue even after following Fizzlemizz’ solution.

Cheers

That would indicate that you are either having a different problem or you have an addon/macro that is re-creating the problem after logging back on.

Exit the game, apply the fix to one character with the bug, rename your [Wow folder]\_retail_\Interface to something else (may as well make a copy of the folder elsewhere also) to disable all addons and log back on.

If that fixes the problem then one of your addons not (entirely) compatible.

You can exit the game and delete the newly created Interface folder and decide what you do with your current addons in the renamed folder…

1 Like

The issue i’m having is similar to this. I thought maybe it was an addon or the new edit feature, however I haven’t been able to fix this. The Sign of the Skirmisher icon is in the middle of my screen right above the action bars. All addons disabled, and fizzlemizz’s fix applied. It persists. When i do the fstack, it says its an addon called blizzard tutorial helper or something. I have no such addon though. Not sure if I can attach screenshots.

I tried everything above and it didn’t work