SoD is not classic, thats why we need fresh

He can’t handle the truth.

I have never in my life been toxic btw.

Maybe you should ask on the you know, ERA forums.

I think it’s funny Moo was thanking you for sharing your opinion, then you just proceeded to talk crap.

I’ll join you: Your taste is garbage.

They stole seasonal Classic so they could sandbox retail design into Vanilla for a year+. This is where I’ll ask for fresh.

Here let me help you., https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/wow-classic/classic-discussion/172

This is the forum you’re actually looking for.

I haven’t been back to the game in a very very long time. I don’t have any recollection what the controls felt like honestly. I’m sure you’re correct though in that the game could use a modernization, both graphically and making the game handle more smoothly.

I’m not really sure that I agree that you should be able to kite things though. Look where we are with SoD right now and how kiting works. Eye of Shadow on the AH? I personally think it’s silly that’s currently happening. I know later in the game when hunters are going for their epics it’s a big part of their quest, but I don’t agree that we’re better off because of it.

Yeah, I know right.

Well, that’s the forums for you.

I’m here right now because I like forums and in all honesty have months of tokens from Wrath gold. So I might as well chime in to say my preference and that of people I know don’t play right now, not that it really matters but there’s no harm. I’ve never posted on this forum to hate on SoD, but I think that everyone has their favorites.

1 Like

I didn’t say anything negative about people that do other than I don’t understand it. If I was talking crap, I would have said something like… I don’t understand it and I think it means you’re mentally stunted.

You see no reason why anyone would want to play Vanilla as it was back when? Not a single reason?

There are people talking crap on the thread.

My main reason to talk to people personally is to try to understand their viewpoints, not to try to be right or whatever. Your post to me that I replied to was well worded enough so that’s all good.

1 Like

Look Moo, you’re a good dude and if me saying “Yeah honestly for me it’s a wonder that people could play the base game again” is the same as me talking crap … well … I dunno, I think that’s the forums for you.

Just because it astonishes me that my good friend Singleton would want to play a fresh Classic rerelease doesn’t mean I think any less of him for it. Don’t let this guy bait you with his toxicity :wink:

You’re pretending like you think Vanilla is irredeemably bad and not worth playing, while playing a game built directly on top of it.

Explain how I’m toxic for calling that out?

Maybe you didn’t play a caster, but you could absolutely kite in DAOC. It was just jank. Run from the target, face macro, quick cast a spell, then either whip the camera around or hit a macro to do a 180 degree turn, run in other direction until you create enough distance… it’s so clunky.

In fact, Diseases are one of the most gnarly kiting tools in any game. A mobility debuff with no DR, a mortal strike effect, and a strength debuff rolled into one in a game with no gap closer or any other sources of MS.

Anywho, kiting has always been part of WoW from the beginning. Granted, I think the SoD meta game is scuffed because it has both too many gap closers and too many instant casts, falling into the same pitfall as Retail in terms of engaging in a mobility arms race, but I think it’s weird to say kiting isn’t a core skill from the very beginning. It’s one of the first practical skills you’re supposed to develop as a player, especially given spell push-back exists and how many monsters in Vanilla shield-bash or kick you.

No, I’m saying that the base game is incredibly boring and the meta is, in my opinion, terrible. Too much warrior scaling, etc etc etc… I don’t need to repost what I’ve already posted.

I’m not saying it’s not worth people playing, I say I don’t understand why people would and it’d not for me.

You want to, please be my guest. You clearly enjoy playing a warrior.

Not everything you read is a personal attack. Take a deep breath and go outside fella.

1 Like

Understood. Not everyone has to love it. :+1:t4:

There’s nothing wrong with nostalgia.

The invitation you keep hiding from remains open, tweenager.

Pretending you’re still on a PvP server is cute. I’m just wondering how you’re gonna keep from pissin on that tucked tail Tricklepuppy.

I don’t hide behind an unrelated character.

I don’t have a problem with people wanting a Fresh Classic server, all half-of-a-server of them can go speedrun the 20 year old game. (I doubt blizzard will do it any time soon because I doubt half of server split across Normal and PvP, would be worth enough to put resources into.)

I do have a problem with them trying to point to it as a good game by claiming other versions of the game are bad because they changed something when it was practically rebuilt from the ground up in the Xpac prepatch, by the same devs who made it in the first place…because it was a trash system.